At the office
A: Good morning, miss.
A:早上好,小姐。
B:May I help you?
B:我能帮你忙吗?
A: I'd like to see Mr. Miller, please.
A:我想见米勒先生。
B:May I have your name, please.
B:请问你叫什么名字?
A: I'd like to see Mr. Smith.
A:我想见史密斯先生。
B:Do you have an appoinment?
B:您预约了吗?
A: No, but I have something urgent to talk about with him.
A:没有,但我有急事要跟他谈。
B:Sorry, he's at a meeting now.
B:对不起,他正在开会。
A: I'd like to see Mr. Lines, please.
A:我想见莱斯先生。
B:Would you give me your business card?
B:我看看您的名片好吗?
A: Sure. Here you are.
A:好,给你。
B:Thank you. I'll see if he's available now.
B:谢谢,我去看看他是否有空。
A: Good morning, miss. I'd like to see Mr. Johnson.
A:早上好,小姐。我想见约翰逊先生。
B:May I have your name, please?
B:您叫什么名字?
A: My name is Bill Jones.
A:比尔-琼斯。
B:Mr. Johnson is expecting you. I'll tell him you're here.B:约翰逊先生正在等您,我告诉他您到了。
A: I'd like to see Mr. Johnson.A:我想见约翰逊先生。B:Do you have an appoinment?B:您预约了吗?A: No.A:没有。B:I'm sorry, Mr. Johnson has a full schedule this week.B:对不起,约翰逊先生本周日程已排满。
A: I'd like to see Mr. Cooper.A:我想见库柏先生。B:Sorry, Mr. Cooper is occupied at the moment. Could you please write a note to him on the matter you wish to see him about?B:对不起,他现在正忙。您能否留下便条说明您有什么事要见他?A: Sure.A:可以。
A: Hello, this is Mr. Smith of Motorola Corporation. Is that Johnson Company?A:您好,这是摩托罗拉公司,我是史密斯,请问您是约翰逊公司?B:Yes.B:是。A: May I speak to Mr. Hans Miller, please?
A:我可以和汉斯-米勒讲话吗?
B:Sorry, he's been transferred to the New York Office.
B:对不起,他已调到纽约办事处去了。
A: Rudy, will you please make ten copies of this report?
A:鲁迪,请把这个报告复印10份。
B: I'd like to, but the photocopier is out of order.
B:好的,不过影印机坏了。
A: Then use the xerox machine.
A:那用复印机。
B: It broke down one year ago.
B:一年前它就坏了。
A: Oh, forget it then.
A:哦,那就算了。
|