spooky玄,可怕的
A:This morning Keith came in wearing the same clothes he had on in my dream!
今天早上凯思竟穿着和我梦里见到的一样的衣服进来。
B: That's spooky!
真玄!
zit青春痘
A:Stop popping your zits. Yor know you're only making it worse.
别再挤你的青春痘了,这只会让它更糟。
B: But I look so stupid with this big zit on my nose.
但它就长在鼻子上,我显得很傻。
tell it like it is实话实说
I always tell it like it is but, unfortunately, sometimes the truth hurts.
我一向实话实说,只是有时候实话会伤心。
babe美女;帅哥
A good thing is about living by the pool is you get to see all the babes.
住在泳池边的好处之一是可以看美女。
jerk差劲,没品的人
A:Can you believe that? David sold the bike that be borrowed from me to somebody else.
你相信吗?大卫竟把向我借的自行车卖人啦。
B:Really? What a jerk!
是吗?真差劲!
cheapskate小气鬼
A:Larry wants me to buy him a new CD simply because I accidentally scratched the back of his CD case.
拉瑞要我买个新CD还他,只不过我不小心把他的CD盒背面刮了一下。
B:I'm not surprised. He's known as a cheapskate.
我一点也不惊讶,他是有名的小气鬼。
home free大功告成
I just need two more days of good work and then I'll be home free!
再好好工作两天我就大功告成了。
|