首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《魔法英语》课文译注 > 第一课:好朋友

第一课:好朋友
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/11/01 13:59  新浪教育

 

 SPEAKING

 

 课文翻译

  JOHN:I’m 15 years old and I love football. I also like reading, especially

  约翰:我15岁,我喜欢足球,我也喜欢读书,尤其

  stories about people from other countries. I don’t enjoy singing, nor

  是有关其他国家人的书。我不喜欢唱歌,也

  do I like computers. I think that rock music is terrible.

  不喜欢电脑,我认为摇滚音乐很可怕。

  ANN:Hi,I’m Ann. I’m 16 and I like dancing and computers. I also like

  安妮:你们好,我是安妮。我16岁,我喜欢跳舞和电脑。我也喜欢

  rock music. I hate hiking and I’m not /into/ classical music. I don’t

  摇滚音乐。我不喜徒步旅行,我对古典音乐无兴趣。我不

  enjoy reading too much.

  太喜欢读书。

  STEVE:I’m 14 years old and I love skiing. Other favourite hobbies are

  史蒂夫:我14岁,我喜欢滑雪。其他的嗜好是

  reading and singing. I don’t like hiking. I think that rock music is

  读书和唱歌。我不喜欢徒步旅行。我认为摇滚音乐

  too loud, and I think that football is boring.

  太吵闹,并且我认为足球很惹人烦。

  PETER:I’m from Australia. I’m 15 and I’m fond of singing. I sing a lot,

  彼得:我来自澳大利亚,我15岁,我喜欢唱歌,我不停地唱歌。

  and when I’m not singing, I listen to rock music or use my

  当我不唱歌的时候,我听摇滚音乐或玩

  computer. I don’t like football and I think that classical music

  电脑。我不喜欢足球,我认为古典音乐

  is terrible. I hate dancing!

  很糟糕,我不喜欢跳舞。

  SARAH:My name is Sarah and I’m 14 years old. My interests are reading

  萨拉:我叫萨拉,我14岁。我的爱好是读

  novels, playing football and singing songs. I think that rock

  小说、踢足球、唱歌。我认为摇滚

  music is terrible, and I don’t like dancing. I don’t enjoy

  音乐很糟糕。我不喜欢跳舞,也不喜欢

  computers either.

  电脑。

  JOE:Hi there. I’m Joe. I really like computers. I surf the Internet

  乔:你好,我叫乔。我的确喜欢电脑。我一直上网,

  all the time and I like playing computer games. I don’t enjoy

  我喜欢玩电脑游戏,我不喜欢

  football and I hate hiking. Rock music is OK, and so is skiing.

  足球,不喜欢徒步旅行。摇滚音乐很好,滑雪也不错。

 

 重点·难点·考点及疑点注释

  1. love,like和enjoy的区别。

  在这一部分中出现了表达“喜欢”意义的三种方式,即like, love, enjoy。这三个词的意思相同,可以换用。但是like, love, enjoy这三个词也是有区别的。like表示的是一般的喜欢,感情色彩不及love,其后面可跟不定式也可跟动名词。而love经常用在爱祖国、爱父母这一类爱的程度比较深的情况下,感情色彩比较强烈,其后面可跟动名词,也可以跟不定式。enjoy在意思上侧重“享受某种乐趣”,后面只能跟动名词,不能接不定式。

  The children like (love) swimming in the river.

  孩子们喜欢在河里游泳。

  I like (love) to visit him as often as possible.

  我喜欢尽可能多地去看望他。

  I love my parents.我爱我的父母。

  I enjoyed climbing mountains.我喜欢爬山。

  2. I don’t enjoy singing, nor do I like computers.

  …nor do I like computers.这是一个倒装句,意为“……也不”,也可用neither代替nor,形成“neither/nor +动词+主语”结构。

  I haven’t heard the exciting news, nor has he.

  我没有听说过那个激动人心的消息,他也没有。

  I didn’t read the notice on the blackboard, nor (neither) did she.

  我没读黑板上的通知,她也没读。

  3. be /into/意为“对……有兴趣,热衷于……”。

  She’s really /into/ modern dance.她对现代舞真是喜欢极了。

  4. boring意为“乏味的,无聊的”。

  a boring movie乏味的电影

  The speech is deadly boring.那场演讲乏味极了。

  5. be fond of意为“喜欢”。

  He is fond of sweet food.他喜爱甜食。

  I’m fond of swimming in winter.我爱好冬泳。

  6. Rock music is OK, and so is skiing.

  so意为“……也”,用“so + be/助动词/情态动词+主语”结构。

  He can ride a bike, so can I.他会骑自行车,我也会。

  We saw the film last week. So did they.

  我们上个星期看了那场电影,他们也看了。

 

 READING

 

 课文翻译

 

 CHUCKS FRIEND

 

 查克的朋友

  In the movie Cast Away, Tom Hanks plays a man named Chuck Noland.

  在电影《荒岛余生》中,汤姆汉克斯扮演主人公查克·诺兰。

  Chuck is a businessman who is always so busy that he has little time for his

  查克是一个生意人。他非常忙,没有时间

  friends. He is a successful manager in a company that sends mail all over the

  会朋友。他是一位成功的经理,他的公司向全世界各地发送邮件。

  world. One day Chuck is on a flight across the Pacific Ocean when suddenly

  一天,查克乘坐的航班在飞越太平洋时,

  his plane crashes. Chuck survives the crashes and lands on a deserted island.

  突然飞机坠毁。在这次坠毁事故中,查克幸免于难,掉到在一个荒岛上。

  On the island, Chuck has to learn to survive all alone. He has to learn

  在这个岛上,查克不得不学习独自一人生存。他必须学会

  how to collect water, hunt for food, and make fire. Perhaps the most difficult

  怎样取水,怎样猎取食物以及怎样生火。或许最困难的

  challenge is how to survive without friends. Insgroupsto survive, Chuck deve

  挑战是如何在没有朋友的情况下生存。为了生存,查克与

  lops a friendship with an unusual friend—a volleyball he calls Wilson.

  一个不寻常的朋友——一个他称之为威尔逊的排球,建立了友谊。

  Chuck learns a lot about himself when he is alone on the island. He reali-

  当查克独自一人在那个岛上的时候,他对自己了进行了很多反思。

  ses that he hasn’t been a very good friend because he has always been think-

  他意识到他不是一个很好的朋友,因为他总是

  ing about himself. During his five years on the island, Chuck learns how to be

  想着自己。在岛上生活的五年期间,他学会了

  a good friend to Wilson. Even though Wilson is just a volleyball, he becomes

  怎样和威尔逊做好朋友。尽管威尔逊仅仅是一只排球,他还是

  fond of him. He talks to him and treats him as a friend. Chuck learns that

  很快就喜欢上了它。他和威尔逊谈话,把他看做朋友。查克懂得了

  we need friends to share happiness and sorrow, and that it is important to have

  我们需要朋友来同甘共苦,而且照

  someone to care about. He also learns that he should have cared more about

  顾别人是很重要的。他也意识到他本应该多关心

  his friends. When he makes friends with Wilson, he understands that friend-

  朋友。当他和威尔逊结交朋友时,他明白

  ship is about feelings and that we must give as much as we take.

  友谊之情是双向的,我们付出的必须和得到的一样多。

  A volleyball is certainly an unusual friend. Most of our friends are human

  排球当然是一个不寻常的朋友。我们的大多数朋友都是

  beings, but we also make friends with animals and even things. For example,

  人,但我们也和动物甚至和一些东西交朋友。例如,

  many of us have pets, and we all have favourite objects such as a lucky pen

  很多人有宠物,我们还有一些喜欢的东西,诸如一支幸运的钢笔

  or a diary. The lesson we can learn from Chuck and all the others who have

  或一个日记本。我们从查克和那些拥有不寻常的朋友的人身上

  unusual friends is that friends are teachers. Friendship helps us understand

  得到的教训是——朋友是老师。友谊使我们

  who we are, why we need each other and what we can do for

  明白我们是怎样的人,为什么我们需要对方,我们彼此能为对方

  each other.

  做点什么。

 

 重点·难点·考点及疑点注释

  1. on a flight意为“乘航班”。

  I’ve booked you on a direct flight to Paris.

  我为你预定了直飞巴黎的航班。

  2. when在该句中用作并列连词,意为“这时,正在这时”相当于at that time。

  I was wandering through the streets when I caught sight of a tailor’s shop.

  我正在街上徘徊,这时忽然看见了一家服装店。

  3. survive意为“经历(灾难等)之后还活着,经历……之后残留下来”。

  Only one baby survived the terrible car crash.

  在那次可怕的撞车事故中只有一个婴儿生还。

  4. deserted意为“无人居住的,被遗弃的”。

  a deserted house空屋

  The streets were deserted.街上行人绝迹。

  5. develop意为“发展,养成,培养,发扬”。

  He believes that sports can develop mind and body.

  他相信运动有益身心发展。

  Hand in hand with reading, he has developed the habit of making notes.

  在读书的同时,他养成了记笔记的习惯。

  develop还有“开发,培育,发生(疾病),冲洗(胶卷)”的意思。

  The builders are developing that tract of waste land for housing.

  建筑商正将那块荒地开发为住宅用地。

  We have developed a fine strain of rice.

  我们培育出了一种优良的稻种。

  6. Chuck learns that we need friends to share happiness and sorrow, and that it is important to have someone to care about.意为“意识到他需要朋友与他同甘共苦,并且意识到有人照料是很重要的”。

  注意此句中learn后面接了两个that引导的宾语从句。第一个that可以省略,但第二个不能省略。

  7. share + n. + (with, among, between)意为“与……共同使用,与……分享”。

  If you have an umbrella, let me share it with you.

  如果你有雨伞,让我和你合用吧。

  Why don’t we share the expenses among us?

  我们为何不一起分担费用呢?

  8. care about意为“介意……,在乎……”。

  He doesn’t care a bit about clothes.穿着方面他毫不在乎。

  He didn’t seem to care about it at all.他看起来一点也不在乎。

  9. learn one’s lesson(from)意为“(从……)得到教训”。

  We learned his lesson that we wouldn’t drive too fast.

  我们吸取他的教训不能开车太快。

  表达此意时,我们还可以说:teach sb. a lesson给某人一个教训

  The accident taught him a lesson.那次事故给了他一个教训。

  10. Friendship help us understand who we are, why we need each other and what we can do for each other.意为“友谊使我们明白我们是怎样的人,为什么我们需要对方,我们彼此能为对方做点什么”。

  此句中understand后面接了三个并列的宾语从句,分别由what, why, what引导。

 

 语法:直接引语与间接引语

  本单元主要学习陈述句的直接引语转变为间接引语的方法。在转变时常由从属连词that(在口语中可省去)引导,引述动词常用say, tell等,间接引语中须有下列一些变化:

  1.人称的变化。

  “I’m tired”, he said.“我累了。”他说道。

  →He said he was tired.他说他累了。

  2.指示代词的变化。this通常改为that, these通常改为those等。

  “You may have this book,”said the librarian,“for one week.”

  “这本书,”图书管理员说道,“你可以借一个星期。

  →The librarian said that I might have that book for one week.

  图书管理员说那本书我可以借一个星期。

  3.时间状语的变化。last night, now, three days ago, tomorrow通常依次改为the night before, then, three days before, the next day/the following day等。

  She said,“I saw him last night.”她说:“我昨晚看见了他。”

  →She said that she had seen him the night before.

  她说她在前一天晚上看见了他。

  He said,“Now I live in London.”他说:“现在我住在伦敦。”

  →He said that then he lived in London.他说他那时住在伦敦。

  He said,“I saw her three days ago.”他说:“我在三天前看见了她。”

  →He said that he had seen her three days before.

  他说他在三天前看见了她。

  4.地点状语的变化。here通常改为there。

  He said,“She arrived here yesterday.”

  他说:“她昨天到了此地。”

  →He said that she had arrived there the day before.

  他说她前一天到了那里。

  5.时态的变化。引述动词如属过去时态,间接引语的时态则一般须有相应的变化。这就是所谓的时态的呼应。

  (1)现在时态变为过去时态。

  He said,“I’m sorry.”他说:“对不起。”

  →He said he was sorry.他说对不起。

  He said,“You haven’t changed much.”他说:“你没多大变化。”

  →He said that I hadn’t changed much.他说我没多大变化。

  She said,“He’s waiting.”她说:“他等着呢。”

  →She said he was waiting.她说他等着呢。

  She said,“He has been waiting.”她说:“他一直在等着呢。”

  →She said he had been waiting.她说他一直在等着。

  (2)过去时态变为过去完成时态。

  He said,“The man came at six.”他说:“那人是6点钟来的。”

  →He said that the man had come at six.他说那人是6点钟来的。

  He said,“The rain was falling yesterday.”他说:“昨天在下雨。”

  →He said that the rain had been falling the day before.

  他说昨天下雨了。

  (3)将来时态变为过去将来时态。

  She said,“He will come late.”她说:“他要迟到了。”

  →She said he would come late.她说他要迟到了。

  He said,“I’ll be seeing you off on the 10 o’clock train.”

  他说:“我将送你乘10点钟的火车走。”

  →He said that he would be seeing me off on the 10 o’clock train.

  他说他将送我乘10点钟的火车走。

  注意:在下列一些句子中,时态保持不变。

  “The earth moves around the sun.”the teacher told us.

  “地球绕太阳转。”老师告诉我们。

  →The teacher told us that the sun moves around the sun.

  老师告诉我们说地球绕太阳转。(间接引语仍用现在一般时,因为间接引语说的是客观真理)

  “The meeting is to be held next Tuesday.”he said.

  “会议于下个星期二举行。”他说道。

  →He said that the meeting is to be held next Tuesday.

  他说会议于下个星期二举行。(间接引语仍用一般现在时,因为间接引语所说的情况在说话人说话时仍然存在)

  He told me,“I will go with you tomorrow.”

  他告诉我说,“我明天将和你一起去。”

  →He told me that he will go with you tomorrow.

  他告诉我说他明天将和我一起去。(间接引语仍用一般将来时,因为间接引语所说的情况在说话时仍是有效的)

 

 INTEGRATING SKILLS

 

 课文翻译

  Reading and writing

  Do you know that you can use the Internet to make friends? You may

  你知道可以用因特网交朋友吗?你或许

  know that a pen friend, or pen pal, is someone you write letters to. But what

  知道可以写信交笔友。但是

  is an epal, or key pal? Yes, you guessed it! An epal is someone you write

  你知道什么是e朋友或者是key朋友吗?嗨!你猜对了!e朋友是你

  e-mail to. Email is faster and cheaper than letters, so you can write to your

  写电子邮件交的朋友。电子邮件比信件快捷,便宜,因此你可以

  e-pals every day and you don’t have to wait for a letter to arrive. Just write

  每天给你的e朋友写信而不必等待来信。你需要做的仅仅是

  your message and click it away! Read the following epal ads. Write an email

  写完信后,敲击键盘,一切就办妥了。读下面的交友启事。给其中的一位

  to one of them.

  写一封电子邮件。

  Hello everyone, I’m Jane. I live in South Carolina. I like painting. I’m

  大家好,我是简。我住在南卡罗莱纳。我喜欢画画。

  15 and I’m a student. I like talking and joking around and I like to listen to

  我15岁,是一名学生。我喜欢聊天,开玩笑,听

  rock music. I am looking for epals from any country.

  摇滚。我想找一个e朋友,无论是那个国家的都行。

  Hi. My name is Jack. I am tall and I have blue eyes. I like sports. I play

  嗨,我的名字是杰克。我是个高个,有一双蓝眼睛。我喜欢运

  soccer. I love to make people laugh. I love singing and dancing. I am honest

  动,我爱踢足球。我喜欢逗别人笑。我非常喜爱唱歌跳舞。我很诚实,

  and I like to have fun. I like talking to people. If you’re interested in being

  是个乐天派。我喜欢和人谈话。如果你有兴趣和我成为

  friends, drop me a line.

  朋友,就给我写信吧。

 

 重点·难点·考点及疑点注释

  1. click意为“敲打,拍打,发出咔哒声”。

  She clicked her fingers in time to the music.

  她随着音乐的节拍打着响指。

  The door clicked /into/ place.门咔哒一声关上了。

  2. drop sb. a line意为“给某人写信”。

  I dropped him a line yesterday.我昨天给他写了一封短信。




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽