http://www.sina.com.cn 2007年12月24日 14:10
Part 1: 改错训练
1. Professional workers such as lawyers or accountants usually work longer hours than factory workers they have more freedom in planning their time.
2. Larry wasn’t able to finish graduate school. Because he didn’t get a scholarship.
3. After its introduction in 1969. The float process became the world’s principal method of manufacturing flat sheets of glass.
4. We heard a lecture by Prof. Taylor. Who is the chairman of the history department.
5. Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and the phonograph. But not the telephone.
6. Arnold Palmer, a famous American golfer, is no longer playing professionally, he is still respected by golf fans over the world.
7. Seals appear clumsy on the land, they are able to move short distances faster than most people can run.
8. You can’t get to the island from here. Without a boat.
9. While all birds are alike in that they have feathers and lay eggs. There are great differences among them in terms of size, structure, and color.
10. A barometer is a device it is used to measure atmospheric pressure.
11. Sometimes cloth is made by blending natural fibers and synthetic fibers. Rayon and cotton, for example.
12. Professor Roberts bought a car in Rome. Then sold it in Amsterdam after her vacation.
13. Technical climbing means mountain climbing without special equipment, it shouldn’t be attempted without training.
14. Almost 92% of people get married over one third of these marriages end in divorce half of all divorced people choose to get married a second time.
15. There are many species of plants and animals that they are peculiar to Hawaii.
16. Diamonds are often found in rock formations called pipes they resemble the throats of extinct volcanoes.
17. There are thousands of kinds of bacteria, many of whom are beneficial.
18. Today meteorologists obtain the information that use to make weather predictions chiefly from satellites.
19. The Pritzker Prize is given every year to architects their work benefits humanity and the environment.
20. Pipettes are glass tubes, open at both ends, which chemists use them to transfer small volumes of liquid.
21. The size and shape of a nail depends primarily on the function which for it was intended.
22. Jakarta, that is the capital of Indonesia, is also the largest city.