http://www.sina.com.cn 2007年12月25日 15:20
Part I1: 句子合并训练
1. Most folk songs are ballads. They have simple words and tell simple stories.
2. A battery is a device. It provides electricity by chemical means.
3. In May, the university will finish building a new wing of the library. Rare books will be stored there.
4. The melting point is the temperature. At this temperature, a solid changes to a liquid.
5. A keystone species is a species of plant or animal. Its absence has a major effect on an ecological system.
6. Active stocks are stocks. They are frequently bought and sold.
7. There are many varieties of snakes. Most of them are harmless to humans.
8. Charlotte Gilman’s best-known book is Women and Economics. In this book she urges women to become financially independent.
9. I knew my friends would throw me a party. It was for my birthday. There was something in the air. I felt it for a whole week before that. I was nervous. I was also very excited. I got home that night. My friends didn’t disappoint me. I walked in my house. All my friends yelled, “Surprise!”
10. I love pizza. I eat it for breakfast.
11. Mother drove to town to buy groceries. She came home with a present for me.
12. It was no use. I pretended that I had not seen him. I waved to him.
13. Baseball is the great American sport. It is thought of as a summer pastime. The weather turns warm. All the neighborhood kids find a field to toss a ball around. Soon they form teams and play each other. All summer, they always find time to listen to pro games on the radio. They watch them on TV.
14. A policeman approached Jimmy. He told him that he ought to have gone along a side street. Jumbo was holding up the traffic.
15. The bull seemed to feel sorry for him. It looked on sympathetically. The drunk was out of the way. It once more turned its attention to the matador.
16. Campbell reached a speed of over 304 miles per hour. He had great difficulty in controlling the car. A tire burst during the first run.
17. It grew dark. She turned a suitcase into a bed. She put the children inside it. She covered them with all the clothes she could find.
18. Oil rigs have to be repaired frequently. Divers, who often have to work in darkness a hundred feet under, have been frightened out of their wits by giant fish. These fish bump into them as they work.
19. I tried to wake up my wife by ringing the doorbell. She was fast asleep. I got a ladder from the shed in the garden. I put it against the wall. I began climbing towards the bedroom window.