http://www.sina.com.cn 2008年11月26日 14:16
How To Ride Out the Earthquake 如何安全渡过地震
Limit your movements during an earthquake to a few steps to a nearby safe place. Stay indoors until the shaking has stopped and you are sure it is safe to leave.
If you are indoors:如果地震时你在室内：
• Drop, Cover, and Hold--Take cover under a sturdy desk, table, or bench, or against an inside wall, and hold on. If there is no desk or table near you, cover your face and head with your arms and crouch in an inside corner of the building.
• Stay away from glass, windows, outside doors and walls, and anything that could fall, such as lighting fixtures and furniture.
• If you are in bed when the earthquake strikes, stay there. Hold on and protect your head with a pillow, unless you are under a heavy light fixture that could fall. In that case, move to the nearest safe place.
• Stay inside until the shaking stops and it is safe to go outside. Most injuries during earthquakes occur when people are hit by falling objects while entering or leaving buildings.
• Be aware that electricity may go out or that sprinkler systems or fire alarms may turn on.
• Do not use elevators.