人人说外语:如何表达担心与忧虑

http://www.sina.com.cn   2010年12月17日 16:43   新浪教育

  1. 想到面试我心慌极了。I’m really in a flap about the interview。

  A: I’m really in a flap about the interview. 想到面试我心慌极了。

  B: Take it easy. You’ve made enough preparations。

  别担心。你已经做了充分的准备了。

  2. 我感觉如坐针毡。I’m on tenterhooks。

  = I’m on pins and needles。

  ★ tenterhook  n. [纺]拉幅钩 ● on tenterhooks“焦虑不安”

  3. 我愁得睡不着觉。Worrying kept me awake。

  A: Worrying kept me awake。

  我愁得睡不着觉。

  B: You’ll send yourself to an early grave。

  你这样会使自己折寿的。

  awake a. 醒着的 ★ grave [^reiv] n. 坟墓

  4. 你还好吗?Are you OK? A: Are you Ok?

  你还好吗?

  B: I’m just tired。

  我只是累了。

  5. 我心乱如麻。I’m a bundle of nerves。

  A: I’m a bundle of nerves。

  我心乱如麻。

  B: What happened?

  发生什么事了?

  a bundle of nerves“神经极度紧张的人”

  6. 我很担心我的健康。I’m worried sick about my health。

  A: I’m worried sick about my health。

  我很担心我的健康。

  B: Don’t worry. You will be fine。

  别担心。你会好的。

  7. 我担心你。I was worried about you. = I was concerned about you。

  8. 我觉得他的病情很令人担忧。I find his illness very worrying。

  A: I find his illness very worrying. 我觉得他的病情很令人担忧。

  B: He’ll be OK. 他会好起来的。

  9. 你怎么了?What’s the matter?

  = What’s wrong? Section

  Is there anything wrong? 有什么不对吗? 05

  10. 你有什么心事?What’s on your mind?

  = What’s eating you?

  = What are you worried about? ● on one's mind“使人担心,惦念”

  11. 你的所作所为让我很担心。I’m anxious about what you did. = What you did makes me anxious。

  12. 我深感忧虑。I’m seriously troubled. = I’m really concerned。

  13. 你为什么今天看起来这么疲惫?Why do you look so exhausted today?

  ○ You look worn-out. 你看起来很疲惫。

  ★ exhausted [i^5zC:sti] a. 精疲力竭的

  ★ worn-out [wC:n 5aut] a。精疲力竭的

  14. 发生什么事了?What happened?

  ○ What’s going on? 到底怎么回事?

  A: What happened?

  发生什么事了?

  B: Nothing。

  没什么事。

  15. 我真不知道该怎么办。I really don’t know what to do。

  A: If I can’t find the money, I really don’t know what to do。

  如果找不到这笔钱,我真不知道该怎么办。

  B: Don’t worry too much。

  别太着急。

  16. 我真的慌极了。I’m really in a flap。

  A: I’m really in a flap。

  我真的慌极了。

  B: Take it easy。

  放松点。

  ★ flap [flAp] n. 骚动,不安

  17. 我再也受不了了。I can’t take it anymore。

  = I can’t bear it anymore。

  = I can’t deal with this anymore. ○ I’m mad at the world. 我快要发疯了。

  18. 我真不知道该如何是好。I really don’t know what I shall do。

  A: I lost a very important document. I really don’t know what I shall do。

  我丢了一份重要文件。我真不知道该如何是好。

  B: You’d better look for it carefully。

  你最好仔细找找。

  (来源:昂秀外语《人人说英语--从ABC到流畅口语》)

网友评论

登录名: 密码: 快速注册新用户

企业服务

不支持Flash

新浪简介About Sina广告服务联系我们招聘信息网站律师SINA English会员注册产品答疑┊Copyright © 1996-2010 SINA Corporation, All Rights Reserved

新浪公司 版权所有