1. 看来可信。Sounds true。
= Looks credible。
= Seems believable。
★ believable a. 可信的
2. 我相信你的话。I take your words for it. = I believe what you said。
= I think what you said is true。
3. 我认为你说的是可信的。I think what you said is believable。
A: I think what you said is believable。
B: Thank you for believing me。
4. 我可以相信她说的话。I can trust her words. A: Linda said she could do it. 琳达说她能做。 B: I can trust her words. 我可以相信她说的话。
5. 我非常相信你们的信誉。I have complete confidence in your reputation。
A: I have complete confidence in your reputation。
B: Thank you for saying so。
reputation n. 名誉，名声
6. 毫无疑问。I have no doubt about it. A: Do you think she can pass the exam?
B: I have no doubt about it. 毫无疑问。
7. 我相信他。I believe him。
A: Do you think he is telling a lie?
B: No. I believe him. 我不这么看。我相信他。
8. 我完全相信他的能力。I have great belief in his ability. = I can give full credit to his ability。
belief n. 信任，信心 ★ ability n. 能力 ★ creditn. 信任，相信
9. 我相信他的解释。I trust his explanation。
A: Did you finally forgive him for not having met you at the station?
B: Yeah. I trust his explanation。
explanation n. 解释 ★ forgive v. 原谅，宽恕
10. 别瞎说了！Get out of it!
A: You can turn to David for help。
B: Get out of it! He is the last one you can rely on。
11. 我不太相信广告的宣传。I don’t have great belief in ads。
A: The ad says one must do exercise with their equipment to keep healthy。
B: I don’t have great belief in ads. What they really want is to get more money from you。
我不太相信广告的宣传。他们只想更多地赚你的钱。 ● ad = advertisement“广告”
12. 我才不信呢！Never tell me! = Tell me another!
= That story isn’t good enough for me。
13. 我不相信你的鬼话。I don’t buy your story。
A: I have won the scholarship。
B: I don’t buy your story. 我不相信你的鬼话。 ★ scholarship n. 奖学金
14. 我怀疑这件事。I doubt it。
A: He said he had seen the princess。
B: I doubt it. 我怀疑这件事。
15. 那又怎么样呢？So what?
A: He said he would think about our plan this time。
B: So what? He never likes others’ ideas and he never has any ideas of his own. 那又怎么样呢？别人的点子他从来不喜欢，他自己又想不出点子。
16. 他的决定值得怀疑。His decision is doubtful。
○ There’s some doubt as to his decision。
★ doubtful a. 令人怀疑的
17. 我觉得很难相信。I find it hard to believe. ○ I think it’s incredible. 我认为那难以置信。
A: I’m going to travel around the world。
B: I find it hard to believe。
18. 别指望我会相信你。Don’t expect me to believe you。
○ Do you expect me to believe that?
expect v. 期望，(口)料想，认为
19. 我要亲眼见到才能相信。I’ll believe it when I see it。
A: We have found your lost dog。
B: I’ll believe it when I see it。