A:Jason, this could be a dump question.But that's what I wanna talk today.
Jason,我的问题可能很傻,可那是我今天想聊的话题。
B:Don't beat around the bush. What's your question?
别拐弯抹角的。什么问题?
A:Well you know, when a boy dates a girl, do they have sex on their first date?
你知道当男孩约女孩时,他们是不是第一次见面就会发生关系。
B:[Chuckles]No,Jack. It's not always about sex.
[笑]不Jack.并不是那么回事儿。
A:But many movies..
可很多电影上面
B:Those movies are not real life. Remember this. We don't always jump \into\ bed and have sex. A lot of people still like the courtship.
那些电影不是真实生活。记住这点。我们并非总是跳上床就发生关系。许多人仍然喜欢恋爱过程。
A:The what?
什么过程?
B:The courtship. That's the whole dating period. Some people do not want to settle down. They like to play the field. But if the right person comes along,there's a possibility of a lasting relationship forming.
恋爱过程,那是只整个的约会过程。有些人不想定下来,他们只想玩玩而已,不过要是有合适的人的话,他们也会谈持久的恋爱。
A:I was watching American Pie last night. I was told the movie was about real American life.
我昨晚看了美国派。别人告诉我说这片子讲的是美国的真实生活。
B:That movie is not bad. It's exaggerated.
那部片子到不赖,它有点夸张。
A:Oh,Drew. One more question.
Drew.还有一个问题。
B:What is it?
说吧
A:What do you call those people who have 2 girlfriends at the same time?
那种同时有两个女朋友的人你们叫他们什么?
B:Playboys?
花花公子?
A:Not this word. I was looking for another word. You know a man promises to 2 or more girls. He ..
不是那个词。是另外一个词,你知道一个人同时向两个或好几个人许愿。他…
B:A 2-timer. That must be the one you're looking for.
用情不专。你肯定是在找这个词。
A:How do you spell that?
怎么写的?
B:T W O T I M E R
T W O T I M E R
A:Got it. Thanks, buddy.
知道了,谢了,哥们儿。
B:You bet.
没什么。
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
[1] Don't beat around the bush.别拐弯抹角的。老外们似乎不太会拐弯抹角,他们通常比较直接{straight},有时呢就显得有点冒失了{out-spoken}。
[2]They like to play the field.他们不喜欢做出承诺。Field的一个意思是阵地。Hold the field就是"守住阵地"那play the field就是"不对….做出承诺"。那种不喜欢承诺的人叫field-player.
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思
[ ie:What does "***"mean?"***"是什么意思?]
sugar daddy sugar mommy womanizer modelizer gold digger
注:书中对话仅作参考,重要的是拿起电话,就自己喜欢的内容与老外反复练习。轻易不出口,出口必砸人。
|