A. gave B. save C. hat D. made
A. production B. persuade C. sugar D. stupid
A. cigarette B. vegetable C. message D. passenger
A. hospital B. comfort C. fond D. introduce
A. rough B. pillow C. roof D. pause
A. cushion B. excellent C. delicious D. chimney
例：We ________ last night, but we went to the concert instead.
A. must have studied B. might study
C. should have studied D. would study
6. - Do you want tea or coffee?
- ________. I really don't mind.
A. Both B. None C. Either D. Neither
7. - I believe we've met somewhere before.
- No, ________.
A. it isn't the same B. it can't be true
C. I don't think so D. I'd rather not
8. Summers in ________ south of France are for ________ most part dry and sunny.
A.不填; a B. the;不填 C.不填;不填 D. the; the
9. Old McDonald gave up smoking for a while, but soon ________ to his old ways.
A. returned B. returns C. was returning D. had returned
10. The result of the experiment was very good, ________ we hadn't expected.
A. when B. that C. which D. what
11. - It's a good idea. But who's going to ________ the plan?
- I think Tom and Greg will.
A. set aside B. carry out C. take in D. get through
12. - I just heard that the tickets for tonight's show have been sold out.
A. I was looking forward to that B. It doesn't matter
C. I knew it already D. It's not at all interesting
13. The changes in the city will cost quite a lot, ________they will save us money in the long run.
A. or B. since C. for D. but
14. - You're drinking too much.
- Only at home. No one ________ me but you.
A. is seeing B. had seen C. sees D. saw
15. The picture ________ on the wall is painted by my nephew.
A. having hung B. hanging C. hangs D. being hung
16. It was an exciting moment for these football fans this year, ________ for the first time in years their team won the World Cup.
A. that B. while C. which D. when
17. ________ the general state of his health, it may take him a while to recover from the operation.
A. Given B. To give C. Giving D. Having given
18. Nick is looking for another job because he feels that nothing he does ________ his boss.
A. serves B. satisfies C. promises D. supports
19. All the preparations for the task ________ , and we're ready to start.
A. completed B. complete
C. had been completed D. have been completed
20. Sorry I'm late. I ________ have turned off the alarm clock and gone back to sleep again.
A. might B. should C. can D. will
21. One of the sides of the board should be painted yellow, and ________.
A. the other is white B. another white
C. the other white D. another is white
22. I finally got the job I dreamed about. Never in all my life ________ so happy!
A. did I feel B. I felt C. I had felt D. had I felt
23. ________ some of this juice - perhaps you'll like it.
A. Trying B. Try C. To try D. Have tried
24. John may phone tonight. I don't want to go out ________ he phones.
A. as long as B. in order that C. in case D. so that
25. These wild flowers are so special I would do ________ I can to save them.
A. whatever B. that C. which D. whichever