首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《魔法英语》课文译注 > 第四十三课:威尼斯商人

第四十三课:威尼斯商人
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/10/17 12:22  新浪教育

 

  课文翻译

  1. Reading comprehension阅读理解………………

 

  THE MERCHANT OF VENICE (2)

 

  威尼斯商人(二)

  (Shylock advances towards Antonio and prepares to use his knife. )

  (夏洛克向安东尼奥走去,准备动刀了。)

  P:Wait!There is something else. Antonio has promised to give you

  鲍西娅:且慢!事情还没完。安东尼奥许诺给你

  a pound of his flesh. But he has not promised to give you any of his

  他身上的一磅肉,但是他并没有答应给你他身上的任何

  blood. If you let one drop of his blood fall, you will lose all your

  一滴血。要是你让他身上的血流下一滴,你将失去你

  land and all your money.

  所有的土地和财产。

  S:Is that the law?

  夏洛克:法律上是这样说的吗?

  P: That is the law. You wanted justice, so you shall get justice, more

  鲍西娅:这就是法律。你要求公正,那么就让你得到公正吧,

  than you wanted.

  比你要求的还要多。

  S:I will take the money. Give me three times more than Antonio bor-

  夏洛克:我愿意要钱。请给我加三倍还我安东尼奥向

  rowed from me.

  我借的钱。

  B:Here it is. (He cries out, full of joy. )

  巴萨尼奥:钱在这儿。(他满怀喜悦地喊了出来。)

  P:Wait!Shylock would not take the money earlier. All he wanted was

  鲍西娅:别忙!夏洛克先前已经拒绝要钱。他所要求的

  right to be done. That is all he can have now. You must cut off one

  只是公正。这是他现在所能得到的一切。你必须割下

  pound of flesh, no more, no less. And not one drop of blood must fall.

  一磅肉,不准多也不准少。而且不准流一滴血。

  (Shylock truns and starts to leave the court. )

  (夏洛克转过身,要离开法庭。)

  P:Wait, Shylock. The law of Venice says that if anyone tries to kill or

  鲍西娅:等一等,夏洛克。威尼斯的法律规定任何企图杀害

  murder any citizen of Venice, everything that he owns shall be taken

  或谋害任何威尼斯公民的人,他所有的一切

  away from him. One half of his money and his goods shall be given

  必须被没收。他的钱和财产的一半

  to the city of Venice and the other half shall be given to the person

  必须给威尼斯城,另一半必须给他企图

  he has tried to kill. His life shall be at the mercy of the Duke.

  杀害的人。他的生命全凭公爵处置。

  Therefore, go down on your knees and beg the Duke for mercy.

  因此你快快跪下请求公爵开恩吧。

  S:Good sir, I beg for mercy and beg your pardon.

  夏洛克:仁慈的先生,我乞求你的饶恕和原谅。

  D:I shall not have you killed. But as your punishment, half of your money

  公爵:我将不处死你,但是作为对你的惩罚,你的财产的

  is now Antonio's. You must give the other half to the city of Venice.

  一半现在是安东尼奥的了。你必须把另一半交给威尼斯城。

  S:Take my life too!My money and goods are as dear to me as life itself.

  夏洛克:把我的命也拿走吧!我的钱财对我就像生命一样珍贵。

  They are my only comfort. When you take those away from me,

  它们是我惟一的安慰。你们没收了我的财物,也就是

  you also take my life.

  要了我的命。

  A:I shall be happy to give up my part of Shylock's money. Shylock

  安东尼奥:我将高兴地放弃我应得的夏洛克财产的那一半。夏洛克

  must promise to leave the money upon his death to his

  daughter必须答应在他死后把这笔财产留给他的女儿

  and her husband.

  和女婿。

  S:I promise. Let me go home now. I am not well.

  夏洛克:我答应。现在让我回家吧。我不舒服。

第四十三课:威尼斯商人

 

  重点·难点·考点及疑点注释

  1. shall

  主要用作助动词。用于第一人称,表示将来时,用于第二、三人称,表示警告,允诺,命令,决心,强制等。这时shall起情态动词的作用。

  We shall start for Beijing tomorrow.我们明天动身去北京。

  You shall okey the rules.你要遵守规则。

  2more than多于;不仅仅是

  John is more than my teacher, but also my friend.

  约翰不仅仅是我的老师,还是我的朋友。

  3at the mercy of任由……摆布;在……的掌握(支配)中;听凭……处理

  The dog's life is at the mercy of its master.

  狗的生命在他的主人掌握之中。

  4go down on one's knees跪下;屈膝

  They'll never go down on their knees before the oppressors.

  他们绝不向压迫者屈膝。

  短语链接:go down on one knee单膝下跪

  5beg for乞求;恳求

  I beg for your kind help.我恳求你的大力援助。

  6sth. is as dear as...……和……一样珍贵

  Love is as dear as life.爱情就像生命一样珍贵。

  7comfort舒服,舒适,满足,安慰

  It is a word of comfort to a dying man.这是对临死的人说的安慰话。

  短语链接:find comfort in...从……中得到安慰;give comfort to...

  安慰……;be a comfort to sb.对某人是一种安慰;comfort sb.安慰某人;in comfort舒适地




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽