http://www.sina.com.cn 2007年12月23日 13:20
1. (A) Raising efficiency
2. (B) Cut energy consumption
3. (C) get rid of air-conditioners
4. (D) A small proportion
5. (D) providing subsidies
6. (A) recycling heat and energy
7. (D) we choose the most efficient models of refrigerators and other white goods
8. annual utility-bill savings
10. market itself
47. role models
48. climb the corporate ladders
49. taken seriously
50. from a home office
52. (C) one’s occupation affects the way one is treated as a person
53. (A) Some customers simply
54. (D) She found it natural for professionals to treat her as inferior.
55. (B) Those working in the service industry shouldn’t be treated as servants
56. (A) see what kind of person they are
57. (C) The inequality in the distribution of wealth
58. (D) The majority of Americans benefit little from the nation’s growing wealth
59. (B) the very rich are politically sensitive
60. (C) They want to gain support for global economic integration
61. (D) Foreign countries will place the same economic barriers in return
11 C Compromise with his colleague.
12 B Nancy regrets buying the dress.
13 A Wash the dishes.
14 C She is eager is share news with the woman.
15 B A mechanic.
16 D There isn’t much business downtown now.
17 B The lounge is not a place for him to study in.
18 C To prevent mosquito bites.
19 A in a studio.
20 B To stay there for half a year.
21 A Designing a fashion items for several companies.
22 B It has become much more competitive.
23 D It enables her to understand people better.
24 B Positively.
25 C It vanishes the moment she steps into her role.
26 D To set up an express train network throughout Europe.
27 C Traveling time by train between major European cites will be cut by half.
28 D Traveling by train may be as quick as, or even quicker then by air.
29 A In 1981.
30 C The mind and body should be taken as an integral whole.
31 D A patient’s expectations of a drug have an effect on their recovery.
32 B The workings of the mind may help patients recover.
33 A Enjoying strong feelings and emotions.
34 D Doing daily routines.
35 B A psychologist.
44 the instructor's talking about road construction in ancient Rome, and nothing could be more boring.
45 Your blank expression, and the faraway look in your eyes are the cues that betray you inattentiveness.
46 they automatically start daydreaming when a speaker begins talking on something complex or uninteresting.