首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《魔法英语》课文译注 > 第四十课:来自瑞典的摇滚乐队(4)

第四十课:来自瑞典的摇滚乐队(4)
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/11/01 17:39  新上海人

 

 课文翻译

  3Read阅读………………………………

  Elsa, from the Swedish rock band, writes about her father.

  艾尔莎,瑞典摇滚乐队的歌手,所写的关于她父亲的情况。

MY FATHER

我的父亲

  My father was born in Stockholm in 1948. He lived there for eighteen years.

  我的父亲1948年出生在斯德哥尔摩。他在那儿住了十八个年头。

  My grandfather worked in a big car factory, and my grandmother was a nurse

  我的祖父在一家大汽车厂工作,我的祖母是医院的护士。

  at a hospital. My father had a sister, so there were four people in his family.

  我父亲有个妹妹,所以他家里有四口人。

  My father was good at languages, but he wasn't very good at maths or

  我的父亲善于学习语言,但数学和自然科学学得

  science. He liked sports very much, and his favourite sport was football. In

  不怎么好。他非常喜欢运动,他最喜欢的运动是足球。

  1958, when he was ten years old, the Football World Cup was in Sweden.

  1958年,他十岁的时候,世界杯足球赛在瑞典举行。

  There were lots of football matches in Stockholm. My father went to see many

  斯德哥尔摩举行了多场比赛。我父亲去看许多场

  of them.

  比赛。

  When he was fifteen, my father started to play for the Stockholm children's

  十五岁时,我父亲开始为斯德哥尔摩儿童

  football team. In 1966, he went to play for Liverpool—a famous English team.

  队踢球。1996年,他去为利物浦队——一支著名的英国队打球。

  He met my mother in Liverpool, and they got married in 1967.

  他在那儿遇见了我母亲,他们于1967年结婚。

  I was born in Liverpool on February 12, 1974. When I was very young,

  我1974年2月12日出生在利物浦。我很小的时候,

  there was a very famous rock band in Liverpool. They were called The Beatles.

  利物浦有一个非常著名的摇滚乐队。他们被称为“甲壳虫乐队”。

  My father and mother liked The Beatles very much, and we often listened to

  我的父母非常喜欢“甲壳虫乐队”。我们常常

  their music at home.

  在家听他们的音乐。

  In 1996, I met Erik and Max, and we started our band. My father said,

  1996年,我遇见埃里克和马科斯,我们开始组建我们的乐队。我父亲说:

  “Your band is very good,but The Beatles were better than you!”

  “你们的乐队很好,但是过去‘甲壳虫乐队’比你们更好!”

  5Rhyme小诗………………………………

FRIENDSHIP

友谊

  I met a good friend,

  我遇到一个好朋友,

  Who came from another land.

  他来自另一个国度。

  I couldn't speak his language,

  我不会讲他的语言,

  But I took him by the hand.

  但我牵住他的手。

  We sang together

  我们一起唱歌,

  And had a lot of fun!

  无比开心。

  Sing is a language,

  歌声是一种语言,

  You can speak with anyone.

  凭它能和任何人交流。

第四十课:来自瑞典的摇滚乐队(4)

 

 重点·难点·考点及疑点注释

  1My father was good at languages, but he wasn't very good at maths or science.

  同一个谓语用来否定两个或两个以上的并列成分时,一般不能用and来连接它们,而要用or。例如:

  He can't read or write.他不会读,不会写。

  They don't have water or food.他们既没有水,也没有食物。

  2He met my mother in Liverpool, and they got married in 1967.

  marry是“结婚,娶,嫁”的意思。要注意的是,一些同学受汉语的影响,在表示“嫁给”时,可能会在marry后面加上一个to或with,这是错误的。试比较:

  He married Mary last spring.他在去年春天娶了玛丽。

  Mary married him last spring.玛丽在去年春天嫁给了他。

  get married也是“结婚”的意思。这个短语中的married是一个形容词,它常和be或get

  连用,表示“结婚”这种状态。由于中西文化背景的不同,如果我们用汉语的思维方式来使用

  marry,就有可能出错。试比较:

  你结婚了吗?

  Do you marry?(误)

  Are you married?(正)

  你在哪儿结的婚?

  Where did you marry?(误)

  Where did you get married?(正)




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽