首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《掌握英语口语》 > Unit 12 Telephone 电话用语

Unit 12 Telephone 电话用语
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/11/14 23:45  中图读者俱乐部

 

 1 Dialogue

  露西明天要去拜访简,于是提前给她打电话,问是否方便,简很高兴露西明天能来,还答应教露西的妹妹烤蛋糕,最后还邀请她们一起吃晚饭。看来,明天晚上,她们将会有一个很愉快的晚餐。

  A: Hello. Is this the Green residence?

  喂。这是格林公馆吗?

  B: Yes, this is Mrs. Green speaking.

  是的,我是格林太太。

  A: Oh, hello, Jane. This is Lucy.

  哦,哈罗,简。我是露西。

  B: Hello, Lucy. How are you?

  哈罗,露西。你好吗?

  A: Quite well, thank you. I called to ask whether it would be all right for me to visit you tomorrow.

  很好,谢谢你。我打电话来问明天拜访你是否适合。

  B: Why, certainly. What time will you be coming?

  当然可以。你什么时候会来?

  A: Will four o’clock be convenient for you?

  四点钟时你方便吗?

  B: Yes, I’ll be in all afternoon.

  方便,我整个下午都在。

  A: I wonder if you’d mind if I brought my kind sister along. You see, shes staying with us for a few days.

  不知道你介不介意,我带我的小妹一块儿去。你知道,她这几天要跟我们在一块儿。

  B: Why, of course not. I’d love to meet her.

  当然不介意。我喜欢见到她。

  A: And I’d like to ask another favor of you, if I may.

  如果可以,我想还要请你帮个忙。

  B: Yes, what is it?

  好的,是什么呢?

  A: You see, my sister is quite interested in cooking and I wondered if you’d mind giving her some of your recipes.

  你知道,我的妹妹对烹饪很有兴趣,不知你是否愿意教她一点烹饪方法。

  B: Why, not at all. Is she interested in anything particular?

  当然可以。她对什么事特别感兴趣吗?

  A: Well, she’s interested in baking bread and cakes just at the moment. You see, she has a new oven.

  噢,现在她对烤面包和蛋糕有兴趣。你知道,她有一台新的烤箱。

  B: If you have the time, why don’t you stay for dinner? I could show her how to bake a cake.

  如果你有时间,为什么不留下来吃晚餐呢?我可以教她如何烤蛋糕。

  A: But wouldn’t that be putting you to too much trouble?

  但是那不会带给你太多的麻烦吗?

  B: Not at all. You know how I like to cook. I think it will be fun.

  一点也不会。你知道我是多么喜欢烹饪。我认为会很有趣的。

  A: Thank you so much,Jane. We’ll be there.

  太谢谢你了,简。我们会去的。

  B: Fine. Goodbye, Lucy.

  很好。再见,露西。

  A: Goodbye, Jane.

  再见,简。

 

 2 精彩脱口秀--打电话

  电话是人类迄今发明的最重要的通讯手段。打电话已成为我们日常生活中不可缺少的一部分,电话的用途也越来越多,学会正确地、恰当地使用电话是必需的。

  ●May I have Rose Hotel?请给我接玫瑰饭店好吗?

  ●I’d like the number for Mary.我想要玛丽的电话号码。

  ●Operator, I was cut off.接线员,我的电话断了。

  ●Hello, I’d like to speak to Mr. Reynolds.哈罗!我要找雷诺先生。

  ●May I help you? Bank of China.有什么需要我为您服务的吗?这里是中国银行。

  ●I’m afraid you have the wrong number.你拨错电话号码了。

  ●This call is collect.电话费由对方付。

  ●Want me to take a message?要我传个口信吗?

  ●Oh, damn! The phone is dead again!唉,该死的!电话又不通了!

  ●The line’s still busy!电话还在占线。

  ●I finally got through.终于打通了。

  ●Let me try again.再试试看。

  ●Oh, there’s the phone, what should I say?哦,有电话。我说什么好呢?

  ●That’s me.我就是。

  ●Who is this?你是哪位?

  ●Nobody here by that name.这儿没有这个人。

  ●I’ll just call back.我再打吧。

  ●Some people called.有几个电话找你。

  ●Don’t put any calls through to me.我不接电话。

  ●Any phone call for me?有没有人打电话?

  ●What’s on your mind special?有什么特别的事吗?




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽