首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《掌握英语口语》 > Unit 15 Taking Friends to the Movies 邀请朋友看电影

Unit 15 Taking Friends to the Movies 邀请朋友看电影
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/11/14 23:49  中图读者俱乐部

 

 1 Dialogue

  露西来拜访玛丽,玛丽非常高兴,留露西吃晚饭,还请她看电影,露西真幸福!

  A: Oh, hello, Mary. How nice of you to drop in!

  哦,嗨,玛丽,你来真好!

  B: Hello, Lucy. I hadn’t seen you for such a long time that I thought I’d just drop in for a little chat.

  嗨,露西,我好久没看到你了,所以想来聊聊天。

  A: I’m so glad you did. By the way, you can stay for dinner, can’t you?

  你来聊天我真高兴。顺便一提,你可以留下来吃晚饭,不是吗?

  B: But it would be so much bother for you.

  不过这会太麻烦你了。

  A: Indeed not. Not bother at all.

  真的不会,一点也不麻烦。

  B: How about going to the movies after dinner? I’ll treat.

  晚饭后去看电影如何?我请客。

  A: That’s a good idea, but we’ll make Fred pay. You know he just got his bonus.

  这是个好主意,不过我们让弗雷德付钱。你知道他刚拿到了红利。

  B: As a matter of fact I just got mine. That’s why I wanted to treat you two.

  实际上我刚拿到了我的(红利)。这就是我要请你们两位的原因。

  A: Well, I guess I’m the only one that isn’t qualified to pay for the movies.

  嗯,我想我是惟一没有资格付钱的人。

  B: How right you are!

  你说得对极了!

  A: By the way, how is your mother?

  顺便问一下,你的母亲好吗?

  B: Oh, she’s quite well. She’s staying at my uncle’s place for a few days. That’s why I don’t have to be home for dinner.

  哦,她相当好,她在我叔叔家住几天。这就是我不必回家吃晚餐的原因。

  A: How nice. Will you excuse me a minute? I’ll call Fred.

  真好。我离开一会儿好吗?我打个电话给弗雷德。

  B: Fred won’t be late, will he?

  弗雷德不会晚回来,是吗?

  A: No, he says he’s just leaving the office.

  不会,他说他正要离开办公室。

  B: Can I help you with the dinner?

  我可以帮你做晚饭吗?

  A: Oh, that reminds me. I have the roast in the oven...

  哦,这提醒了我。烤箱里面有烤肉……

  B: It isn’t burned, is it?

  没有烧焦吧,不是吗?

  A: No, thank goodness. It seems to be just right. As a matter of fact you reminded me just in time.

  没有,感激上帝。看起来似乎刚刚好,实际上,你提醒得正是时候。

  B: Do you mind of I play a record on the stereo?

  我在立体音箱上放张唱片,你不介意吧?

  A: Of course not. Go right ahead.

  当然不会,请放。

 

 2 精彩脱口秀--看电影

  电影已经成为人们百谈不厌的话题,它丰富了我们的业余生活,人人都可以对电影发表自己的意见,或喜欢或讨厌,或褒或贬,大家一起看场电影不但可以充实我们的生活,还可以增进我们之间的感情。

  ●Have you seen any good movies lately?最近你看了什么好电影了吗?

  ●Who’s your favorite actor?你喜欢的演员是谁?

  ●Hero is showing in Beijing.北京正上映《英雄》。

  ●I’d like to cancel my reservation.我想取消预约。

  ●He’s a great actor.他是一位相当不错的演员。

  ●It was so crowded, there wasn’t even standing room.挤得几乎没有站立的地方。

  ●They’re got Titanic on.正上演《泰坦尼克号》。

  ●The story is very exciting and full of suspense.情节紧张,充满悬念。

  ●What’s the story about?电影里讲述了什么故事?

  ●Don’t miss it.别错过这个机会。

  ●What’s playing now?正在上演什么片子?

  ●When is the next showing?下一场是几点开始?

  ●Two tickers for Gone with the Wind.要两张《飘》。

  ●I’d like a large popcorn with butter.我要一大盒奶油爆玉米花。

  ●Excuse me. Is this seat taken?对不起,这位子有人坐吗?




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽