首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《掌握英语口语》 > Unit 19 Applied Conversation 探望生病的朋友

Unit 19 Applied Conversation 探望生病的朋友
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/11/14 23:53  中图读者俱乐部

 

 1 Dialogue

  蒂娜听说好友卡罗琳发生了意外,立即来到医院看望她。在医院里,蒂娜了解了卡罗琳的事,并告诉了她一些关于查理的事。

  A: Hello, Caroline. How are you feeling?

  嗨,卡罗琳,你现在觉得怎么样?

  B: Much better, Tina. Thanks for coming to see me.

  好多了,蒂娜,谢谢你来看我。

  A: It was such a shock to hear that you were in an accident. How did it happen?

  听到你出了意外,真是很大的震惊。是怎么发生的?

  B: It all happened so quickly that I really don’t know who was in the wrong.

  发生得太快了,以致于我真的不知道谁不对。

  A: Were you driving the car?

  是你开车吗?

  B: No, Fred was driving. We were just passing a side street when a boy on a bicycle came out. Fred swung the wheel around to avoid hitting him. We missed the boy on the bicycle but hit another car that was trying to pass us.

  不,是弗雷德开车,当一个骑脚踏车的男孩出现时,我们正要过一个巷道。弗雷德掉转方向盘避免撞到他。我们闪过了骑脚踏车的男孩,可是撞到了另外一辆想超我们车的车子。

  A: Then it wasn’t Fred’s fault at all, was it?

  那么,一点都不是弗雷德的错了,不是吗?

  B: No, I don’t suppose it was. But the man in the other car was awfully angry.

  是的,我想一点也不是。不过,另一辆车里的男人非常生气。

  A: But he’s as much to blame because he tried to pass you. Was he hurt?

  不过,他同样应负责任,因为他想超车,他受伤了吗?

  B: No, I was the only one that was hurt.

  不,我是惟一受伤的人。

  A: It’s a shame. Does your arm hurt very much?

  真是遗憾,你的手臂很痛吗?

  B: Not any more.

  不再痛了。

  A: Did you break it?

  你的手臂断了吗?

  B: No. The doctor says the bone isn’t broken. I think it should be all right in a few days.

  没有,医生说骨头没断。我想两三天后应该会好。

  A: You were lucky, weren’t you?

  你很幸运,不是吗?

  B: I should say so. I was wearing a heavy coat. I think that saved me fromshavingsa broken arm.

  我应该这么说。我穿着一件很厚重的大衣。我想这救了我,使我免于断一双手臂。

  A: Well, take care of yourself. I’ll drop in again later this afternoon.

  嗯,请保重自己。稍后今天下午,我会再来看你。

  B: Thanks, Tina. And say hello to the others for me.

  谢谢你,蒂娜,替我向其他人问候。

  A: Yes, I will. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. Charles left Beijing this morning for a trip and he asked me to give you his best.

  是的,我会的。哦,我几乎忘了告诉你。查理今天早上离开北京去度假了,他要我代他向你问候。

  B: Thanks. But what made him think of making a trip now? I know hes broke.

  谢谢,不过,他怎么会想现在去旅行呢?我知道他破产了。

  A: I don’t know the reason. Probably nobody knows except Charles himself. Anyway he says he’ll be back early next month.

  我不知道原因。也许除了查理本人之外,没有人知道。无论如何,他说下个月初,他会回来。

  B: I’ll be looking forward to his return. He owes me some money.

  我盼望他回来。他欠我一些钱。

  A: Well, I think I’d better be leaving now. Goodbye, Caroline.

  嗯,我想我最好是现在就离开。卡罗琳,再见。

  B: Goodbye, Tina. Thanks again for coming to see me.

  再见,蒂娜,再次谢谢你来看我。

 

 2 精彩脱口秀--探望生病的朋友

  人吃五谷杂粮,岂有不生病之理。因此,人生在世,就免不了患个伤风感冒或有个小磕小碰的,朋友之间免不了要询问一下对方,以示关心。看望病人,主要就是安慰病人,安慰的技巧是在人与人之间互相交往、互相关心中逐步获得的。它不仅可以平复病人的心灵创伤,还可以增加人与人之间的感情。

  ●How’s it going.感觉如何。

  ●Not so good, my head is going round.不怎么好,头还是晕晕的。

  ●She’s still pretty sick.她病得不轻。

  ●I really fell terrible.我的确觉得极其难受。

  ●My whole body feels weak.我觉得浑身虚弱无力。

  ●I have a splitting headache.我头痛得像要裂开了。

  ●No trouble at all. Just hope you get well quick.没有什么问题,希望你早日康复。

  ●You look like a wreck!你看起来脸色不好!

  ●He’s turned the corner.他已经渡过危险期了。

  ●Good to see he’s out and about again!看到他活蹦乱跳的样子真是高兴!

  ●It’s this cold! I just can’t seem to shake it off!是这可恶的感冒,我看起来好不了了!

  ●Not so bad-alive and well!还行吧--健健康康的!

  ●I feel dizzy.我觉得头晕。

  ●Is there a good doctor around here?这附近有好医生吗?

  ●My nose is raw from blowing it so much.我因擤鼻涕而鼻子直发痛。

  ●Hm, hmhm. Something’s wrong with my throat.哼,哼,我喉咙有些不对。

  ●Vh-oh, I feel a little feverish. I’ll take my temperature.哦,我感觉有点发烧。来量个体温看看。

  ●My stomach is empty but I have no appetite.我胃空空的,却没有食欲。

  ●Oh, dear! I’ve been forgetting to take my medicine.哦,糟了,我忘记吃药了。




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽