首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 通行币 天气 答疑 交友 导航

新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《SPEAK TO ME》杂志 > 正文

Friendly Advice 好友的建议

http://www.sina.com.cn 2004/05/14 15:27  视听英语Ladder AI杂志

  Joel and Sharon are friends. Joel suspects that Sharon might be depressed. Listen as he suggests ways for Sharon to feel better while trying to avoid causing her embarrassment.

  乔尔和莎朗是朋友。乔尔以为莎朗可能有什么事不开心。听听他如何对莎朗提出改善心情的建议,同时避免让她觉得不好意思。

  Joel: Any plans for tomorrow Sharon?

  乔尔:明天有什么计划吗?莎朗。

  Sharon: I’ll probably just sleep.

  莎朗:我可能就是睡觉吧。

  Joel: They say it’s going to be a beautiful, sunny day!

  乔尔:他们说明天天气会很好,是个晴天!

  Sharon: I’m dead tired. I’m looking forward to staying in bed.

  莎朗:我累死了。我很想赖在床上。

  Joel: Sometimes when I’m feeling run down, a little sunlight goes a long way.

  乔尔:有时当我觉得很累的时候,一点点阳光就会有很大的帮助。

  Sharon: I guess you’re right. But, where would I go? It’s my one day off and I don’t want to just walk around with nothing to do.

  莎朗:我想你说得对。但是我能去哪儿?我有一天的假,而我不想无所事事地到处闲逛。

  Joel: Well, you like nature, right? How about taking a walk down by the river? You’d be surprised how many different birds and animals you can see there.

  乔尔:嗯,你喜欢大自然,对吧?到河边散步怎么样?你会很惊讶竟然能在那里看到那么多种鸟类和动物。

  Sharon: I think I’d get bored.

  莎朗:我想我会觉得无聊。

  Joel: Then pick a place to go, and instead of driving, you can walk there.

  乔尔:那就找个地方去吧,你可以走路去,不要开车。

  Sharon: I had been meaning to go to the art museum….

  莎朗:我一直想去美术馆……

  Joel: So why not go tomorrow? Also, eating a balanced diet can really make a difference.

  乔尔:何不明天就去呢?还有,饮食均衡也会有很大的影响。

  Sharon: What do you mean?

  莎朗:你是什么意思?

  Joel: Vitamins, you know? We get vitamins from food like fruit and vegetables. Even sunlight is a source of vitamins.

  乔尔:维他命,你知道吗?我们从水果和蔬菜之类的食物中摄取维他命。就连阳光都是一种维他命的来源。

  Sharon: I’m happy with my coffee and hamburgers. I don’t have the energy to prepare salads and peel all that fruit.

  莎朗:我喜欢咖啡和汉堡。我没精力去准备沙拉和削水果皮。

  Joel: Why not start out by eating an orange or a banana with your breakfast? I’m sure you have enough energy to peel one orange!

  乔尔:何不从早餐吃一个橘子或香蕉做起?我相信你有足够的精力去剥一个橘子。

  Sharon: I think I can manage that.

  莎朗:我想这个我可以做得到。

  Joel: Let’s open up these windows too. It’s so stuffy in here. No wonder you’re tired.

  乔尔:让我们也把这些窗户打开吧。这里面很闷。难怪你会觉得累。

  Sharon: You know, I feel more awake already.

  莎朗:你知道,我已经觉得清醒多了。

  Joel: I’ll let you in on a secret. If you go outside for a walk in the sun, breathe fresh air and eat some fruits and vegetables, I guarantee that you’ll have enough energy to prepare a salad and then some.

  乔尔:我告诉你一个秘密。如果你到外面的阳光下走一走,呼吸一下新鲜空气,吃点蔬菜和水果,我保证你会有足够的精力去做沙拉,而且还能做其他事。

  Sharon: Maybe I’ll try that. But what if it doesn’t work?

  莎朗:也许我会试试。但如果没有用怎么办?

  Joel: Then, at least you’ll have leftover salad and I’ll help you eat it.

  乔尔:那到时候,至少你会有剩下的沙拉,然后我会帮你吃。




评论】 【推荐】 【 】 【打印】 【关闭

    




新 闻 查 询
关键词一
关键词二


search 小灵通 儿童用品 香水
 
热 点 专 题
韩法院驳回总统弹劾案
温家宝总理出访欧洲
美英军队虐待伊战俘
我国成功控制今春非典
台湾“大选”验票
影星牛振华遇车祸身亡
第57届戛纳国际电影节
中国羽毛球队战汤尤杯
中超首轮周末激情揭幕

   



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2004 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽