首页 > 新浪教育 > 洋话连篇 > 正文
老外写字左右手
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/09/01 12:08  洋话连篇

  A:Why do lots of foreigners write with their left hand?

  为什么好多老外们用左手写字?

  B:I don’t know. I’m a lefty too.

  不知道,我也是左撇子。

  A:Then why do yu write with your left hand? Isn’t it better to use your right hand?

  那你为什么用左手?用右手不是更好吗?

  B:It doesn’t make any difference. Left-handed or right-handed. They’re all the same.

  没什么分别。左手右手都一样。

  A:When I was young,I could use both my hands well. But my mom told me to use my right hand. So now, like most Chinese people, I’m right-handed.

  我小的时候,我两只手都能用,可我妈妈告诉我用右手。所以现在,和大多数中国人一样,我用右手。

  B:My mom never said that. This is my own business.

  我妈妈可从未那么说过。那是我自己的事儿。

  A:Well, does that make any inconvenient moments?

  会不会觉得什么不方便的?

  B:Nope.

  不会

  A:What if when you drive?

  那你开车时呢?

  B:I don’t drive, Marco. My friends can often offer me a ride.

  我不会开车。我的朋友们经常会送我。

  A:And did you notice when foreigners write something, they prefer captital letters?

  你注意到没有好多老外们写字的时候喜欢用大写字母?

  B:Actually,most foreigners don’t write unless necessary. If we write something, essays, novels,whatever. We would do it on computers.

  其实,大部分的老外除非必要,一般不会写字的。如果要写的话,象论文,小说,我们一般在电脑上写。

  A:What about when you do your homework?

  那你们写作业的时候呢?

  B:We do that on computers too. I have never written anything before I came to China. I mean I would work on a computer. You know,doing my homework, writing essays, sending e-mails, that stuff.

  也在电脑上,我来中国前从未“写”过什么东西。我是说我会在电脑上写,你也知道的。作业啊,毕业论文啊,电子邮件啊,那种东西。

  A:That’s why your handwriting sucks.

  所以你的书法才那么差。

  B:I never said they’re good.

  我从来都没说过它们好。

  Attention Please…特别提醒

  [你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

  Attention Please…特别提醒

  [1] It doesn’t make any difference.那没什么分别。当有人问你“喜欢喝纯净水还是矿泉水”或是“你是早上锻炼还是晚上锻炼”时。就用这个句子反问他们好了。Does it make any difference?有什么分别吗?

  [2] This is my own business.这是我自己的事儿. Business除了有生意的意思之外,还可以表示“某人自己的事儿”。如果你不小心问到老外们的隐私时,他们就可能直接告诉你“None of your business.”与你和干。

  Related Words…相关词汇

  以下这些词并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思

  [ ie:What does“***”mean?“***”是什么意思?]

  It doesn’t make any sense. Mind your own business. Calligraphy left/right-hander

  注:书中对话仅作参考,重要的是拿起电话,就自己喜欢的内容与老外反复练习。轻易不出口,出口必砸人。

英语学习论坛

 相关链接
  • 心理测试很好玩 (2003/08/29/ 13:34)
  • 爱情到底是什么 (2003/08/28/ 15:54)
  • 有失有得有因由 (2003/08/27/ 15:51)
  • 同桌的你可好吗 (2003/08/26/ 13:07)
  • 恋爱像风又像雨 (2003/08/25/ 11:48)
  • 文化差异跨国门 (2003/08/22/ 11:48)
  •  洋话连篇专栏



    教育频道意见反馈留言板 电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    Copyright © 1996 - 2004 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

    版权所有 新浪网
    北京市通信公司提供网络带宽