AHello,Drew.So nice to hear your voice again.
Drew。听到你的声音真是太高兴了。
B:What's up?
怎么了?
A:Nothing much.Actually,I have some questions.
没什么,有几个问题要问你。
B:Go straight ahead.
讲吧。
A:Well,you know Feb 14th is a dig day for boys and girls.What do you call that day?Lovers' Day or something?
你知道二月十四号对那些少男少女来说可是个大日子,你们管那天叫什么?是叫爱人节吗?
B:[Chuckles]No no.Jack.We call that Valentine's Day.
[笑]不Jack.。那天叫情人节。
A:What is Valentine?
Valentine是什么?
B:It's a long story.Valentine is a priest.People celebrate that day in memory of him.
这说来可就话长了。Valentine是个牧师,人们庆祝那天是为了纪念他
A:I see.Then what do people do on that day?
我知道了。那天你们都做点儿什么呢?
B:It's not such an important day for westners,On that day,people usually buy some cards for their girl friends or boy friends.Sometimes they go dancing.
情人节不是什么特别重要的节日。那天我们会买卡片,有时也去跳舞。
A:Have you spent a Valentine's Day with your girl friend?
跟你女朋友过过情人节吗?
B:Not yet. I have been in China for just 3 months and it's still summer now.
还没有。我刚来中国三个月,现在还是夏天呢。
A:What are you gonna buy her?
你打算给她买什么?
B:No idea. I'll play it by ear.
不知道,到时候再说吧。
A:Okay,Drew.Thanks for telling me so much today.
谢了Drew
B:Any time.
随时效劳
A:I'll call you if I have other questions
我有问题再给你大电话吧
B:Catchya later.
回见
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音
[1]Valentine's Day就是我们常说的情人节。人们过这个节是为了纪念Valentine牧师。如果把情人节说成Lovers' Day就出笑话了,因为lover是指第三者.那情人节就成了为第三者们准备的节日了。
[2]I'll play it by ear.到时候再说。
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词汇并未给出汉语意思,你可以用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思
[ie:What does "***" mean? "***"是什么意思?]
May you have a long and lasting love Thanks for all the wonderful love that you give me.
注:书中对话仅作参考,重要的是拿起电话,就自己喜欢的内容与老外反复练习。轻易不出口,出口必砸人。
|