首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《掌握英语口语》 > Unit 7 Excuses and Regrets歉意与惋惜

Unit 7 Excuses and Regrets歉意与惋惜
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/11/06 22:48  中图读者俱乐部

 

 1Dialogue

  贝蒂住院了!她的两条腿都断了!唉,贝蒂实在是太可怜了!玛丽直到碰见贝蒂的姐姐南茜才知道这件事。她表示很惋惜,并且不会原谅撞倒贝蒂的那个男孩,他太无礼了!玛丽决定今晚就去看贝蒂,这令一直忙碌着的南茜很高兴。

  A: Hi, Nancy. How's everything?

  嗨,南茜,近来如何?

  B: Not too much, Mary, Betty's in the hospital.

  不怎么的,玛丽,贝蒂住院了。

  A: No! Really? I'm so sorry to hear that. What happened?

  哦不,真的吗?听到这个消息,真是遗憾。发生了什么事?

  B: She was walking home from the bus stop when a car hit her.

  她从公交车站走路回家的时候,有辆车撞到她了。

  A: That's terrible. I hope she wasn't badly hurt.

  真糟糕,希望她没有伤得很重。

  B: Both legs were broken.

  两条腿都断了。

  A: Gosh, that's a shame. You must be busy now.

  唉,太可怜啦!你现在一定很忙。

  B: Yes, Every evening I'm at the hospital. Betty was feeling pretty blue for a while, but she's better now.

  是的,我每天晚上都在医院。有一阵子贝蒂觉得相当沮丧,不过她现在好多了。

  A: I'm glad to hear that. How about the driver?

  听到这个我很高兴。司机怎么样了?

  B: No. He got off without a scratch. To make matters worse, he hasn't even said he's sorry.

  没有,他下了车,连擦伤也没有,更糟的是,他甚至连抱歉都没说。

  A: I would think it would be pretty hard to forgive someone who acts like that.

  我想要原谅做出这种事来的人,是相当困难的。B: His father came to my office and apologized for the boy, but I don't know how the boy feels about it.

  他父亲到我的办公室,为那个男孩道了歉,不过我不知道那个男孩对这个意外的感觉如何。

  A: How long will Betty be in the hospital?

  贝蒂要住院多久?

  B: The doctors say at least a month.

  医生们说至少要一个月。

  A: I'm sorry I didn't contact you. Nancy, maybe I could have helped.

  南茜,抱歉,我没有跟你联络,也许我帮得上忙。

  B: That's OK. I know you've been busy. Why don't you drop by and pay Betty a visit? She would appreciate it.

  没关系,我知道你一向很忙。何不顺路去看看贝蒂,她会很感激的。

  A: I will. I'll see if I can make it this evening.swheresis she?

  我会的,我看看今天晚上是否能去,她在哪里?

  B: Mercy Hospital. Room 218.

  慈恩医院,218号病房。

  A: Thanks, Nancy. Goodbye.

  谢谢,南茜。再见。

  B: So long, Mary.

  再见,玛丽。

 

 2精彩脱口秀--歉意与惋惜

  适时地表达歉意是修补人际关系的重要手段。道歉不仅是为了礼貌的周全,更是为了维持人际关系的和谐。在社会交往中,如果我们给别人造成了麻烦或不方便,我们要及时表示歉意;当听到别人道歉时,我们应该作出积极友善的反应,给予谅解,有时还要勇于承担责任。这不仅是有礼貌、有教养的表现,而且还有助于问题的解决和关系的改善。

  ●Excuse me.对不起(请原谅)。

  ●I beg your pardon.我请求您的原谅。

  ●Forgive me.请原谅。

  ●Oh, my fault.哦,是我的过错。

  ●It was rude of me.我真是失礼。

  ●I just don't know what to say.我真不知该说什么好。

  ●It was most careless of me.我真是非常粗心。

  ●I can't apologize enough.我怎么道歉都不够。

  ●I apologize if I hurt your feelings.如果我伤害了你的感情,我道歉。

  ●Will you accept my apology?你能接受我的道歉吗?

  ●Sorry,we can't help you.抱歉,我们帮不上忙。

  ●I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.抱歉让你等候。

  ●I wish I could help you.希望我能帮得上忙。

  ●I'm sorry it worked out this way.我很抱歉,事情变成这样。

  ●I'm sorry, I didn't mean that.我很抱歉!我不是那个意思。

  ●Oh, my gosh, I'm late, what excuse can I give the clients?哎呀,惨了!迟到了。我能找什么借口对客户说呢?

  ●I apologize. The traffic was bad.我道歉,路况不佳。

  ●It was really quite unintentional.这实在不是有意的。

  ●Forget it.别再提了。

  ●It's really of no importance.这实在不值一提。




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽