|http://www.sina.com.cn 2004/07/13 15:12 英语辅导报|
1.________ 2.________ 3.________
6.A. No, I don't like it. B. Yes, please.
C. Neither, thanks.D. Yes, I like it.
7.A. Yes, she was. B.I taught myself.
C. No, she didn't. D. She taught herself.
8.A. We built it.
B. Americans helped us build it.
C. It was built in Xi'an.
D. It was there.
9.A. That's OK. B. I'm sorry to hear that.
C. You are very kind.
D. Thank you.
10.A. I have gone to Canada.
B.Yes, I have.
C.I went there a moment ago.
D. No, I haven't had.
11.They got there ________.
A.by bus B.by taxi
C.by train D.by car
12.Kate thinks that Miss Gao is________.
A. a good teacher B. a terrible teacher
C. a strange teacher D. a strict teacher
13.Mrs White wants to buy________.
A. a beautiful houseB. a smaller house
C. a small house D. a large house
14.Mrs King wants to know________.
A. if there are enough apples and bananas
B. if there is enough bread and bananas
C. if there is enough tea and apples
D. if there is enough cakes and apples
15.Miss Green means that ________.
A. she'd like to come
B. she knows the way to the river
C. the weather is quite hot
D. the weather is quite cold
16.A. Apples.B. Bananas.
C. Oranges.D. Pears.
17.A. A lot of apples. B. A big apple tree.
C. A young apple tree.
D. An old apple tree.
18.A.In a place where everybody could see it.
B. In a place where nobody could see it.
C. In a place that had a lot of sunlight.
D. In a place where somebody could see it.
19.A. It grew quick.B. It died.
C. The friend took it back.
D. It grew well without sunlight.
20.A. He was very ordinary.
B. He was kind-hearted.
C. He was quite clever.
D. He was very foolish.
21.Did Albin live alone?
22.How often did he go into town?
23.What did he see in the restaurant?
24.What did he do after he left the restaurant?
25.Was he able to read?
1. /k/ A. city B. carry C. pencil D. cinema
2. /e/ A. seat B. great C. bread D. meat
3. /a:/ A. plate B. change C. many D. dance
4. /u:/ A. touch B. round C. through D. grow
5. /iz/ A. leaves B. lives C. knives D. pages
1. I am ______ taller of the two, but Jim is ______ tallest in our class.
A. the; the B. the; / C. /; the D. /; /
2. If you don't go there tomorrow, ______.
A. so do I B. so am I
C. neither will I D. either will I
3. There's little water in the bottle,______?
A. isn't there B. is there
C. isn't it D. is it
4. Li Yong ______ clean the room a moment ago.
A. was seen B. was seen to
C. saw D. was saw
5. I didn't know if he ______ me if he ______ free.
A. would help; would be
B. would help; was
C. helped; would be D. will help; is
6. We have enough room______.
A. living B. to live
C. living in D. to live in
7. The sun ______ in the west.
A. set B. sets
C. sinking D. sank
8. Could you tell me ______?
A. when will she come back
B. where can I get to the bus stop
C. what's wrong with her
D. whose umbrella is it
9. -How long have you ______ China?
-Only one year.
A. been to B. come to
C. gone to D. been in
10. We are thinking of ways ______ the invention______.
A. making; to work
B. to make; to work
C. to make; work D. make; work
11. I asked both Mary and Lucy to my birthday party, but ______ of them can come.
A. both B. all C. neither D. none
12. We'll have a picnic tomorrow ______it rains.
A. if B. when C. unless D. because
13. She stopped ______ a rest after a long walk.
A. has B. have C. to have D. having
14. Maybe we can go scuba diving______.
A. some time B. some times
C. sometime D. sometimes
15. The colour of his socks is different from ______ of mine.
A. one B. that C. it D. this
In the __1__ of 2000, I was travelling in the northwest of India.
One evening in October, after hunting in the forest __2__, I was returning __3__ to __4__ I had __5__ my tent. It was getting dark, and I was hiking along a narrow path. On my right was a wide river; on my left, a dense(茂密的), dark forest. Suddenly I saw two green eyes __6__ me from __7__ the trees. A tiger was getting ready to __8__ me. What could I do? Should I jump into the river and hope to save my life by swimming? I looked to the right. In the river there was a huge crocodile(鳄鱼) waiting to welcome me with its mouth wide open.
I was so __9__ that I shut my eyes. I heard branches moving as the tiger jumped. I opened my eyes. What do you think had happened? I __10__ believe my eyes. The tiger had jumped right over me and was now in the jaws of the crocodile. That's a true story, believe it or not.
1. A. spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter
2. A. all night B. all the night C. all day D. all this day
3. A. along B. alone C. lonely D. long
4. A. what B. which C. that D. where
5. A. put up B. put down C. put into D. put away
6. A. looking at B. looking for C. looking down D. looking after
7. A. in B. among C. on D. through
8. A. look at B. sit at C. jump at D. arrive at
9. A. frighten B. frightens C. frightening D. frightened
10. A. mustn't B. couldn't C. hadn't D. needn't
It's easier to walk downhill than to climb uphill. So it is easier to fall into bad habbits than into good ones. Bad habbits do not form suddenly. They form little by little, so you don't realize their danger. Schoolboys and schoolgirls first pick up little bad habbits at school or on the streets. When they cannot do their homework, they copy from their classmates. If they see bigger boys or girls smoking, they also want to learn to smoke. If they see their friends gambling(赌博), they want to gamble. When they get older, the habbits become stronger and stronger. Then they can no longer give them up. From copying, they learn to steal; from gambling, they learn to cheat. At last, no one believes in them. It is very important to stop bad habbits as soon as they begin!
My son is eight years old. He is now in Grade Three. When he was five, he started school. Every evening we have homework battles. Three afternoons a week he has activities after school. By the time we get home, homework is the last thing he feels like doing. The other two afternoons, he gets home early and we argue about whether he should do his homework straight away, or if he should have some time to rest and play first. When my son finally sits down to do his homework, he seems to want me there helping him all the time. I do want to help him, but I am sure that he can do it by himself. In fact, I often end up telling him the answers to most of his homework. He has fallen into the habbit of relying on(依赖) me to do this. He never wants to use his own brain.
My wife and I have given up all of our outdoor activities. We sit with him when he does his homework. We want to train him to form some good learning habbits.
1. Bad habbits form______.
A. suddenly B. little by little
C. very quickly D. very happily
2. Schoolboys and schoolgirls first pick up little bad habbits______.
B. at school or on the streets
C. in the library
D.at the others' home
3. From gambling, they learn to______.
A. steal B. smoke C. cheat D. fight
4. My son ______.
A. likes doing his homework
B. gets home on time
C. depending on us too much
D. uses his head
5. It is very ______ for a child to form good study habbits.
A. easy B. quick
C. important D. wrong
I was very disappointed(失望) not to be able to go to the jazz concert last Friday. The notice in the paper said that you could buy tickets at the theatre box office in Richland Hills any day between 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Since I work from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the only time I could go to the theatre was during my 45-minute lunch break. Unluckily, the theatre is on the other side of the town, and the bus service(服务) between my office and Richland Hills is not very good. If you are lucky, you can make the round trip in 45 minutes.
Last Monday, I stood at the bus stop for fifteen minutes waiting for the bus. By the time I saw one come around the corner, there was not enough time left to make the trip. I gave up and went back to the office. The same thing happened on Tuesday, and again on Wednesday. On Thursday, my luck changed. I got on a bus right away. When I got there, however, I found a long line of people at the box office. I heard one man say he had been waiting in line for over an hour. I knew I would not have enough time to wait in line. I caught the next bus and went back across the town. By Friday, I decided to make the trip by taxi. It was expensive, but I felt the concert would be worth hearing. The trip by taxi only took 10 minutes, but it felt like an hour to me. When I got to the theatre, I was relieved to see that nobody was waiting in line. The reason, I quickly found out, was that they had already sold all the tickets.
1. The writer learned______that there would be a concert.
A. from his friends
B. from one of his workmates
C. over the radio
D. from the newspaper
2. The writer tried to go to the theatre every day, but was only successful______.
A. twice B. three times
C. four times D. five times
3. If he was lucky, it would only take him ______to make the round trip from his office to the theatre by bus.
A. forty-five minutes B. twenty minutes
C. ten minutes D. fifteen minutes
4. The word "______" can be used instead of the underlined(划线的)word "relieved".
A. nervous B. terrified
C. pleased D. sad
5. The writer mainly talks about how________.
A. he enjoyed himself at the theatre
B. he was angry at having to buy a ticket
C. he had some trouble with the bus service
D. he was sad at missing the concert
The great Italian artist Michelangelo had a hard life when he was young. One day while he and his wife were at a party, one of the older guests asked Michelangelo what he did for a living.
"I'm a painter." Michelangelo answered.
" That's great!" answered the guest. "The walls in my house need painting again. Can you do it for me if I pay you 900 dollars?"
"But you don't understand," said the artist. "I'm a painter. You know, just like the famous Michelangelo."
"What do you mean?"asked the guest.
Michelangelo's wife got in a word(插话). "You said nine hundred dollars?"
"He means," she answered, "that he would like to paint the walls in your house for you."
1. Michelangelo came from ______ .
A. Italy B. America
C. England D. Canada
2. Michelangelo had a ______ life when he was young.
A. easy B. hard C. happy D. great
3. Michelangelo made a living by______.
A. writing B. singing
C. painting D. dancing
4. Did the guest know Michelangelo well?
A. Yes, he did. B. Yes, he knew.
C. No, he wasn't. D. No, he didn't.
5. Why did Michelangelo's wife want him to paint the walls for the guest?
A.They needed the money.
B. She wanted Michelangelo to be famous.
C. The guest was a very important person.
D. The guest was more famous than Michelangelo.
1. He said he ______(stay) at home if it ______(snow) the next day.
2. Two of the players ______(fall) as they tried ______(catch) the ball.
3. If it ______ (not rain) tomorrow, we ______(help) the farmers pick apples.
4. He ______(visit) many foreign countries and ______(learn) several foreign languages since 1991.
5. Please ______(stop, talk) and ______ (read) the book.
6. At six last night all the lights______ (turn) off and the film______(begin).
7. I ______(not finish) the story-book yet, but it's time ______(give) it back.
8. Nearly everybody here______(know) when the old museum ______(build).
9. There ______(not be) any Chinese lessons tomorrow because the teacher ______(go) to Beijing for a meeting two hours ago.
10. Allan ______(not pass) last week's exam, so he ______(study) even harder now.
1. Li Lei has to finish his homework before supper.(改为一般疑问句)
______Li Lei ______ to finish his homework before supper?
2. Mary liked swimming in the river.(改为否定句)
Mary______ ______ swimming in the river.
3. There were hardly any trees there.(改为反意疑问句)
There were hardly any trees there,______ ______?
4. His uncle no longer works here.(改写句子，使句意不变)
His uncle ______ work here ______longer.
5. The students must hand in the papers before class.(改为被动语态)
The papers must ______ ______ in before class.
6. It is sunny today. (对划线部分提问)
______ is the ______ like today?
7. Neither Lucy nor Jane was in the reading-room then. (改为意思相反的句子)
______ Lucy and Jane ______ in the reading-room then.
8. The street is dark and long. (改为感叹句)
______ dark and long the street_________.
9. Hurry up, or we'll be late. (改为复合句)
We'll be late ______ we ______ hurry up.
10. I don't know where I can buy a bike like Kate's. (改为简单句)
I Don't know where ______ ______ a bike like Kate's.
That ______ ______ fun.
______of the artists know what ______ do.
I look forward ______ ______you.
The teacher ______that the earth______ around the sun.
The work can ______ finished______two weeks.
My mother is ______ ______.
He ______ ______ quite a few good friends at school.
"Must you leave in such a hurry?" he asked ______ ______.
The hospital ______ ______ the river.
Today computers ______ ______ in many fields.
阅读理解电视广告词"If we don't save water, the last drop of water will be a tear-drop."根据提示，写一篇60-80词左右的短文。
参考词汇：water suitable to drink可饮用水 amount数量
(1)1. A. The girl likes spring.B. The girl likes skating.
C. The girl likes winter.
2. A. Mr. Smith works in a hospital. B. Mr. Smith works on a farm.
C. Mr. Smith works in a school.
3. A. Mr. White is reading a newspaper.
B. Mrs. White is reading a newspaper.
C. Mrs. White is reading a book.
4 A. The box is so heavy. B. The box is very small.
C. The boy is so heavy.
5. A. It's snowing outside. B. It's raining outside.
C. It's windy outside.(1-5 CCBAB)
(2)6. Which would you like, a cup of tea or a cup of milk?
7. Who taught you English?
8. Where was the Museum of Terra Cotta Warriors built?
9. Thank you for helping me with the housework.
10. Have you ever been to Canada? (6-10 CBCAB)
(3)11.M: What did you do last Sunday?
W: We went to West Lake.
M: Did you go there by bus?
W: No. Mum doesn't like travelling by bus, so we took the train.
Q: How did they get to West Lake?
12.M: Is Miss Gao a good teacher, Kate?
W: Yes, she is a wonderful teacher.
M: Do you like her class?
W: Yes, I do. I like it a lot.
Q: What does Kate say about Miss Gao?
13.M: How long have you lived in the house, Mrs. White?
W: Twenty years.
M: Twenty years! That's a long time. Why do you want to sell it?
W: Because I want to buy a smaller one in the countryside.
Q: What kind of house does Mrs. White want to buy?
14.W: Are there enough apples for all of us?
M: No, there is only one apple, but there are enough bananas, Mrs. King.
W: Is there enough tea?
M: Yes, there is.
Q: What does Mrs King want to know?
15.M: Would you like to join us for a walk along the river, Miss Green?
W: What a nice way to spend a hot day!
Q: What does Miss Green mean? (11-15 CABCA)
(4)A rich farmer in England once had a friend who grew very good apples. One day this friend gave the farmer a young tree and told him to go home and plant it. The farmer was pleased with the present, but when he got home, he did not know where to plant the tree.
At last he planted the tree in a place where nobody could see it. But the tree could not grow without sunlight, and finally it died. When the farmer's friend heard about this, he got very angry and asked the farmer why he had planted the tree in such a bad place. "I was afraid that others would take the apples if I planted it in a place where everybody could see it."
16. What did the farmer's friend grow?
17. What present did the friend give the farmer?
18. Where did the farmer plant the tree?
19. What happened to the tree?
20. What do you think of the rich English farmer? (16-20 ACBBD)
(5)Albin was over sixty years old and lived by himself a long way from town. He hardly ever left his home, but one day he went into town to buy some things in the market. After that, he went into a restaurant and sat down at a table by himself. When he looked around, he saw several old people put glasses on before reading their newspapers, so after lunch he decided to buy himself a pair of glasses, too. He walked along the road, and soon found a shop.
The woman in the shop let him try on a lot of glasses, but he always said, "No, I can't read with these."
The woman became more and more frustrated, until finally she said, "Excuse me, but can you read at all?"
"Oh, no, of course I can't! " Albin said angrily, "If I were already able to read, do you think I would have come here to buy glasses?"
(21.Yes, he did. 22. He hardly ever went into town. 23. He saw some old people put glasses on before they read/reading their newspapers. 24. He went to buy himself a pair of glasses. 25. No, he wasn't.)
II. 1-5 BCDCD
III. 1.A。前者指两者中较高的，表特指，故加the;后者是形容词的最高级前要加the的用法。2.C。这是if引导的条件状语从句，主句是一般将来时，从句用一般现在时代替一般将来时；前半句是否定句，后半句与前半句所表现的情况是一样的，并且两者的主语不是指的同一个人或物时，用neither/nor来倒装。3.B。 little表示否定。在反意疑问句中，前否后肯。4.B。see为感官动词，在其主动语态中，后接省略to的动词不定式，即see sb. do sth.;但变成被动语态时，要将to 还原。5.B。前面的if是"是否"之意，引导宾语从句；后面的if是"如果"之意，引导条件状语从句。6.D。此句是动词不定式作定语的用法，live为不及物动词，后面的介词不能省略。7.B。该句叙述了一个客观事实，用一般现在时。8.C。在宾语从句中，从句一般要用陈述句语序。9.D。how long表示一段时间，必须与延续性动词连用。10.C。前者是动词不定式作目的状语；后者是make后接省to的动词不定式，即make sb. do sth.。11.C。 此句中but表转折。四个选项中both表两者肯定， all表三者及三者以上肯定 ，neither表两者否定 ，none表三者及三者以上否定，因此只有neither符合题意。12.C。 unless表示"除非"之意，引导让步状语从句。13.C。 stop to do sth. 意为"停下来去做另一件事"，stop doing sth.意为"停止做某事"。14.C。 some time意为"一段时间"， some times 意为"几次"，sometime 意为"(将来)某个时候"，sometimes意为"有时"。 15.B。 事物比较时要同级比较，若为可数名词的单数形式或不可数名词时，用that来代替 ；若为可数名词的复数形式，用those来代替。
IV. 1-5 CCBDA 6-10 ABCDB
V. (1)1-5 BBCCC (2)1-5 DAACD (3)1-5 ABCDA
VI. 1. would stay, snowed 2. fell, to catch 3.doesn't rain, will help 4. has visited, has learned/ learnt 5. stop talking, read 6. were turned, began 7. haven't finished, to give 8. knows, was built 9. won't be, went 10. didn't pass, is studying
VII. 1. Does, have 2. didn't, like 3. Were there 4. doesn't, any 5. be handed 6. What, weather 7. Both, were 8. How, is 9. if, don't 10. to buy
VIII. 1. sounds like 2. None, to 3. to meeting/seeing 4. said, goes/travels 5. be, in 6. busy cooking 7. has made 8. in surprise 9. lies beside/ is near 10. are used
IX.One possible version:
Water is very important to humans. We can't live without water. The amount of water suitable to drink is falling. But some people don't seem to care about this. They waste a lot of water. They pour dirty water into rivers and pollute them. They throw rubbish into them, too. Many rivers and lakes are seriously polluted. We must do something to stop the pollution. We must protect the water as well as find ways to reuse it. If we don't, the last drop of water will be a tear-drop.
(文/程国清 张雪云 陈子春 姜红伟； 英语辅导报初三版03--04学年度第43期；版权归英语辅导报社所有，独家网络合作伙伴新浪教育，未经许可，不得以任何形式进行转载。)
|【英语学习论坛】【评论】【大 中 小】【打印】【关闭】|