|http://www.sina.com.cn 2004/07/13 15:17 英语辅导报|
1. th____ght， ____lmost 2. l____ge， d____nce
3. sp____d， r____lay 4.d____f， sp____nd
II. 听录音,选出与所听句子内容相符的句子或图画。( 5分)
1. A. He enjoys playing golf，not basketball.
B. He enjoys playing basketball better than playing golf.
C. He enjoys playing golf better than playing basketball.
2. A. I knew he couldn't write a book.
B. I couldn't write a book， and he knew that.
C. He was able to write a book， but I didn't know that.
1. A. He sells drinks on the train.
B. He drives a train.
C. He checks tickets.
D. He sells food on the train.
2. A. The USA. B. England.
C. Japan. D. Australia.
3. A.1955 B. 1973 C. 1994 D.1999
4. A. The first microcomputer.
B. A newspaper.
C. An English-Chinese dictionary.
D. A famous person.
5. A. Yes， he was. B. No， he didn't.
C. Yes， he did. D. The writer didn't say it.
IV. 听录音,根据短文内容判断下列句子正(T)误(F)。( 5分)
1. There was something wrong with Sir William's ears.
2. One evening Sir William asked some friends to tell him funny stories.
3. One of his friends told a funny story while they were sitting at the table.
4. The story Sir William told was funnier than his friend's.
5. Everyone laughed louder because Sir William told the same story.
1. This is an _________ (有趣的) book for children.
2. If you like, you can just buy _________ (自己)a ticket, we'll get ours later.
3. China is a _________ (大的) and beautiful country.
4. The _________ (未来)is always unknown to us.
5. _________ (几乎) no one believes him.
1.I was _________ in sports when I was young.(interest)
2.The farmers planted _________ of trees on the hill two years ago. (million)
3.He began developing software for _________ computers. (person)
4.Mark Twain was also a good _________ . (speak)
5.I am very _________ to hear the good news.(please)
1. One of the best films _________ Titanic now.
A. is B. are C. were D. was
2.-Do you know who wrote the book?
-Bill Gates _________ .
A. / B. did C. was D. wrote
3. Many children in China like to play _________ .
A. piano and bridge
B. the piano and the bridge
C. piano and the bridge
D. the piano and bridge
4. They often _________ a lot of time _________ their students.
A. took, to help B. took, helping
C. spent, to help D. spent, helping
5. Do you know _________ ?
A. who is the man B. who the man is
C. the man is who D. the man who is
1. They came to understand the question at last.
They came to understand the question _________ _________ _________ .
2.Jim works for Microsoft.
Jim works for a company _________ Microsoft.
3. I spent two weeks reading the book.
It _________ me two weeks _________ _________ the book.
4. I think maths is more useful than English.
I _________ think English is _________ useful _________ maths.
5. Bill Gates wrote the book.
The book _________ _________ _________ Bill Gates.
A: What can I do for you, Madam?
B: I want to buy a blouse (1) _________ my sister.
A: What colour does she (2) _________ best?
B: Hmm...I'm not sure. Grey, I (3) _________ .
A: OK. (4) _________ a grey one.
B: Oh, no. I want a (5) _________ colour.
A: What (6) _________ this green one? It's very popular this year. I'm sure she will like it.
B: Er, it looks nice.
A: What (7) _________ does she wear?
B: Sorry. I'm not (8) _________ . Oh, she's almost (9) _________ tall as the woman over there.
A: Then Size 6 should (10) _________ OK. Here you are.
B: Thank you.
A: You're welcome.
One day, Kidom and his friend Dick went to the river to fish. Kidom took his dog, Vick, with him. Everytime the dog saw a small animal or a bird, he would run 1 it and try to catch it. Dick hated the dog, because it frightened(吓) the fish away. "Why did you 2 your dog here?" asked Dick, "He 3 here and there. All the fish are frightened and swim 4 ."
"Yes, I know," answered Kidom, "Next time, I shall come without Vick. 5 we go home now, Dick?"
At that moment Dick shouted,"Wait,a 6 is biting (咬) my line. I can feel it." Dick was very glad. He forgot the danger. He went 7 the line, and fell into the water. "Help! Help! I can't swim," Dick shouted, up and down in the 8 .
But Kidom could not swim, 9 . Just then Vick appeared. The dog jumped into the water and pulled Dick onto dry land by taking hold of Dick's shirt with his 10 . Dick was rescued(营救). He was still holding the line in his hand. On the end was a big fish.
1. A. after B. to C. at D. with
2. A. take B. carry C. bring D. want
3. A. ran B. runs C. has run D. is running
4. A. here B. away C. there D. home
5. A. Must B. Will C. May D. Shall
6. A. fish B. bird C. dog D. cat
7. A. pulled B. pulls C. to pull D. is pulling
8. A. water B. boat C. land D. line
9. A. too B. neither C. also D. either
10.A. tooth B. teeth C. foot D. feet
Even when Benjamin was a boy, he tried to find ways to help people lead better lives. One of his earliest inventions were paddles(短桨) for swimming. Ben had wondered for some time if there was a way to swim faster, maybe with something on his hands and feet. Slowly a picture of swimming shoes, or paddles, came into his mind. Ben thought for a long time. The paddles must be neither too big nor too small. The right kind of wood was important, too. It must be neither too heavy nor too light. He started to work on the paddles and soon finished them. Now Ben was ready to try them out. He decided to try them the following Sunday afternoon in a pond(池塘).
Boys gathered around the pond as Ben got ready. He got into the water and began to paddle. He swam slowly at first, then faster and faster until he was travelling through the water like a fish. The boys near the pond jumped up and down, crying with joy(快乐). They had never seen such fast swimming.
1. Ben _________ when he was a boy.
A. had seen the swimming paddles
B. didn't like inventing things
C. wanted to help people lead better lives
D. was a great scientist
2. Paddles can help _________ .
A. children play faster games
B. a child jump higher
C. boys study well D. people swim faster
3. It took Ben a long time _________ .
A. to decide how to make the paddles
B. to make the paddles
C. to buy the paddles
D. to carry the paddles to the pond
4. _________ gathered around the pond on Sunday afternoon to watch Ben try out the paddles.
A. A lot of boys B. Few boys
C. A lot of girls D. Ben's parents
5. The boys near the pond _________ .
A. watched the experiment quietly
B. got into the water to swim with Ben
C. weren't interested in the paddles' experiment
D. were very excited to see such fast swimming
I. 1.north 2. laugh 3. dream 4. check 5. tool
(1.ou，al 2.ar，a 3.ee，e 4.ea，e 5.ou，o )
II. 1. He enjoys playing golf a lot，but he doesn't enjoy basketball at all.
2. I didn't know he could write a book.
3. Look! This is Bill Gates' invention.
4. The little girl is going to buy her father a T-shirt.
5. Tomorrow is Mother's Day.I'm going to buy a present for my mother.
III. 1. What does a conductor do？
2. Where did Mark Twain come from？
3. In which year did Bill Gates finish writing a book called Business @the Speed of Thought？
4. What is the New York Times？
5. Did Mark Twain buy a ticket for his friend？
IV. Sir William Johnson could hear nothing， but he didn't like other people to know this. One evening he invited several friends to dinner， and while they were sitting at the table， one of his friends told a funny story.Everyone laughed， and Sir William laughed as loud as anyone. Then he said，"That was a very funny joke， but I know a funnier one. Would you like to hear it？"They all said they would， so Sir William began his story. When it ended， everyone laughed louder than ever， and Sir William smiled happily.
But he didn't know why they were really laughing.
His story was just the same as his friend's.
I. 1.interesting 2. yourself 3. large/big 4. future 5. Almost
II. 1. interested 2. millions 3. personal 4. speaker 5. pleased
III. 1-5 ABDDB
IV. 1. in the end。这是短语对等转换。 2. called。放在名词(company)后需要用一个过去分词来担任定语，放在后面表示被动含义。 3. took, to read。"主语＋spend＋时间／金钱＋(in)＋动词-ing"形式可以与"形式主语＋take+时间／金钱+动词不定式"的形式互换。4. don't, as / so, as。这句话用的not as / so ... as...的同级比较的形式，把句子的否定放在了主句上。5. was written by。原句是一般过去时，主语是单数，因此使用was +write的过去分词形式，最后by引出动作的执行者。
V. 1. for 2. like 3. think 4. Here's 5. different 6. about 7. size 8. sure 9. as 10. be
VI. 1. A。构成短语run after，表示"追赶；追逐"。
2. C。动词bring常与here搭配，表示将某人或某物带到"这里"的意思。 3. D。用现在进行时是为了强调"狗总在这里跑动"。 4. B。用away说明鱼儿游走了。5. D。与主语we搭配，使用"Shall we +动词原形+其它？"的句型。6. A。咬钩的当然是fish。7. C。动词go的后面接动词不定式，表示"去做某事"的意思。8. A。上文已经说了是在河边钓鱼，因此掉入的地方应该是"水"里。9. D。either表示"也"，用于否定句中。10. B。咬东西显然是要用teeth(tooth的复数形式)。
VIII. One possible version:
I am very happy to introduce myself to you. My name is Lin Tao. I'm thirteen years old. I live in Zhengzhou. One of my favourite subjects is biology. I want to be a biologist when I grow up. I'm interested in drawing and enjoy bird watching. My favourite activities are hiking and swimming.
I feel lucky to join you. I hope we can be good friends and do our best to make our earth more beautiful. That's all. Thank you for listening.
|【英语学习论坛】【评论】【大 中 小】【打印】【关闭】|