|http://www.sina.com.cn 2004/08/17 19:57 英语辅导报|
1. A. The old man was so tired that he couldn't go any further.
B. The old man was tired, but he had to go on.
C. The old man didn't want to go there.
D. The old man wasn't tired, so he wanted to go there.
2. A. They had a good meal in the park yesterday.
B. They had a good time in the park yesterday.
C. They liked playing in the park.
D. They liked having a party in the park.
3. A. Tom went home before the rain stopped.
B. Tom went home after the rain stopped.
C. Tom didn't want to go home because he had no umbrella.
D. Tom didn't want to go home because it was raining heavily.
4. A. Of all the subjects my daughter likes English best.
B. My daughter thinks it's better to learn English.
C. English is easier to learn than any other subject, so my daughter likes it.
D. English is harder to learn than any other subject, so my daughter hates it.
5. A. No, I think you're wrong.
B. Give me a hand.
D. I do sometimes.
6. A. You're welcome.
B. Hi! Nice to see you.
C. Fine. Thanks.→
D. How are you?
7. A. No, not really. Why?
B. That's all right.
C. No problem.
D. I'm not very busy.
8. A. That's OK.
C. No, I don't think so.
D. Sorry, I can't.
9. A. Sorry, I can't, I'm new here, too.
B. Sorry, I couldn't.
C. It opens from Monday to Friday.
D. Yes, I'm busy.
10. A. Once a month.
B. Two weeks ago.
C. Almost three years.
D. Two years later.
11. A. Hi! How are you?
B. I'm happy, too.
C. Nice to meet you, too.
D. How are you doing?
12. A. Sorry, I don't have one.
B. Yes, you can't.
C. It's 5 dollars.
D. It's not broken.
13. A. Sorry, I have to finish my homework first.
B. No. Have you finished your homework?
C. No, I don't.
14. A. I'm not feeling sick.
B. Yes. Thanks.
C. That's right.
D. Fine, thank you.
15. A. October.
16. A. At No. 19 Middle School.
B. At No. 5 Middle School.
C. At No. 9 Middle School.
D. At No. 15 Middle School.
17. A. She is Jim's mother.
B. She is Jim's sister.
C. She is Jim's aunt.
D. She is Jim's friend.
18. A.Mother and son.
B. Teacher and student.
D. Aunt and nephew.
19. A. It's Tuesday.
B. It's Wednesday.
C. It's Thursday.
D. It's Monday.
20. A. 4:30 p.m.
B. 5:30 p.m.
C. 3:30 p.m.
D. 6:30 p.m.
Vocabulary: period /`piEriEd/ n.时期;centigrade/`sentigreid/ adj.摄氏的
The most important thing to remember about the__________(21)in Britain is that it often__________ (22).In no country other than Britain, it has been said, can one meet four__________ (23)in the course of a single day! You may wake up to a beautiful blue sky and an hour or so later black clouds may arrive and it may rain. At midday it may be really cold with the temperature down by about eight degrees centigrade or less. And then, in the late afternoon the sky may__________ (24),the sun may begin to shine, and for an hour or two before darkness falls, it may be sunny. Long periods when the weather__________ (25)the same day after day aren't very common in Britain.
第二部分 笔试部分 (共95分)
1. Jack likes playing __________football while Tom likes playing__________violin.
A. a; aB. the; the
C. a; the D. /; the
2. My mother usually gets up__________six thirty__________Sunday morning.
A. in; atB. in; on
C. at; onD. at; in
3. __________picture looks more beautiful than__________.
A. She; IB. Her; I
C. Her; mineD. Hers; my
4. __________is the population of Australia?
A. How muchB. How many
C. WhatD. How
5. He made faces at us and made all of us __________ .
A. to laugh B. laugh C. laughing D. laughed
6. There are __________hospitals in the town.
A. many few B. such a few
C. quite a few D. very a few
7. You needn't look up the word __________ you really don't know its meaning.
A. until B. unless
C. because D. as
8. -Must I return the book to the library right now?
-No, you __________.
A. can't B. needn't
C. aren't D. will not
9. He had little money with him, __________?
A. doesn't he B. does he
C. hasn't he D. did he
10. The number of the students__________355. A number of them__________ going to take the train to Shanghai.
A. is; is B. are; are
C. is; are D. are; is
11. I don't know when the meeting__________. When it__________, I'll let you know.
A. began; start
B. begins; start
C. will begin; starts
D. has begun; started
12. At the moment everyone in our class is busy__________the exam.
A. getting ready for
B. to get ready for
C. getting ready to
D. to get ready to
13. It __________me half an hour to ride from my home to school every day.
A. uses B. takes
C. spends D. costs
14. "No smoking" means "__________".
A. No fire
B. No cigarettes to sell
C. Start smoking
D. People can't smoke here
A. VOA B. IOC
C. WTO D. NBA
A. What time is the earliest flight?
B. When would you like to go?
C. OK. I'll get them for you right away.
D. What about July 1st?
E. Are they cheap or expensive?
F. Then I'll take the tickets.
A: Can I help you?
B: I'd like three air tickets to Hong Kong.
B: On June 30th.
A: June 30th ? Er, I'm sorry. But all the tickets for that day are sold out. ____17_____
B: Let me think. Yes, that's OK.
A: The earliest flight will leave at seven o'clock in the morning.
B: Does it stop anywhere?
A: No. It will go straight to Hong Kong.
We live in the "computer age". Scientists, teachers, writers and even students use computers to do ____21_____different things. But more than 30 years ago, ____22_____couldn't do much. They were very big and expensive. ____23_____people showed any interest in them or knew how to use them. Today computers are smaller and ____24_____ . Since they are so useful, a lot of people like to use them, even at home. Computers____25_____ very important because they can work____26_____than people and make fewer mistakes. Computers can ____27_____people with their work. Writers use computers to write books and articles, for example. Teachers use them to help them teach and students use them to study. Computers can also remember what you put____28_____them. Computers are very
____29_____ .They are our good friends. Do you want to____30_____a computer?
21. A. muchB. about C. all kinds ofD. very much
22. A. teachers B. computers C. students D. scientists
23. A. Few B. A few C. Little D. A little
24. A. cheap B. cheaper C. expensive D. more expensive
25. A. have becomeB. is becoming C. becomes D. has become
26. A. tell B. help C. fast D. faster
27. A. tellB. help C. stopD. ask
28. A. on B. intoC. upD. to
29. A. heavy B. careful C. helpful D. beautiful
30. A. lendB. pay C. own D. sell
An 11-year-old boy who gave up television for a year in a bet(打赌)with his mother says he'll use some of the money to buy himself an astronaut's suit(宇航服). The bet ended at 9:01 on Monday morning, but Benjamin Jack waited until his mother, Roslyn, handed him five 100-dollar bills in front of a gathering of newspapermen in the afternoon before switching on the TV. During the past year, he filled his time with reading and his grades(成绩) improved from "satisfactory" to "very good".
31. Why did the mother hand the dollar bills to the boy?
A. Because his grades had improved.
B. Because he had won some money.
C. Because he wanted to buy an astronaut's suit.
D. Because she had to give him the money for not watching TV for a week.
32. Why do you think the newspapermen came?
A. They came to judge who should be the winner.
B. They came to congratulate the winner.
C. They came for the money.
D. They came for the story.
33. The boy's mother obviously(明显地)believed that_________ .
A. children shouldn't watch TV too much
B. children should have their own money
C. children should be regarded(对待) as their parent's equals
D. children's interest in space should be encouraged
Yesterday Maria had a little girl. We named her Elena. Everybody says Elena looks like me already.
She does have blue eyes like me. But I think she looks more like Maria. They both have round faces and dark hair.
The doctors were worried about the baby as she arrived a little earlier, after only eight months. When she was first born, she wasn't breathing. She didn't make any noise. I thought maybe she wasn't alive. But after a moment she began to move. Then she began to cry very loudly. It was a good sound. Elena is small, only six pounds, but very healthy.
The doctors were also worried about Maria. For a while they were afraid of her life, too. She went into the hospital at 2:00 p.m. on Monday. The baby was born at
8:00 p.m. on Tuesday. That's 30 hours! Poor Maria. She had a very difficult time for those 30 hours. In fact, the doctors say she shouldn't have another child. It might be dangerous for her. We were a little sad when we heard this. We wanted to have two children and now maybe we can't.
But we do have Elena. That is the important thing. I love her already. She's such a pretty little girl. Not all babies are pretty, you know. Some of the other babies at the hospital are almost ugly(难看的). But our Elena has a perfect(完美的)nose and perfect little ears. And she has the biggest, most beautiful blue eyes. All the nurses love her because she doesn't cry very often. She also smiles a lot. She's really a very happy baby.
34. This passage is mainly about_________.
A. how Ted feels about babies
B. Maria's health
C. having children
D. Ted and Maria's new baby
35. When the baby was first born it _________.
A. wasn't alive
B. wasn't breathing
C. made a lot of noise
D. was very large
36. According to the passage, Elena_________.
A. is popular among the nurses in the hospital
B. is a difficult baby
C. cries a lot
D. never eats
Pop music in America is what every student likes. Students carry around small radios with earphones and listen to music before class, after class, and at lunch. Students with cars buy large speakers and play the music loudly as they drive along the street.
Adult drivers listen to music on the car radio as they drive to work. They also listen to sports news, the weather, and life in America. Most of the radio programmes are musical ones.
Pop or popular music singers make a lot of money. They make a CD or tape which radio stations play all over the country. Once the popular singer is heard, young people buy his or her tapes. Some of the money from these tapes goes to the singer. Wherever the singer goes, a lot of young people want to meet him or her. The singer has now become a national star.
There are other kinds of music that are important to Americans. One is called folk music. It tells stories about life of America among the common people. Another is called western or country music. This was started by cowboys who would sing at night to the cows they were watching. Today, any music about country life and the love between a country boy and his girl is called western or country music.
37. _________ kinds of music are mentioned (提到)in this passage.
A. TwoB. Three
C. Four D. Five
38. When pop singers_________,they will become national stars.
A. make a lot of money
B. are liked by a lot of young people
C. make a CD or tape
D. are asked to sing on the radio
39. From the passage we know that country music is about the_________.
A. common life of Americans
B. country life and love stories
C. life of cowboys
D. school life in America
40. Which of the following is true according to this passage?
A. Most students in America don't like popular music.
B. Students with cars in America like to listen to music while driving around.
C. Adult drivers in America only listen to music while driving.
D. Everyone in America wants to meet pop singers wherever they go.
41.In the story, the word "folk" means "_________"in Chinese.
Mr. White was born in a small village. His parents worked hard on their farm but they couldn't get enough food for the family. Of course he couldn't be sent to school and his uncle, who worked in a school, taught him at home. He learned a lot before he left home. When he was sixteen, he found work in a factory. The boss liked him and seven years later Mr. White married his daughter. With his boss's help, Mr. White had his own factory seven years later.
Mrs. White liked her husband very much. So she was always afraid he would fall in love with another woman. She often asked him a lot of questions. He wouldn't make her angry and was careful not to cause any trouble.
One evening Mr. White was very busy so he asked his secretary to help him. By the time they finished the work, it was ten in the evening and he had to see her home. That night his wife felt unwell and asked him to take her to a hospital. He helped her to get into the car and they started off. But soon after that he found there was a shoe in the car. He had a look at his wife. The woman seemed to be asleep. He picked it up gently and threw it out of the window.
42. Mr. White couldn't be sent to school because_________.
A. his parents were both farmers
B. he was born into a poor family
C. he could learn all subjects by himself
D. he didn't have enough food
43. With _________help, Mr. White learned a lot.
A. his father'sB. his mother's
C. his uncle's D. his friend's
44. Mr. White was afraid_________, so he tried not to cause any trouble.
A. he would be sent away
B. his wife wouldn't help him
C. he would be busy
D. his wife would be unhappy
45. Mr. White threw the shoe out of the window because_________.
A. he thought it was his secretary's
B. it was too old for his wife to wear
C. he wanted to buy a pair of new shoes for his wife
D. it stopped him from driving the car properly
46. He often watches TV on_________(星期六).
47. He is_________(害怕)of swimming in the sea.
48. What do you have for_________(早餐)?
49. It doesn't rain here in_________(四月).
50. He went into the classroom_________ (静静地).
51. There are many_________ (potato) in the fridge.
52. The_________ (twelve) month of the year is December.
53. The news is so_________ (excite) that we can't say a word.
54. There are a lot of new_________ (factory)in our city.
55. Look at the sun. It always shines_________ (bright)at this time of year.
56. Miss Smith put the new dress on, and looked at_________ (she )in the mirror.
57. Liu Zhong is in his_________ (three) year at No.1 Middle School.
58. The teacher asked her students (not forget) to hand in their homework.
59. I think the dictionary is _________ (help) to your study.
60. Don't open your books. Please keep them_________ (close).
61. Don't worry. He_________ (catch) up with the others soon.
62. Look! The boys_________ (write) in the classroom.
63. There_________ (be) a lot of orange trees here in the past.
64. The newspaper came hours ago, but I _________ (not read) it yet.
65. She always_________ (get) on well with her classmates.
It's my birthday next Sunday. There going to be 66. _________
a birthday party at my home in the evening. It will be start67. _________
at seven. I've also invited some my friends and some other classmates.68. _________
I live at 10 Bank Street. You can take the No. 1 or No. 20 bus and get on at the stop in 69. _________
Renmin Road. It's difficult to find my house. It is 70. _________
just on the other side of the road. It is a red house with a white door.
I hope you can make it.
Soccer _________ _________all over the world.
It _________take us a long time _________learn a foreign language_________.
He was_________ _________care of the SARS patients that evening.
It's_________ _________me to play _________ violin.
Tea_________ _________in the south of China.
1. 上星期天， 天气晴朗。我们去参观了一个现代化的小汽车厂；
一、1.The old man was too tired to go on.
2. They enjoyed themselves in the park yesterday.
3. Tom didn't go home until the rain stopped.
4. My daughter likes English better than any other subject. (1-4 ABBA)
二、5.Will you please help me carry the box?
6. Hi, Sue. How are you today?
7. Are you busy tomorrow, Miss Lin?
8. Sorry. Could you please repeat what you just said? I didn't follow you.
9. Could you show me the way to the museum?
10. How long have you been in America? (5-10 CCABAC)
三、11.Hi, Nancy. Nice to meet you.
12. Excuse me. May I borrow your umbrella?
13. Please come and play basketball with us.
14. Are you feeling better now, Peter?
15.Which month is the hottest in Australia? (11-15 CAABC)
四、16. W: Where did you study last year, Lin Tao?
M: I studied at No. 9 Middle School.
Q: Where did Lin Tao study last year?
17.W: What's your aunt's name, Jim?
M: Her name is Jane.
Q: Who is Jane?
18.W: Hand in your exercise books, please.
M: I was ill last night. So I haven't finished my homework.
W: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
Q: Who are the two speakers?
19. W: What day is it today?
M: It' s Monday.
Q: What day is it tomorrow?
20.M: When are you leaving San Francisco for Washington D.C.?
W: Next Monday afternoon. My flight leaves at 5:30 p.m.
M: What time do you need to be at the airport?
W: I should be there one hour before the plane leaves.
Q: What time will the woman have to be at the airport? (16-20 CCBAA)
五、The most important thing to remember about the weather in Britain is that it often changes. In no country other than Britain, it has been said, can one meet four seasons in the course of a single day! You may wake up to a beautiful blue sky and an hour or so later black clouds may arrive and it may rain. At midday it may be really cold with the temperature down by about eight degrees centigrade or less. And then, in the late afternoon the sky may clear, the sun may begin to shine, and for an hour or two before darkness falls, it may be sunny. Long periods when the weather stays the same day after day aren't very common in Britain.
(21.weather 22.changes 23.seasons 24.clear 25.stays)
3.C。后面横线上的意思是my picture，所以填mine。 4. C 5.B
6.C。 与quite连用时，要用a little和a few。
7.B。 unless = if not, 本句意为"真正懂了就不要查字典。" 8. B 9.D
10.C。 the number of意为"……的数量"；而a number of意为"许多"。 11.C 12.A
13.B。本题主要考查常用句型It takes somebody some time to do something. 其真正的主语是动词不定式。14. D
三、21-25 CBABA 26-30 DBBCC
四、31-33 DDA 34-36 DBA 37-41 BBBBA 42-45 BCDA
五、 46.Saturday 47. afraid 48. breakfast 49. April 50.quietly 51. potatoes 52.twelfth 53.exciting 54.factories 55.brightly 56.herself 57.third 58.not to forget 59.helpful 60.closed 61.will catch 62. are writing 63.were 64.haven't read 65. gets
六、66. There→There is 67. will be start→will start 68. some→some of 69. on→off 70. difficult→easy
七、71. is popular 72. will, to, well 73. busy taking 74. time for, the 75. is grown
八、 One possible version:
It was fine last Sunday. We went to visit a modern car factory. It was eight o'clock when we arrived there by bus. Pingping's uncle who was an engineer there showed us around the factory. First we followed him to some workshops, and then he told us something about the different kinds of cars. After hearing what he said, we all knew the cars they produced were both cheap and beautiful. What's more, they are very popular with people.
(文/康传桂 王宏 孙国良； 英语辅导报初三版03--04学年度第49期；版权归英语辅导报社所有，独家网络合作伙伴新浪教育，未经许可，不得以任何形式进行转载。)
|【英语学习论坛】【评论】【大 中 小】【打印】【关闭】|