新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 英语周报大学版 > my father sid

my father sid
http://www.sina.com.cn 2006/11/15 20:38  英语周报大学版


my father sid

  My father had always said that there are four things a child needs —plenty of love, nourishing food, regular sleep , and lots of soap and water—and after those, what he needs most is some intelligent neglect.

  我父亲总是说,一个孩子需要四样东西———充分的爱、富于营养的食物、有规律的睡眠、大量的肥皂和水———这些完了呢,他最需要的是一些明智的放任。

  If you want your children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shouldres.

  你若希望你的孩子总是脚踏实地, 就要让他们负些责任。

  Happy are the families where the government of parents is the reign of affection, and obedience of the children the submission to love.

  幸福的家庭,父母靠慈爱当家,孩子也是出于对父母的爱而顺从大人。

  Be it ever so humble , there is no place like home.

  金窝,银窝,不如自家的草窝。

  We never know the love of the parents until we become parents ourselves.

  不养儿不知父母恩。

  The house of every one is to him as his castle and fortress.

  每个人的家对他自己都像是城堡和要塞。

  There is a skeleton in every house.

  家家都有一本难念的经。

  Every soil where he is well, is to a valiant man his natural country.

  勇敢的人随遇而安,所到之处都是故乡。

  Go where he will, the wise man is at home his harth the earth, his hall the azure dome.

  明智者四海为家———大地是他的壁炉,苍穹是他的客厅。


发表评论

爱问(iAsk.com)

评论】【论坛】【收藏此页】【 】【多种方式看新闻】【下载点点通】【打印】【关闭


教育频道意见反馈留言板 电话:010-82628888-5747 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2006 SINA Corporation, All Rights Reserved

新浪公司 版权所有
北京网通提供网络带宽