英语写作精讲精练:注重表达的顺畅与质量

http://www.sina.com.cn 2008年02月13日 14:26   昂立英语

  注重表达的顺畅与质量:

  1.虽然感到有些可疑,但我还是跟着他进了店里。(Though a little suspicious, I followed him into the shop.)

  2.我开始对他的意图起疑心是当他反复地说我能从中得到什么好处的时候。(I started to feel suspicious about his intention when he kept on talking about what good I could get out of it.)

  3.这些票上面说的是哪天用就只能哪天用。(The tickets must be used on the stated date.)

  4.让我再次重申:我绝对无意去伤害你。(Let me reiterate that I have absolutely no intention to hurt you.)

  5.经过很多天的争吵与讨价还价,一项

纺织品进出口双边协议终于达成了。(After many days of quarreling and bargaining, a bilateral agreement on textile import and export was finally arrived at // reached // concluded.)

  6.警方悬赏一大笔奖金打探有关那个肇事后逃逸驾驶员的下落。(The police are offering a big reward for any information about the whereabouts of the hit-and-run driver.)

  7.银行遭劫时,有人看到他的汽车正在附近,这决不是巧合。(It is no coincidence that his car was seen near the bank at the time of the robbery.)

  8.他们结婚很久了,但两人的感情渐渐变淡,最后终于分居了。(They had been married for a long time but gradually drifted apart until they separated.)

  9.谈话漫无边际地从一个话题转到另一个话题。(The conversation drifted from one subject to another.)

  10.请随时来我们商店转转,不一定非要买东西。(Come and look round our shop without commitment to buy anything.)

  11.会议开得乱七八糟的,这表明事先缺乏妥善筹划。(The disorganized meeting suggested a lack of proper planning.)

  12.她脸上挂着的表情显示她生气了。(The expression she is wearing on the face suggests anger.)

  13.如果你没有分散我的注意力的话,我报告早已经写完了。(I would have finished writing the report if you hadn’t distracted my attention.)

  14.他成了,不妨说,一个没有太太的已婚男人。(He became, as it were, a married man without a wife.)

  15.虽然他们吃的、喝的都快耗尽了,但他们依然保持着快乐的心情和坚定的信念,相信很快就会出去的,而且他们被告知救援行动进展顺利。(Though they are running out of food and drink, the men are cheerful and confident that they will get out soon. They have been told that rescue operations are progressing smoothly.)

  16.太感谢你的礼物了,但你没必要花这么多钱。(Thanks so much for the present! But you needn’t have spent so much money.)

  17.我本该知道他是个保不住什么密的人。我真不该告诉他那件事。(I should have known he could not keep anything secret. I really shouldn’t have told him that.)

  18.我是不是来的不是时候啊?(Have I come at an awkward time?)

  19.她强挤出了一丝微笑来掩饰自己的尴尬。(She forced a smile to cover up her awkwardness.)

  20.太湖由于过度捕捞,著名的“三白”,即:白鱼、白虾、银鱼几乎要枯竭了。(The Taihu Lake has been overfished and the well-known “Three Whites”, namely, white fish, white shrimps and small ‘silver’ fish are almost exhausted.)

  21.我的背景是工薪阶层,在这些高收入人群中感到很不自在。(With my working-class background, I feel like a fish out of water among these high-income people.)

  22.很抱歉我不能整天坐在这儿和你瞎侃。我还有更要紧的事要做。(Sorry I can’t afford to sit here and chat with you all day. I have bigger fish to fry.)

  23.我恐怕得让你走人了。我这里庙小,装不下你这个大和尚。(I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to leave. You are a big fish in a small pond.)

  24.她突然辞职,我们皆为之愕然。(Her sudden resignation took us all by surprise.)

  25.要确保胜利,我们就必须出其不意、攻其不备。(To ensure success, we’ll have to take them by surprise.)

  26.造成这些鱼长这么大个儿的因素有三:海底的热输油管道、钻井平台工作人员扔下去的充足的食物供应、石油平台附近完全没有捕鱼船。(Three factors have caused these fish to grow so large: the warm water round the hot oil pipes under the sea; the plentiful supply of food thrown overboard by the crews of the rigs; the total absence of fishing boats around the oil rigs.)

  27.就供需而言,经济型的中档轿车在

汽车市场上还是供货不足。(In terms of supply and demand, economical intermediate-grade cars are still in short supply on the auto market.)

  28.那是你不在的时候发生的。(It happened during // in your absence.)

  29.我不会接受任何我不在场的情况下做出的决定的。(I wouldn’t accept any decision made in my absence.)

  30.经理不在的时候,由我负责。(In the absence of the manager, I shall be in charge.)

发表评论 _COUNT_条
爱问(iAsk.com)
不支持Flash
·《对话城市》直播中国 ·新浪特许频道免责公告 ·企业邮箱换新颜 ·邮箱大奖等你拿