我们在打电话时会用到一些专门的单词和搭配，比如，词组 hold on 的意思是让对方等一下，先别挂电话；而词组 hang up 是“挂电话、挂断”的意思。与人通话时，还要分清并掌握正式和非正式说法的区别。来试试下面几道英语测试题吧！
1. I already owned a mobile phone so when I arrived in the UK I got a _________ so I didn't have to pay for a handset.
b) mobile phone bundle
c) SIM-only contract
2. Which of the following is an INFORMAL way to request call again later?
a) Give us a bell later and we'll have a chat.
b) Could you call me back this evening?
c) Please ring me back during office hours and we can continue our discussion.
d) Please hang up and redial the number required.
3. Which sentence requires the caller to wait to be attended to?
a) Give us a buzz later.
b) Could you hold the line please?
c) I have a call on another line.
d) Can you call me back later?
4. I can't speak now. I'll _________ in five minutes.
a) call you forward
b) call you over
c) call you round
d) call you back
5. Which sentence requires the caller to wait to be connected?
a) Hold on. I'll pull you through.
b) Hold on. I'll carry you through.
c) Hold on. I'll put you through.
d) Hold on. I'll follow you through.
6. Sorry the reception's bad on my mobile. Can you call my _________?
b) wired phone
c) non-mobile line
d) fax machine
1) c, 2) a, 3) b, 4) d, 5) c, 6) a.