1。 Don‘t push me。 不要逼我。
2。 Don‘t give me your attitude。 不要给我摆架子。
3。 Don‘t dream away your time。 不要虚度光阴。
4。 Don‘t you dare come back again? 你敢再回来?
5。 A flash in the pan。 昙花一现。
6。 He always likes to play a lone hand。 他总是喜欢单枪匹马。
7。 That boy never says uncle。 那个男孩嘴特硬。
8。 You rose to the bait。 你中圈套了。
9。 Play to the score。 随机应变
10。 I‘m from Missouri。 你骗不了我。
11。 He‘s a brain。 他是有头脑的人。
12。 This drought occurs once in a blue moon。 这场干旱是百年不遇的。
13。 How dare you! 你敢!
14。 In doing we learn。 经一事,长一智。
15。 Get off my back。 少跟我啰嗦。
16。 Keep your temper under control。 不要发脾气。
17。 That‘s enough of your back talk。 不许你回嘴。
18。 He is trying to cash in on me。 他想占我便宜。
19。 Don‘t chicken out。 Be a man! 不要退缩。像个男人!
20。 I‘m hard up。 我经济紧张。
21。 It‘s full of hot air。 满嘴跑火车/ 吹牛皮。
22。 He told me to get lost。 他叫我走开。
23。 What‘s in it for me? Or what’s my cut? Or what‘s my share? 我有什么好处?
24。 I got a big kick out of it。 这事真让我开心!
25。 He kicked the bucket。 他已经归天。
26。 Oh! You are killing me! 哦! 真是笑死我了。
27。 He is an operator。 他是个老滑头。
28。 He passed out。 他晕倒了。
29。 Don‘t be that way。 不要那个样子!
30。 You are casing pearls before swine。 你在对牛弹琴。
31。 Example is better than precept。 身教胜于言传。
32。 There is no one but hopes to be rich。 没有人不想发财。
33。 He really has no guts。 他真的没有胆量。
34。 He has a lot of ball。 他很能干
35。 Wow, this car is awesome。 Can I get a load of it? 哇,这辆车真棒。我可以好好看一看吗?
36。 I‘m totally maxed out。 我完全累坏了。
37。 Give me a hand。 帮我一个忙。
38。 Foot the bill。 付账。
39。 You‘re still wet behind the ears。 你还嫩点儿。
40。 He had racked his brain。 他已经绞尽脑汁了。
41。 Our team gained the upper hand。 我们队占上风。
42。 There go the house lights。 剧院的灯光灭了。
43。 She eats like a bird。 He eats like a horse。 她吃得很少。他很能吃。
44。 He got off on the wrong foot when he started doing。 他一开始就出师不利。
45。 In her hometown, she was a big fish in a small pond。 在她的家乡,她很了不起。
46。 He lives only a stone‘s throw from here。 他离这儿只有一步之遥。
47。 Our hopes were all gone。 我们的希望都成泡影了。
48。 Go ahead with you plan。 I am all for it。 继续你的计划吧, 我完全赞成。。
49。 He has his faults, but all in all, he is a good guy。 他有缺点,但总的来说是个好人。。
50。 Your explanation is as clear as mud。 你的解释一点都不清楚。
51。 I‘m really crazy about Michael Jackson’s Rock & Roll。 我真的迷上了迈克尔·杰克逊的摇滚乐。
52。 Their opinions on are simply for the birds。 他对艺术的见解真是荒唐可笑。
53。 I told him to beat it。 我叫他走开。
54。 I beat my brains out to get a job。 我为获得一份工作, 伤透了脑筋。
55。 When it comes to fishing, I beat him by miles。 说到钓鱼,我甩他几英里。
56。 Tell me what‘s your beef? 告诉我你抱怨什么?
57。 I‘ll come back before you know it。 我很快就回来。
58。 Please behave yourself before the guests。 在宾客面前你检点一点儿。
59。 He is the man behind the curtain (or behind the scenes)。 他是幕后人物。
60。 You need to make a case for your suggestions before you can get them approved。 在你的建议得到批准之前,你必须提出充分的理由。
61。 Don‘t tell others。 Let sleeping dog lie。 不要告诉别人莫惹是非。
62。 It‘s in God’s hands and we have prepared for the worst。 听天由命吧,我们已经做了最坏的准备了。
63。 When I knew I just being hired, I jumped out of my skin。 当我获知被录用时,我简直欣喜若狂。
64。 The whole team was in doghouse because they lost the game。 由于输掉比赛,整个队都陷入困境。
65。 I looked high and low for my pen。 我到处找我的钢笔。
66。 He got to know the ins and outs of the accidents。 他终于弄清了事情的前因后果。
67。 He left his wife high and dry。 他抛弃了他的妻子。
68。 If you remain stuck-up, they will often try to pull your leg。 假如你还是目中无人的话,他们会常常愚弄你的。
69。 How can we know whether a person is on the up and up by his appearance。 一个人的外表我们怎么能知道他是坦率的呢?
70。 He‘ll be out and about very soon。 他很快就能到户外运动了。
71。 He will not turn the cold shoulder on me when I am in trouble。 他不会在我困难的时候疏远我。
72。 It‘s not use talking to him, you’ll only waste your breath。 和他谈没有用,你只是在白费口舌。
73。 You gave me an awful pain in the neck。 你真让我觉得讨厌。
74。 The lummox has loused up their company‘s whole business。 那个傻大个把公司的业务搞得一团糟。
75。 When he asked me to marry him, I felt in a bind。 当他向我求婚时,我感到很尴尬。
76。 She knows her beans in working。 她在工作方面很精通。
77。 In his speech Mr。 Brown laid stress on the sagacity of cats。 布朗在演说中强调了猫的灵性。
78。 The criminal tried to grasp at a straw by feigning mental disorder。 罪犯装疯, 试图抓住一根救命稻草。
79。 Since he is as silly as a goose, he will not get a promotion。 既然他如此不开窍,他肯定不会得到提升。
80。 The mayor really made a slip of the tongue! 市长可真是说漏了嘴。
81。 John‘s friend said he was mistaken, but he stood his ground。 约翰的朋友说他错了,但他坚持己见。
82。 You can trust him, for he‘s honest through and through。 你可以信任他,因为他真正诚实的。
83。 Trying to study a lesson for one class during another class is like robbing Peter to pay Paul。 在一门课上读另一门课的功课,等于是拆东墙补西墙。
84。 Facing his enemy, he had to play it by ear。 面对敌人,他只能随机应变了。
85。 It‘s a hit。 这件事很受人欢迎!
86。 You hit the nail on the head。 你一针见血。
87。 It‘s all Greek to me。 我一点儿也不懂。
88。 He is always on the go。 他总是在忙。
89。 That‘s a good gimmick。 那是个好花招。
90。 He is a fast talker。 他是个吹牛大王。
91。 What‘s the gag? 这里面有什么奥妙吗?
92。 Drop dead。 滚开!
93。 What‘s eating you? 你有什么烦恼?
94。 You‘re impossible。 你不可救药。
95。 You‘re an asshole。 你这缺德鬼。
96。 You‘re a jerk。 你是个混蛋!
97。 Really? You‘re so bad。 真的吗?你真棒!
98。 Someday, when your ship comes in, you‘ll build your dream house。 总有一天,当你有钱时,你会造你的梦想的房子。
99。 Someday you‘re going to have to face the music for your actions。 总有一天你将不得不承担自己的行为带来的后果。
100。 We could make beautiful music together。 我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对。
来源:口袋英语精选微信公众账号
责任编辑:陈熙