|http://www.sina.com.cn 2005/04/08 19:11 希望之星文化中心|
Complete each of the following sentences with the most likely answer.(25 points)
1.I should say confidence comes not ______from how other people look at us as from how we look at ourselves.
A. so much B. as much
C. this much D. that much
2.The George Washington Bridge is a do
A. a B. an
C. the D. /
3. “Which books are yours?”
“Oh, ______over there, of course.”
A. this B. that
C. these D. those
4. Television, ______ came into being in 1939, did not become common until the early 1950s.
A. that B. what
C. which D. it
5. Many car accidents occur _______ drunk driving.
A. due to B. thanks to
C. because D. for
6. Finally after working hard for five years Jane ______ able to save her fare to Europe.
A. is B. was
C. will be D. would be
7.when we reached the cinema, the film _____ started, for there were no people at the entrance.
A. should have B. ought to have
C. had to have D. must have
8. The doctor suggested that the patient ________on a diet but he couldn’t resist the temptation of rich food.
A. goes B. go
C. went D. gone
9. You’d better leave _____usual. The heavy traffic on Monday mornings may hold you up.
A. early than B. early then
C. earlier than D. earlier then
10. No sooner _______home than he was asked to go on another business trip.
A. had he arrived B. he had arrived
C. has he arrived D. he has arrived