首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《魔法英语》课文译注 > 第二课:欢迎返校(1)

Lesson 2:Welcome back!(1)
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/08/06 13:56  新浪教育

  课文翻译

  1. Read and say朗读,说

  DAVID:Hi, Jim! What are you doing?

  戴维:嗨,吉姆,你干什么呢?

  JIM:Mr Wu wants me to give a talk in class tomorrow.

  吉姆:吴老师想让我在明天的课上作一个报告。

  DAVID:A talk? About what?

  戴维:作一个报告?关于哪方面的?

  JIM:I am thinking about what to say. Do you have any good ideas?

  吉姆:我正在考虑该说什么,你有什么好主意吗?

  DAVID:Oh, well, let me think. Why don't you talk about names?

  戴维:噢,让我想想。你为什么不谈谈关于名字的话题呢?

  JIM:Names?

  吉姆:名字?

  DAVID:Yeah, talk about the difference between Chinese and English names.

  戴维:是的,谈一谈中国名字和英国名字的区别。

  JIM:That's a good idea. Thanks.

  吉姆:好主意!谢谢!

  2. Read阅读

  WHAT's IN A NAME?

  名字是怎样组成的?

  A lot of English people have three names: a first name, a middle name

  很多英国人的名字由三部分构成:名、中间名、

  and a family name. Their family name comes last. For example, my full name

  和姓。他们把姓放在最后。例如,我的全名

  is James Allan Green. Green is my family name. I have two given names. My

  是詹姆斯-艾伦-格林。格林是我的姓。我有两个名字。我

  first name is James, and my middle name is Allan. To many people, the meaning

  的名字是詹姆斯,我的中间名是艾伦。对于很多人来说,名

  of a name is important. My name is James. James means“daiti”,and

  字的意思是非常重要的。我的名字是詹姆斯。詹姆斯意思是“daiti”,

  Allan means hexie。

  艾伦意思是“hexie”。

  People don't use their middle names very much. So“John Henry Brown”

  人们不常使用他们的中间名字。所以“约翰-亨利-布朗”

  is usually“John Brown”. People also don't use Mr, Mrs, Ms or Miss before

  通常称为“约翰-布朗”。人们也不把“先生、太太、女士、小姐”放在他们

  their first names. They usually use them with their last names. We can say

  的名字前,这些称呼通常和姓连用。我们可以

  John Brown or Mr Brown, but we can never say Mr John.

  说约翰-布朗或布朗先生,可我们从不说约翰先生。

  I think this is different from Chinese names. In China, the first name is the

  我想这和中国名字不同。在中国,姓在前

  family name and the last name is the given name. For example,“Zhou Jian”

  名在后。例如,“周建”

  puts his family name“Zhou”before his given name“Jian”.

  把姓“周”放在名“建”的前面。

  Why do people call me Jim? My name is James, but Jim is short for James.

  为什么人们叫我吉姆?我叫詹姆斯,可是吉姆是詹姆斯的简称。

  So just call me Jim!

  所以就叫我吉姆吧!

第二课:欢迎返校(1)

  重点-难点-考点及疑点注释

  1、Mr. Wu wants me to give a talk in class tomorrow.

  want sb to do sth意为“想让某人做某事”,give a talk意为“作报告”,talk在这是名词,意为“报告”。例如:The teacher is going to give a talk on English study.

  老师打算就英语学习问题作个报告。

  短语链接:give a speech作一次演讲

  give a show作一次表演

  2、I'm thinking about what to say.

  (1)think about意为“考虑”。

  (2)what to say是带疑问词的动词不定式,常用作宾语。例如:

  I don't know what to do.我不知道该做什么。

  3、Why don't you talk about names?

  本句由why加上否定疑问句构成。是向对方提出建议的一种表达法,后跟do sth.

  上面这句话也可表达成:Why not talk about names?

  4.be diffeient from意为“不同于”“区别于”。例如:

  This book is different from that one.

  这本书不同于那本书。

  5、Jim is short for James.

  be short for译成“的简称”。例如:

  Will is short for William.威尔是威廉的简称。

  UN is short for the United Nations. UN是联合国的缩略形式。

  Catherine is my name. You can call me Cathy for short.

  凯瑟琳是我的名字。为简短起见,你就叫我凯西吧。




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽