首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《魔法英语》课文译注 > 第十八课:我们去动物园好吗?(2)

第十八课:我们去动物园好吗?(2)
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/11/01 16:56  新浪教育

 

 课文翻译

  2. Read阅读…………………………………

  There is a zoo in our city. My parents often take me there on holidays. I

  我们城里有一个动物园。我的父母常在假日带我去那里。我

  like animals. I have a lot of toy animals in my room. In the zoo I can see

  喜欢动物。我的房间里有许多动物玩具。在动物园我能看到

  tigers, elephants, monkeys, pandas, bears, snakes and many other animals.

  老虎、大象、猴子、熊猫、熊、蛇以及许多其他的动物。

  Some animals are friendly, but some are not. Tigers, bears and some snakes

  有些动物很友好,但有些不友好。老虎、熊和一些蛇

  are dangerous. That is why they have to stay in cages. But I do not think it is

  很危险。那就是它们不得不呆在笼子里的原因。但是我认为动物

  good for animals to stay in cages. They should be free. The animals in cages

  呆在笼子里不好。他们应该是自由的。笼子里的动物

  cannot be happy.

  不可能是快乐的。

  Tigers usually live in forests and mountains. They can run very fast. They

  老虎通常生活在森林和大山里。它们跑得非常快。它们

  catch and eat small animals like rabbits and deer, but now they live in small

  捕捉像兔子和鹿之类的小动物吃。但是它们现在住在小

  rooms. They have nothing to do every day. So they walk round and round in

  房间里,每天没事干。所以这些动物在笼子里转来

  the cages, and they want to get out. When they are tired, they sleep. I feel

  转去,想要出去。它们累了的时候就睡觉。我为

  sorry for them.

  它们感到悲哀。

  I think the most interesting animal in the zoo is the dolphin. I like watc-

  我认为动物园里最有趣的动物是海豚。我喜欢看

  hing them swim and jump. They swim fast and they jump very high. They can

  它们游泳和跳水。它们游得快,跳得高。它们会

  play with a ball. They can stand up and“walk”on water! They are very

  玩球。它们能在水上站立和“走路”!它们对人非常

  friendly to people. If you fall /into/ the water and can't swim, they may come up

  友好。如果你掉进水里又不会游泳,它们会过来

  to help you.

  帮你。

第十八课:我们去动物园好吗?(2)

 

 重点·难点·考点及疑点注释

  1Do you think it is good for animals to live in a zoo?

  句中it是形式主语,真正的主语是for animals to live in a zoo,因为主语过长,所以后置,以保持句子平衡。

  2That is why they have to stay in cages.

  句中why they have to stay in cages是表语从句。

  注意表语从句用陈述语序。

  3But I do not think it is good for animals to stay in cages.

  动词think后跟含有否定意义的宾语从句时,常将否定词前置,但要注意译法。例如:

  我认为明天不会下雨。

  我们通常译为:I don't think it will rain tomorrow.

  而不译为:I think it won't rain tomorrow.

  4They should be free.

  在这里should是情态动词,一般表示“在我看来这是可取的”或“这是(你)应该做的事”,意为“应该”。例如:

  If you see anything strange you should call the police.

  如果你发现有什么奇怪的事情,就应该打电话给警方。

  5The animals in the cages can't be happy.

  介词短语in the cages在这里作定语,意为“笼子里的动物”,我们称之为后置定语。

  介词短语作定语时,通常位于修饰的名词之后;作状语时,通常位于句尾。试比较:

  The apples on the tree are all red.树上的苹果都红了。( on the tree作定语)

  There is a red apple on the plate.盘子里有个红苹果。(on the plate作状语)

  6They have nothing to do every day.

  句中to do是动词不定式作定语,修饰nothing。英语中动词不定式作定语时,通常放在所修饰的名词、代词之后。例如:

  The boy has a letter to write every week.那孩子每周有一封信要写。

  Would you like something to eat?你想吃些东西吗?

  7I like watching them swim and jump.

  在动词watch后的复合宾语中动词不定式不带to,意为“观看某人做某事”。例如:

  They like watching the children play basketball.他们喜欢看孩子们打篮球。

  8If you fall /into/ the water and can't swim, they may come up to help you.

  (1)在这里if意为“如果,假如”。例如:

  If it is fine tomorrow, I will go with you.

  如果明天天气好的话,我会和你一起去。

  注意if引导的时间状语从句中通常不用将来时态,如表达将来时的概念,应用一般现在时。

  (2)在这里come up意为“走到……附近”。例如:

  He comes up and says,“Nice to see you.”他走过来说,“见到你很高兴。”




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽