|http://www.sina.com.cn 2004/06/29 18:43 新浪教育|
1) A flash in the pan.
2) All joking aside, he's a good husband.
3) As you like.
4) Better late than never.
5) Calm down, you were just dreaming.
6) Come on, just try one more time.
7) Do know you are embarrassing me?
8) Don蒸 jump to conclusion.
9) Forget it, accidents happen.
10) Great minds think alike.
11) Great! That fried chicken is mouth-watering.
12) He has a sense of humor.
13) He is a psycho.
14) Her job is boring.
15) How come?
16) How time flies!
17) I don蒸 mean to be so rude, but…
18) I feel much better now.
19) I flunked math.
20) I want to keep you in suspense.
21) I wouldn蒸 look at it like that.
22) If you were in my shoes, you珍 be upset too.
23) It wasn蒸 a bed of roses.
24) It阵 just a cup of tea.
25) Just play dumb.
26) Mary阵 father has a cold heart.
27) Mike and his brother deserve it.
28) Mike is really funny.
29) No problem, I can handle it.
30) No sweat.
31) Pardon me, please.
32) Really? How can you tell?
33) She is under the weather.
34) Take it easy.
35) The days are getting longer.
36) The man is absolutely a loser.
37) They will be there any time now.
38) This situation does not involve that woman.
39) Everything will be fine.
40) Don蒸 be such a stick-in-the-mud!
41) Don蒸 hog the bathroom!
42) Don蒸 look wise.
43) East, west, home is best.
44) Fancy meeting you here.
45) He eats like a bird.
46) He is mad at himself.
47) How much should I tip at a restaurant?
48) Hurry up.
49) I am afraid you missed the point.
50) I am here on business.
51) I am just for killing the time.
52) I don蒸 mind staying up late.
53) I don蒸 see how you can do it so well?
54) I feel sick as a dog.
55) I hope this will teach you a lesson.
56) I keep in touch with my family regularly.
57) I think you might have some psychological problems.
58) I was just being honest.
59) I will just play it by ear.
60) I侦l treat you.
61) I枕 stressed out. I need some rest.
62) If everything goes right.
63) It can蒸 be real!
64) It couldn蒸 be better.
65) It is a matter of life and death.
66) It rather surprised me.
67) It sounds like a drag to me.
68) It阵 in God阵 hands.
69) It阵 no joke if I can蒸 graduate.
70) It阵 no use complaining.
71) It阵 up to you.
72) Just let it be.
73) Mary got the ax.
74) Mary looks low on energy.
75) Money will come and go.
76) Move out of my way!
77) My life is an open book and I have no secret.
78) My mother and father passed away when I was a little child.
79) None of your business!
80) Oh, you are kidding me.
81) Play to the score.
82) Please take my best regards to your wife.
83) She looks blue.
84) She was born with musical talent.
85) Any one in sight?
86) That阵 exactly right.
87) The die is cast!
88) Time is running out.
89) Well, I wasn蒸 born yesterday.
90) What阵 that wonderful smell?
91) Who is to blame?
92) Why didn蒸 I think of that?
93) You are a chicken.
94) You are a lucky dog.
95) You are as pretty as a picture.
96) You are gonna be in a big trouble.
97) You are in over your head.
98) You did fairly well.
99) You get what you pay for.
100) You need to lighten up!
1) A crowd gathered to see what had happened.
2) A good lawyer might be able to get you off.
3) A wolf in its lair.
4) After a lapse of several years Jack came back to see us.
5) After a week in space, the spacecraft returned to earth.
6) After he had killed her, he dragged her into the bushes.
7) After this dry weather, everyone hopes for rain.
8) Ann kept coming to work even when she was ill; Ann’s a real glutton for punishment.
9) Ann turned her gaze from one person to the other.
10) Anybody home?
11) Are you OK?
12) At last it's come home to me how much I owe to my parents.
13) At sunset the sky became a kaleidoscope of colors.
14) Babies kick to exercise their legs.
15) Being a passionate person!
16) Bill broke a leg and was hospitalized for a month.
17) Bill doesn't give a hoot whether he passes his examination or not.
18) Bill fell and hurt himself, but he was game enough to get up and try again.
19) Bill isn't forceful enough to be a good leader.
20) Bill put a lot of money into the firm with the hope of gain in the future.
21) Bill scribbled me a note.
22) Bill tried to pretend that he wasn't worried, but his shaking hands gave him away.
23) Bill went on even though no one was listening.
24) Bill's an annoying man and I'll be glad to see the last of him.
25) Bill's not old enough to go out to work..
26) Bill's so gullible that you could sell him anything.
27) Calm down, don't be panic.
28) Can you find a hold for your hands so that you can pull yourself up?
29) Carry the cup carefully and don't jiggle it, or you'll spill the tea.
30) Cross talk appeals to me.
31) Cut down your smoke.
32) Did you report the loss of your car to the police?
33) Do you like half and half in your coffee?
34) Don't joke with them about religion.
35) Don't leave your money lying in the bank, spend it.
36) Don't treat those criminals with kid gloves.
37) Don't worry about the examination. Just put your best foot forward and do what you can.
38) Don't you dare?
39) Eat more and smoke less.
40) Excuse the mess, please.
41) For this job you need a lot of patience, likewise you need a sense of humor.
42) George hikes up the hill successfully.
43) George is jealous of his possessions.
44) Guard the secret with your life, don't tell it to anyone.
45) Have you had lunch yet?
46) He is a man of a few words.
47) He is a real two-timer.
48) He is my significant other.
49) He is very musical.
50) He is very outgoing.
51) He left angrily.
52) He lost his temper.
53) He ran to dorm at a fantastic speed.
54) He really likes to play the fields.
55) He's letting his beard grow.
56) Her angry words jolted him out of the belief that she loved him.
57) Jean's eyes lit up when she saw me.
58) Her grief is a heavy load to bear.
59) Her long illness gradually sapped her strength.
60) Her mom leaned forward/over to hear what Mary was saying.
61) Her unhappy childhood is the key to her character.
62) Hew out of mountain of despair a stone of hope.
63) His car accident was a lesson to him/taught him a lesson; Jack won't drive so fast again.
64) Tom's illness is so serious; he is unlikely to live.
65) His pants were baggy at the knees.
66) Jack's political career began when he was elected to the Senate 20 years ago.
67) How come I wasn't told?
68) How is this dish prepared?
69) However I cook eggs, Ann still refuses to eat them.
70) I am a lion-hearted man.
71) I am a man of heart.
72) I am a man of passion.
73) I am so hungry; I could eat a horse.
74) I can't carry that bag; my hands are full.
75) I can't really afford it, but I want to buy it none the less.
76) I can't understand you if you keep jabbering (away) like that.
77) I don't like his books because they all have a certain sameness about them.
78) I don't want to see anyone today, least of all him!
79) I feel sick as a dog.
80) I fell in like with you.
81) I glanced around the room before I left.
82) I got a very short memory.
83) I had a big headache.
84) I hate you.
85) I have to help them because they're my own flesh and blood.
86) I haven't heard from him since Tom telephoned.
87) I heard the exam will be very tough.
88) I heard you cheated on your exams.
89) I hinted that I was dissatisfied with his work.
90) I hope they'll leave soon. I want to go to bed.
91) I knew that something was going to happen, and I was very jumpy.
92) I know the child's in good hands when she's with her aunt.
93) I know you're busy; I won't keep you.
94) I lit a cigarette to calm my nerves.
95) I love to pig out on junk food.
96) I love you for you.
97) I promise to behave better henceforth.
98) I smoke out of habit, not for pleasure.
99) I spent the morning just lazing.
100) I started to offer help, but the fierce glare on his face stopped me.
101) I took what Tom said literally, but afterwards it became clear that he really meant something else.
102) I want all the juicy details.
103) I want the director himself, not his secretary.
104) I was deeply hurt.
105) I was given a life when I heard that I passed my exams.
106) I was relieved of my position.
107) I wouldn't look at such a small offer.
108) I'll leave it until tomorrow.
109) I'm an old hand at this game; you can't trick me.
110) I'm dead tired by the quitting time.
111) I'm glad to see the two girls hitting it off so well.
112) I'm in limbo, waiting to know if I've got the job or not.
113) I'm new on the job but I'm already gaining experience.
114) I'm such a heavy sleeper that the explosion didn't wake me.
115) I've got to finish the work so I don't have him hounding me all the time.
116) I've known him drink twelve glasses of beer in an evening.
117) I've never liked her.
118) If you are rude to the boss, it may jeopardize your chances of success.
119) If you listen hard, you can hear what the neighbors are saying.
120) If you snack too much, you may get fat.
121) If you won't cook your own dinner, then you'll have to go hungry.
122) Is there a link between smoking and lung diseases?
123) Is there any parties going on tonight?
124) It grieves me to see him in such bad health.
125) It was a godsend to have him there just when we needed someone.
126) It was bitterly cold.
127) It was more than I could bear.
128) It was very hairy driving down that narrow road in the darkness.
129) It's hard to know what Tom's really thinking.
130) It's raining cats and dogs.
131) It's too steep.
132) It's very light; a child could lift it.
133) Jack did it for a joke; he didn't mean any harm.
134) Jack has a knack of making friends wherever he goes.
135) Jack has rather jaundiced opinions about all these modern ideas.
136) Jack is very generous.
137) Jean failed her examination, and she's taking it very hard.
138) Jean got life imprisonment for killing the policeman.
139) Jean has a level head/is level-headed about money.
140) Jean's still feeling a little low after her operation.
141) Join this pipe to the other one.
142) Keep an account of what you spend.
143) Law and order is necessary for a peaceful society.
144) Lemonade is my favorite.
145) Let's be on the safe side and take more money than we think we'll need.
146) Let's hit the mall.
147) Let's try a different line of approach to the problem.
148) Life seems to be getting harder for everyone.
149) Lisa has a good job in a bank.
150) Lisa is the most likely/the likeliest of the people to ask for the job.
151) Lisa was lolling in a chair with her arms hanging over the sides.
152) Love makes the world go around.
153) Luckily, Jean was in when I called.
154) Mary always jests about her feelings towards him.
155) Mary bravely laughed off her pain.
156) Mary jabbed his stick into the ground.
157) Mary kept his secret for 15 years.
158) Mary left her job largely because she was bored.
159) Mary told us most of the story but kept back the part about her parents.
160) Mary was leading up to a request for money with her kind words.
161) Mary would never knowingly hurt anyone.
162) Moisten the towel with cold water and apply it to the wound.
163) Money talks.
164) Most young people are hooked on the rock and roll.
165) My boss expects me to work day and night.
166) My father wasn't there when I came in late, but he gave me hell in the morning.
167) My feelings were hurt when Bill didn't ask me to the party.
168) My girl friend is a cheer leader.
169) Never say die.
170) No money, no honey.
171) Nothing is more important than health.
172) Once Bill threw down the gauntlet, I had to fight.
173) Optimism makes miracles!
174) Our boss doesn't give us any slack.
175) People often have to fight for their liberty.
176) Please help me; I can't do it alone.
177) Please state your name, age, and occupation on the form.
178) Sandy crosses the desert by jeep.
179) Save your breath; you'll never change her mind.
180) She likes to go from man to man.
181) Short skirts went out a few years ago, but they've come back again.
182) Since Ann went to college, Ann's grown away from the family.
183) Smoking relaxes me.
184) Snow lay thick on the ground.
185) Sorry for being tardy again.
186) Sue's in prison.
187) Take heed of/pay heed to what I say, if you want to succeed.
188) Tennis and swimming is her killer of time.
189) That isn't in line with my ideas at all.
190) That little girl is very forward.
191) That shelf is too high for me; I can't reach it.
192) That wall leans so much that it might fall over.
193) That was a good hit， it almost saved the game.
194) That will lank him in prison.
195) The baby can't even walk, let alone run.
196) The bill should be paid by Friday, but they're giving us a week's grace.
197) The child danced with glee when he heard the good news.
198) The child's pretty lovely.
199) The company is in difficulties at the moment, but we expect it to do well in the long run.
200) The crowds jammed the streets, and no cars could pass.
201) The directors will hand down their decision tomorrow.
202) The doctor listened to the rapid heartbeat of the sick child.
203) The dog jealously guarded its bone.
204) The escaped prisoner had been in hiding for two weeks when the police found him.
205) The fall jarred every bone in David's body.
206) The famous actor now lives in seclusion.
207) They fleeced me.
208) The food wasn't good, but at least it was cheap.
209) The greedy little boy ate all the food at the party.
210) The hours I spent with you were the happiest of my life.
211) The house is too small, and furthermore, it's too far from the city.
212) The leaders will hold off making a decision until Monday.
213) The livings are more important to us than the dead.
214) The mall is packed today.
215) The man's familiar behavior angered the woman.
216) The man's furtive manner made the policeman watch him to see what he would do.
217) The most beautiful in the world is your face.
218) The motion of the train soon lulled me to sleep.
219) The news of his death made me very sad.
220) The next train will be less crowded than this one.
221) The old bus jerked to a stop.
222) The party was a complete flop: nobody enjoyed it.
223) The pillars look solid, but in fact they're hollow.
224) The plane flew off the course.
225) The plants died through /for lack of water.
226) The police held the angry crowd back.
227) The police let him off, but warned him not to do it again.
228) The politician leaked the news to the newspapers.
229) The politician is a baby kisser.
230) The ship keeled over in the storm.
231) The sight of the dead body gave me the dry heaves.
232) The silly boy lapped up all their praise.
233) The skirt comes just below my knees.
234) The snow was blowing in her face, but Ann gritted her teeth and went on.
235) The spot captures the imagination of travelers.
236) The story was fabricated and completely untrue.
237) The teacher told the whole class that my family was poor; I've never felt so humiliated.
238) The truck refused to give way to the car, and so they caused an accident.
239) The wall juts out here to allow room for the chimney.
240) The water had sculptured the rocks into strange shapes.
241) The weather was so hot and humid that we all felt uncomfortable.
242) The wind kissed her hair.
243) The wood was wet and wouldn't kindle easily.
244) There homegrown apples taste better than the ones from abroad.
245) There seems to be a jinx on our team, because we always lose.
246) There's no logic in spending money on useless things.
247) There's no need to make such hurtful remarks.
248) They goaded him into doing it by saying he was a coward.
249) They grinned with pleasure when I gave them the candy.
250) They had a legitimate reason for being late.
251) They knew full well that Bill wouldn't keep his promise.
252) They leveled all the old trees to make way for the road.
253) They robbed me blind.
254) They took several liberties with the original story when they turned it into a film.
255) They urged her to go with them.
256) This car handles like a tank.
257) This dress is too long; I have to take the hem up.
258) This is a handy little tool.
259) This wire is too stiff to knot easily.
260) This writer has scored again with another popular book.
261) To be frank, I'm the one who broke your watch.
262) Tom always gets annoyed when I beat him at cards; Tom's a bad loser.
263) Tom haggled for hours over the price of the donkey.
264) Tom has been playing tennis as a professional for two years.
265) Tom has done a little of work all week.
266) Tom has remained loyal to the team even though they lose every game.
267) Tom seems rather mean, but he has a kind heart.
268) Tom took a long time to get here.
269) Tom took all the money and left me high and dry.
270) Tom's a habitual smoker; he always has a cigarette after dinner.
271) Trust yourself!
272) Turn on the juice and let's see if this radio works now.
273) We all left the building after a telephone caller said there was a bomb, but it was just a hoax.
274) We can only settle this argument if there is a little give and take on both sides.
275) We can't afford to spend money on luxuries.
276) We gabbed on the telephone for hours.
277) We have a lot in common.
278) We have always paid the rent on Mondays.
279) We should stay closely with the government about this.
280) We tried to change his mind, but Bill held to his decision.
281) We walked the length of the street.
282) We'll have to hurry up in order to finish on Friday.
283) What a fool you are!
284) What's your ideal man like?
285) When you get through with your work, let's go out.
286) Who can say how it happened?
287) Will you let me know if you can't come to dinner?
288) Words aren't enough to say how much I love you.
289) Would you like to go to the movies tonight?
290) You can make it!
291) You cover every inch of my heart.
292) You keep getting fatter and fatter.
293) You must be mistaken.
294) You must be tired, but try to hang on till all the work's finished.
295) You really need to shed some fat.
296) You're hedging again——have you or haven't you got the money?
297) Your boy friend is a bag of bones.
298) Your car needs a tune-up.
299) Youth is a state of mind.
300) Youth is not a time of life.
|【英语学习论坛】【评论】【大 中 小】【打印】【关闭】|