新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 美国口语超级学习法--口语的革命 > 口语兴奋剂

口语兴奋剂
http://www.sina.com.cn 2004/06/29 18:43  新浪教育

  PART ONE

  1) A flash in the pan.

  昙花一现。

  2) All joking aside, he's a good husband.

  说真的,他确实是个好丈夫。

  3) As you like.

  随你便吧。

  4) Better late than never.

  亡羊补牢,为时不晚。

  5) Calm down, you were just dreaming.

  冷静点,你只是在做梦呢。

  6) Come on, just try one more time.

  加油,再尝试一次。

  7) Do know you are embarrassing me?

  你知道你令我尴尬么?

  8) Don蒸 jump to conclusion.

  不要妄下结论。

  9) Forget it, accidents happen.

  算了吧,什么事情都可能发生的。

  10) Great minds think alike.

  英雄所见略同。

  11) Great! That fried chicken is mouth-watering.

  太棒了,这只烤鸡好吃得让人流口水。

  12) He has a sense of humor.

  他有幽默感。

  13) He is a psycho.

  他心理变态。

  14) Her job is boring.

  她的工作很无聊。

  15) How come?

  为什么?

  16) How time flies!

  时间过得真快啊。

  17) I don蒸 mean to be so rude, but…

  我并无意冒犯。

  18) I feel much better now.

  我感觉好多了。

  19) I flunked math.

  我数学没及格。

  20) I want to keep you in suspense.

  我要吊吊你的胃口。

  21) I wouldn蒸 look at it like that.

  我不这么看待这个问题。

  22) If you were in my shoes, you珍 be upset too.

  如果你是我,同样也会沮丧的。

  23) It wasn蒸 a bed of roses.

  并非一帆风顺。

  24) It阵 just a cup of tea.

  小菜一碟,很容易搞定。

  25) Just play dumb.

  装傻就好了。

  26) Mary阵 father has a cold heart.

  玛丽的父亲是个冷心肠。

  27) Mike and his brother deserve it.

  麦克和他的兄弟活该。

  28) Mike is really funny.

  麦克很搞笑。

  29) No problem, I can handle it.

  没问题,我能搞定。

  30) No sweat.

  小事儿。

  31) Pardon me, please.

  劳驾。

  32) Really? How can you tell?

  真的吗?你怎么看出来的?

  33) She is under the weather.

  她心情不好。

  34) Take it easy.

  别当回事儿,没什么大不了的。

  35) The days are getting longer.

  白天越来越长了。

  36) The man is absolutely a loser.

  这个男人是个彻头彻尾的窝囊废。

  37) They will be there any time now.

  他们随时都会到的。

  38) This situation does not involve that woman.

  那个女士跟这件事情无关。

  39) Everything will be fine.

  一切都会好的。

  40) Don蒸 be such a stick-in-the-mud!

  别扫兴。

  41) Don蒸 hog the bathroom!

  别占着洗手间。

  42) Don蒸 look wise.

  别自作聪明。

  43) East, west, home is best.

  金窝、银窝,不如自己的草窝。

  44) Fancy meeting you here.

  很高兴能在这里碰到你。

  45) He eats like a bird.

  他吃得特别少。

  46) He is mad at himself.

  他正跟自己生气呢。

  47) How much should I tip at a restaurant?

  在餐厅里我应该付给多少小费?

  48) Hurry up.

  快一点。

  49) I am afraid you missed the point.

  恐怕您是误解我的意思了。

  50) I am here on business.

  我来这里出差。

  51) I am just for killing the time.

  我只是想消磨时光。

  52) I don蒸 mind staying up late.

  我不在乎熬夜。

  53) I don蒸 see how you can do it so well?

  我不明白你怎么能做得这么好。

  54) I feel sick as a dog.

  我病得厉害。

  55) I hope this will teach you a lesson.

  我希望这会给你一个教训。

  56) I keep in touch with my family regularly.

  我定期和家人保持联系。

  57) I think you might have some psychological problems.

  我想你可能心理上有问题。

  58) I was just being honest.

  我不过是说了实话吗?

  59) I will just play it by ear.

  我自己随机应变。

  60) I侦l treat you.

  我请客。

  61) I枕 stressed out. I need some rest.

  我筋疲力尽了,需要休息。

  62) If everything goes right.

  如果一切顺利的话。

  63) It can蒸 be real!

  太不可思议了。

  64) It couldn蒸 be better.

  再好不过了。

  65) It is a matter of life and death.

  事关生死,责任重大。

  66) It rather surprised me.

  这使我惊讶不已。

  67) It sounds like a drag to me.

  听起来很无聊。

  68) It阵 in God阵 hands.

  听天由命吧。

  69) It阵 no joke if I can蒸 graduate.

  如果毕不了业,可不是闹着玩的。

  70) It阵 no use complaining.

  抱怨是没有用的。

  71) It阵 up to you.

  你决定吧。

  72) Just let it be.

  就这样吧。

  73) Mary got the ax.

  玛丽被炒鱿鱼了。

  74) Mary looks low on energy.

  玛丽看起来无精打采。

  75) Money will come and go.

  钱财来来去去,乃身外之物。

  76) Move out of my way!

  让开。

  77) My life is an open book and I have no secret.

  我的生活很明了,没有秘密可言。

  78) My mother and father passed away when I was a little child.

  当我还小的时候,我父母就去世了。

  79) None of your business!

  不关你的事。

  80) Oh, you are kidding me.

  你啊,别跟我开玩笑了。

  81) Play to the score.

  见机行事。

  82) Please take my best regards to your wife.

  请给你妻子带好。

  83) She looks blue.

  她看上去很忧伤。

  84) She was born with musical talent.

  她生来就具备音乐天赋。

  85) Any one in sight?

  你有意中人吗?

  86) That阵 exactly right.

  完全正确。

  87) The die is cast!

  这已成定局了。

  88) Time is running out.

  没有时间了。

  89) Well, I wasn蒸 born yesterday.

  我已经不是个小孩子了。

  90) What阵 that wonderful smell?

  什么味道这么香?

  91) Who is to blame?

  能怪谁呢?

  92) Why didn蒸 I think of that?

  我怎么就没有想到呢?

  93) You are a chicken.

  你是个胆小鬼。

  94) You are a lucky dog.

  你是个幸运儿。

  95) You are as pretty as a picture.

  你简直像画一样美丽。

  96) You are gonna be in a big trouble.

  你大祸临头了。

  97) You are in over your head.

  你已经晕头转向了。

  98) You did fairly well.

  你干得很好。

  99) You get what you pay for.

  物有所值。

  100) You need to lighten up!

  你需要放松一下。

  PART TWO

  1) A crowd gathered to see what had happened.

  聚集了一群人,看到底发生了什么事。

  2) A good lawyer might be able to get you off.

  一个好律师也许能够帮你不受惩罚。

  3) A wolf in its lair.

  一只藏在窝里的狼。

  4) After a lapse of several years Jack came back to see us.

  过了几年之后,杰克回来看我们。

  5) After a week in space, the spacecraft returned to earth.

  宇宙飞船在太空运行了 一个星期后回到了地面上。

  6) After he had killed her, he dragged her into the bushes.

  他把她杀了,然后拖到了灌木丛中。

  7) After this dry weather, everyone hopes for rain.

  在这样干燥的天气之后,大家都希望能下雨。

  8) Ann kept coming to work even when she was ill; Ann’s a real glutton for punishment.

  安生病了还继续来工作,真是一个不怕受罪的人。

  9) Ann turned her gaze from one person to the other.

  安凝视的目光从一个人转到另一个人身上。

  10) Anybody home?

  有人在家吗?

  11) Are you OK?

  你没事吧?

  12) At last it's come home to me how much I owe to my parents.

  我终于了解了父母给我的恩惠有多么大。

  13) At sunset the sky became a kaleidoscope of colors.

  夕阳西下时,天空的颜色千变万化。

  14) Babies kick to exercise their legs.

  婴儿常踢腿来运动他们的腿部。

  15) Being a passionate person!

  做一个有激情的人。

  16) Bill broke a leg and was hospitalized for a month.

  比尔摔断了腿,被送进医院住了一个月。

  17) Bill doesn't give a hoot whether he passes his examination or not.

  比尔对考试及格还是不及格一点都不在乎。

  18) Bill fell and hurt himself, but he was game enough to get up and try again.

  比尔跌倒摔伤了,但他勇敢地爬起来再做努力。

  19) Bill isn't forceful enough to be a good leader.

  比尔不够坚强,不能成为好领袖。

  20) Bill put a lot of money into the firm with the hope of gain in the future.

  比尔把很多钱投到这家公司希望以后获利。

  21) Bill scribbled me a note.

  比尔潦潦草草地给我写了个便条。

  22) Bill tried to pretend that he wasn't worried, but his shaking hands gave him away.

  比尔使劲装作不担心的样子,但他抖动的双手暴露了真情。

  23) Bill went on even though no one was listening.

  虽然没有人在听,比尔还是继续往下讲。

  24) Bill's an annoying man and I'll be glad to see the last of him.

  比尔是个很讨厌的人,我很高兴不和他来往。

  25) Bill's not old enough to go out to work..

  比尔年纪还不够大,不能出去工作。

  26) Bill's so gullible that you could sell him anything.

  比尔非常容易上当,你骗他什么他都相信。

  27) Calm down, don't be panic.

  冷静下来,不要慌。

  28) Can you find a hold for your hands so that you can pull yourself up?

  你能不能找到一个手抓得住的地方爬上去?

  29) Carry the cup carefully and don't jiggle it, or you'll spill the tea.

  小心端那个杯子,别摇晃它,不然你会把茶洒出来。

  30) Cross talk appeals to me.

  我喜欢听相声。

  31) Cut down your smoke.

  少抽点烟吧。

  32) Did you report the loss of your car to the police?

  你把你丢失汽车的事向警察报告了吗?

  33) Do you like half and half in your coffee?

  你喜不喜欢在咖啡里加些牛奶和奶油.

  34) Don't joke with them about religion.

  可别在宗教上跟他们开玩笑。

  35) Don't leave your money lying in the bank, spend it.

  别把你的钱存放在银行里,花掉它。

  36) Don't treat those criminals with kid gloves.

  不要对那些罪犯心慈手软。

  37) Don't worry about the examination. Just put your best foot forward and do what you can.

  别担心考试,尽你最大的努力就行了。

  38) Don't you dare?

  你敢吗?

  39) Eat more and smoke less.

  多吃点,少抽点。

  40) Excuse the mess, please.

  我这里很乱,请原谅。

  41) For this job you need a lot of patience, likewise you need a sense of humor.

  做这项工作,你需要有很大的耐心;你也需要有幽默感。

  42) George hikes up the hill successfully.

  乔治成功地爬上了山。

  43) George is jealous of his possessions.

  乔治惟恐失去他的财产。

  44) Guard the secret with your life, don't tell it to anyone.

  用生命来保守秘密,不可告诉任何人。

  45) Have you had lunch yet?

  你吃午饭了吗?

  46) He is a man of a few words.

  他是一个内向的人。

  47) He is a real two-timer.

  他用情不专。

  48) He is my significant other.

  他是我的最爱。

  49) He is very musical.

  他很有乐感。

  50) He is very outgoing.

  他很外向。

  51) He left angrily.

  他生气地走了。

  52) He lost his temper.

  他发火了。

  53) He ran to dorm at a fantastic speed.

  他很快地跑回宿舍。

  54) He really likes to play the fields.

  他不喜欢做出承诺。

  55) He's letting his beard grow.

  他任凭自己的胡子往长里长。

  56) Her angry words jolted him out of the belief that she loved him.

  她愤怒的话语使他以为她爱他的信心动摇了。

  57) Jean's eyes lit up when she saw me.

  当简见到我时,她的眼睛喜悦地一亮。

  58) Her grief is a heavy load to bear.

  她的悲痛沉重得难以忍受。

  59) Her long illness gradually sapped her strength.

  她长期有病,身体慢慢地垮了。

  60) Her mom leaned forward/over to hear what Mary was saying.

  她妈妈向前探过身子去听玛莉在说什么。

  61) Her unhappy childhood is the key to her character.

  她不幸的童年是形成她性格的关键。

  62) Hew out of mountain of despair a stone of hope.

  从绝望之山上砍下来一块希望之石。

  63) His car accident was a lesson to him/taught him a lesson; Jack won't drive so fast again.

  杰克那次车祸给了他一次教训;他再也不开快车了。

  64) Tom's illness is so serious; he is unlikely to live.

  汤姆的病情很严重,看来不太可能会活下来。

  65) His pants were baggy at the knees.

  他的裤子在膝盖处鼓鼓囊囊的。

  66) Jack's political career began when he was elected to the Senate 20 years ago.

  杰克20年前当选为参议员之后,就开始了他的政治生涯。

  67) How come I wasn't told?

  我怎么没有听说过?

  68) How is this dish prepared?

  这道菜是怎么做的?

  69) However I cook eggs, Ann still refuses to eat them.

  我不论用什么方法做鸡蛋,安仍然不吃。

  70) I am a lion-hearted man.

  我是一个勇敢的人。

  71) I am a man of heart.

  我是一个有心人。

  72) I am a man of passion.

  我是一个有激情的人。

  73) I am so hungry; I could eat a horse.

  我饿死了。

  74) I can't carry that bag; my hands are full.

  我提不了那个袋子,我的双手都拿了东西。

  75) I can't really afford it, but I want to buy it none the less.

  我真是买不起它,可是我还是想要买它。

  76) I can't understand you if you keep jabbering (away) like that.

  如果你持续那样急促不清楚地说话,那我可听不懂你在说些什么。

  77) I don't like his books because they all have a certain sameness about them.

  我不喜欢他的书,因为他的书里内容几乎全是一样。

  78) I don't want to see anyone today, least of all him!

  我今天谁也不想见,特别是不想见他。

  79) I feel sick as a dog.

  我病得很厉害。

  80) I fell in like with you.

  我喜欢你。

  81) I glanced around the room before I left.

  我离开房间以前扫视了一下四周。

  82) I got a very short memory.

  我的记忆力很差。

  83) I had a big headache.

  我的头疼得厉害。

  84) I hate you.

  讨厌。

  85) I have to help them because they're my own flesh and blood.

  我必须帮助他们,因为他们是我的亲骨肉。

  86) I haven't heard from him since Tom telephoned.

  自从汤姆打电话来以后,我再没有听到他的消息。

  87) I heard the exam will be very tough.

  我听说考试挺难的。

  88) I heard you cheated on your exams.

  我听说你考试作弊了。

  89) I hinted that I was dissatisfied with his work.

  我向他暗示了我对他的工作不满意。

  90) I hope they'll leave soon. I want to go to bed.

  我希望他们马上离开,我想睡觉了。

  91) I knew that something was going to happen, and I was very jumpy.

  我知道就要发生什么事了,心惊肉跳得厉害.

  92) I know the child's in good hands when she's with her aunt.

  我知道当这女孩和姨妈住在一起时,受到了精心的照顾。

  93) I know you're busy; I won't keep you.

  我知道你忙,我不会耽误你。

  94) I lit a cigarette to calm my nerves.

  我点燃一支烟,冷静下来。

  95) I love to pig out on junk food.

  我爱吃零食。

  96) I love you for you.

  我真心爱你。

  97) I promise to behave better henceforth.

  我保证从今以后要表现得好一些。

  98) I smoke out of habit, not for pleasure.

  我抽烟是出于习惯,而不是为了乐趣。

  99) I spent the morning just lazing.

  我整个上午全都懒散地混过去了。

  100) I started to offer help, but the fierce glare on his face stopped me.

  我正想要帮助他,但他脸上凶恶的表情把我吓住了。

  101) I took what Tom said literally, but afterwards it became clear that he really meant something else.

  我原先只按字面来理解汤姆说的话,但后来才明白他实际上指的是别的事情。

  102) I want all the juicy details.

  我要知道其中有味道的详情。

  103) I want the director himself, not his secretary.

  我要找主任本人,不是他的秘书。

  104) I was deeply hurt.

  我被伤得不轻。

  105) I was given a life when I heard that I passed my exams.

  当我听到我通过了考试的时候,感到精神振奋。

  106) I was relieved of my position.

  我被撤职了。

  107) I wouldn't look at such a small offer.

  那么少的报酬我看不上眼。

  108) I'll leave it until tomorrow.

  我现在处理不了这件事,留着明天再办吧。

  109) I'm an old hand at this game; you can't trick me.

  干这种行当我是个老手,你哄骗不了我。

  110) I'm dead tired by the quitting time.

  下班时,我都快累死了。

  111) I'm glad to see the two girls hitting it off so well.

  我高兴地看到这两个女孩相处得十分融洽。

  112) I'm in limbo, waiting to know if I've got the job or not.

  我心神不定,一直在等着我是否得到了这个职位的消息。

  113) I'm new on the job but I'm already gaining experience.

  干这工作我是新手,但我已经有了些经验。

  114) I'm such a heavy sleeper that the explosion didn't wake me.

  我总是睡觉睡得很死,连爆炸声都没有把我吵醒。

  115) I've got to finish the work so I don't have him hounding me all the time.

  我得把工作做完,这样才不会让他老是逼着我。

  116) I've known him drink twelve glasses of beer in an evening.

  我见过他一晚上就喝12杯啤酒。

  117) I've never liked her.

  我从来都不喜欢她。

  118) If you are rude to the boss, it may jeopardize your chances of success.

  如果你对老板没有礼貌,就可能危及到你成功的机会。

  119) If you listen hard, you can hear what the neighbors are saying.

  如果你用心听,你会听到邻居们在说些什么。

  120) If you snack too much, you may get fat.

  零食吃的太多,你会长胖的。

  121) If you won't cook your own dinner, then you'll have to go hungry.

  如果你不打算做饭,那你只好挨饿了。

  122) Is there a link between smoking and lung diseases?

  吸烟和肺部的疾病有没有关系?

  123) Is there any parties going on tonight?

  今晚有聚会吗?

  124) It grieves me to see him in such bad health.

  他的健康状况如此糟,真使我伤心。

  125) It was a godsend to have him there just when we needed someone.

  我们正需要人手他就来了,真是好运气。

  126) It was bitterly cold.

  天冷得刺骨。

  127) It was more than I could bear.

  我忍不住了。

  128) It was very hairy driving down that narrow road in the darkness.

  黑暗中在那条窄路上开车,真有些让人担惊受怕.

  129) It's hard to know what Tom's really thinking.

  很难弄清楚汤姆在想些什么。

  130) It's raining cats and dogs.

  雨下得很大。

  131) It's too steep.

  太贵了。

  132) It's very light; a child could lift it.

  这东西很轻,小孩子也能把它提起来。

  133) Jack did it for a joke; he didn't mean any harm.

  杰克只是闹着玩才那样做的,他并没有想伤害别人。

  134) Jack has a knack of making friends wherever he goes.

  杰克有一种走到哪里都能交到朋友的本事。

  135) Jack has rather jaundiced opinions about all these modern ideas.

  杰克对所有这些现代观念都抱有相当偏颇的看法。

  136) Jack is very generous.

  杰克非常慷慨。

  137) Jean failed her examination, and she's taking it very hard.

  简考试不及格,因此非常难过。

  138) Jean got life imprisonment for killing the policeman.

  简因杀害那个警察被判处无期徒刑。

  139) Jean has a level head/is level-headed about money.

  对于金钱简头脑是清醒的。

  140) Jean's still feeling a little low after her operation.

  简在手术之后,仍然觉得有些虚弱无力。

  141) Join this pipe to the other one.

  把这根管子和那根接起来。

  142) Keep an account of what you spend.

  把你花的钱记个账。

  143) Law and order is necessary for a peaceful society.

  法律和秩序是一个安宁的社会所必需的。

  144) Lemonade is my favorite.

  柠檬水是我的最爱。

  145) Let's be on the safe side and take more money than we think we'll need.

  我们还是要保险些,多带点钱以备不时之需。

  146) Let's hit the mall.

  我们去逛街吧。

  147) Let's try a different line of approach to the problem.

  咱们试试用另一种方法来解决这个问题。

  148) Life seems to be getting harder for everyone.

  生活对每个人来说都好像是越来越艰难了。

  149) Lisa has a good job in a bank.

  莉萨在一家银行里有一个好职位。

  150) Lisa is the most likely/the likeliest of the people to ask for the job.

  莉萨是申请这个工作的人当中最有希望的。

  151) Lisa was lolling in a chair with her arms hanging over the sides.

  莉萨懒洋洋地靠在椅子上,两只胳膊垂在两边。

  152) Love makes the world go around.

  爱使世界运转。

  153) Luckily, Jean was in when I called.

  很幸运,我打电话去的时候简在家。

  154) Mary always jests about her feelings towards him.

  玛丽总是拿她对他的感情来开玩笑.

  155) Mary bravely laughed off her pain.

  玛丽勇敢地以笑来应对痛苦。

  156) Mary jabbed his stick into the ground.

  玛丽把手杖戳进了地里。

  157) Mary kept his secret for 15 years.

  玛丽为他保守了15年的秘密。

  158) Mary left her job largely because she was bored.

  玛丽离开了她的工作,主要是因为感到厌倦了。

  159) Mary told us most of the story but kept back the part about her parents.

  玛丽把这件事的大部分都向我们讲了,但有关她父母的那一部分没有说。

  160) Mary was leading up to a request for money with her kind words.

  玛丽说了一些客气话是为开口要钱做准备。

  161) Mary would never knowingly hurt anyone.

  玛丽绝对不会故意地伤害任何人。

  162) Moisten the towel with cold water and apply it to the wound.

  把毛巾用冷水浸湿,缚在伤口处。

  163) Money talks.

  没钱可不行(金钱万能)。

  164) Most young people are hooked on the rock and roll.

  大多数青年对摇滚乐有偏好。

  165) My boss expects me to work day and night.

  我的老板恨不得我一天到晚的工作。

  166) My father wasn't there when I came in late, but he gave me hell in the morning.

  我回家太晚,当时爸爸没有在,但第二天早晨他狠狠地骂了我。

  167) My feelings were hurt when Bill didn't ask me to the party.

  比尔没有请我参加聚会,使我很伤心。

  168) My girl friend is a cheer leader.

  我女朋友是拉拉队长。

  169) Never say die.

  永远不要放弃。

  170) No money, no honey.

  没有钱,连女朋友都没有。

  171) Nothing is more important than health.

  健康最重要。

  172) Once Bill threw down the gauntlet, I had to fight.

  一旦比尔提出挑战,我就得迎战。

  173) Optimism makes miracles!

  乐观可以创造奇迹!

  174) Our boss doesn't give us any slack.

  老板从来不让我们有一丝的松懈。

  175) People often have to fight for their liberty.

  人们常常需要为获得自由而斗争。

  176) Please help me; I can't do it alone.

  请帮帮我,我一个人做不了这件事。

  177) Please state your name, age, and occupation on the form.

  请在表格里填上姓名、年龄和职业。

  178) Sandy crosses the desert by jeep.

  桑迪乘吉普车穿越沙漠。

  179) Save your breath; you'll never change her mind.

  别费口舌了,你永远改变不了她的主意的。

  180) She likes to go from man to man.

  她的男友换了一个又一个。

  181) Short skirts went out a few years ago, but they've come back again.

  几年前短裙不流行了,但是现在又流行起来。

  182) Since Ann went to college, Ann's grown away from the family.

  自从上了大学,安和家里人就逐渐疏远了。

  183) Smoking relaxes me.

  吸烟让我放松。

  184) Snow lay thick on the ground.

  雪厚厚地盖着大地。

  185) Sorry for being tardy again.

  对不起,我又迟到了。

  186) Sue's in prison.

  苏被关进监狱。

  187) Take heed of/pay heed to what I say, if you want to succeed.

  如果你要想成功,就得注意我所说的话。

  188) Tennis and swimming is her killer of time.

  网球和游泳是她闲暇时的活动。

  189) That isn't in line with my ideas at all.

  那根本不符合我的想法。

  190) That little girl is very forward.

  那个小女孩很冒失。

  191) That shelf is too high for me; I can't reach it.

  那个架子对我来说太高了,我够不到它。

  192) That wall leans so much that it might fall over.

  那堵墙倾斜得很厉害,可能会倒。

  193) That was a good hit, it almost saved the game.

  那是很好的一击,几乎挽救了这场比赛。

  194) That will lank him in prison.

  那事会弄得他蹲监狱。

  195) The baby can't even walk, let alone run.

  这个婴儿连走路都不会,更不用说跑了。

  196) The bill should be paid by Friday, but they're giving us a week's grace.

  这账应该星期五以前付,但他们给我们一个星期的宽限。

  197) The child danced with glee when he heard the good news.

  这个孩子听见这个好消息后 ,高兴得跳起舞来。

  198) The child's pretty lovely.

  这孩子好可爱啊。

  199) The company is in difficulties at the moment, but we expect it to do well in the long run.

  这家公司目前处于困境,但是我们期望它终究会经营很好。

  200) The crowds jammed the streets, and no cars could pass.

  街道上挤满了人群,什么车辆也无法通过。

  201) The directors will hand down their decision tomorrow.

  董事们明天将宣布他们的决定。

  202) The doctor listened to the rapid heartbeat of the sick child.

  大夫听了听那个病孩子的快速的心跳声。

  203) The dog jealously guarded its bone.

  这狗小心地看守着它的骨头。

  204) The escaped prisoner had been in hiding for two weeks when the police found him.

  当警察找到逃犯时,他已躲藏了两个星期了。

  205) The fall jarred every bone in David's body.

  那一跤震动了大卫每根骨头。

  206) The famous actor now lives in seclusion.

  这位大名鼎鼎的演员现在深居简出了。

  207) They fleeced me.

  他们骗了我。

  208) The food wasn't good, but at least it was cheap.

  这东西不怎么好吃,但至少很便宜。

  209) The greedy little boy ate all the food at the party.

  那贪吃的小男孩把聚会上的食品全吃光了。

  210) The hours I spent with you were the happiest of my life.

  与你一起相处的这段时光是我一生中最愉快的。

  211) The house is too small, and furthermore, it's too far from the city.

  这房子太小,再者它离城也太远。

  212) The leaders will hold off making a decision until Monday.

  领导们将延迟到星期一再做出决定。

  213) The livings are more important to us than the dead.

  活着的人对我们来说比死去的更重要。

  214) The mall is packed today.

  今天商场里的人很多。

  215) The man's familiar behavior angered the woman.

  这男子放肆的行为触怒了这位妇女。

  216) The man's furtive manner made the policeman watch him to see what he would do.

  那人鬼鬼祟祟的样子引起警察对他的监视,看他要做什么。

  217) The most beautiful in the world is your face.

  世界上最美的是你的脸庞。

  218) The motion of the train soon lulled me to sleep.

  火车的摆动使我很快就入睡了。

  219) The news of his death made me very sad.

  我听到他死的消息非常难过。

  220) The next train will be less crowded than this one.

  下一班火车不会像这班火车这样拥挤。

  221) The old bus jerked to a stop.

  那辆旧公共汽车晃动了几下就停住了。

  222) The party was a complete flop: nobody enjoyed it.

  这次聚会是个大失败,没有一个人玩得高兴。

  223) The pillars look solid, but in fact they're hollow.

  这些柱子看起来很结实,实际上里头都空了。

  224) The plane flew off the course.

  飞机飞行偏离了航线。

  225) The plants died through /for lack of water.

  这些植物因缺水而枯死了。

  226) The police held the angry crowd back.

  警察把愤怒的人群给抵挡回去了。

  227) The police let him off, but warned him not to do it again.

  警察没有惩罚他,但警告他不能再那样干了。

  228) The politician leaked the news to the newspapers.

  那个政客向报界泄露了这个消息。

  229) The politician is a baby kisser.

  这位政客不是好东西。

  230) The ship keeled over in the storm.

  那船在风暴中倾覆了。

  231) The sight of the dead body gave me the dry heaves.

  看到了死人的尸体,使得我直想吐。

  232) The silly boy lapped up all their praise.

  那傻男孩不加考虑地接受了他们所有的称赞。

  233) The skirt comes just below my knees.

  这裙子刚刚盖过我的膝盖。

  234) The snow was blowing in her face, but Ann gritted her teeth and went on.

  风雪打在她脸上,但安咬紧牙关继续向前走。

  235) The spot captures the imagination of travelers.

  这里的景点把游人带入了美的境界。

  236) The story was fabricated and completely untrue.

  这篇报导是捏造的,一点都不真实。

  237) The teacher told the whole class that my family was poor; I've never felt so humiliated.

  老师告诉全班同学我家很穷,我从来没有像这样感到丢脸。

  238) The truck refused to give way to the car, and so they caused an accident.

  卡车不给小汽车让路,因而造成了交通事故。

  239) The wall juts out here to allow room for the chimney.

  墙在这里向外伸出,留出了建烟囱的地方。

  240) The water had sculptured the rocks into strange shapes.

  水把岩石侵蚀成了奇形怪状。

  241) The weather was so hot and humid that we all felt uncomfortable.

  天气又热又潮湿,我们都感到很不舒服。

  242) The wind kissed her hair.

  风轻拂着她的头发。

  243) The wood was wet and wouldn't kindle easily.

  这木柴太湿,不容易点燃。

  244) There homegrown apples taste better than the ones from abroad.

  这些自家产的苹果吃起来比进口的味道好。

  245) There seems to be a jinx on our team, because we always lose.

  我们队好像有不吉利的东西,因为我们总是输。

  246) There's no logic in spending money on useless things.

  把钱花在无用的东西上是没道理的。

  247) There's no need to make such hurtful remarks.

  没有必要说这样伤害感情的话。

  248) They goaded him into doing it by saying he was a coward.

  他们叫他胆小鬼,用激将法让他去干这事。

  249) They grinned with pleasure when I gave them the candy.

  我给他们糖果时,他们都高兴得咧嘴笑了。

  250) They had a legitimate reason for being late.

  他们有合情合理的迟到的理由。

  251) They knew full well that Bill wouldn't keep his promise.

  他们了解得十分清楚,比尔是不会遵守诺言的。

  252) They leveled all the old trees to make way for the road.

  他们把老树全部砍倒,腾出地方修路。

  253) They robbed me blind.

  他们把我抢空了。

  254) They took several liberties with the original story when they turned it into a film.

  他们把这个故事改编成电影时,对原文做了一些变动。

  255) They urged her to go with them.

  他们怂恿她跟他们一起去。

  256) This car handles like a tank.

  这车像坦克一样难开。

  257) This dress is too long; I have to take the hem up.

  这衣服太长,我得把它裁短一点。

  258) This is a handy little tool.

  这是一个便于使用的小工具。

  259) This wire is too stiff to knot easily.

  这个金属线太硬,不容易打结。

  260) This writer has scored again with another popular book.

  这位作家因又有一部畅销书而再度获奖。

  261) To be frank, I'm the one who broke your watch.

  说实话,是我摔坏了你的手表。

  262) Tom always gets annoyed when I beat him at cards; Tom's a bad loser.

  当我在打牌时把汤姆打输了,汤姆总是生气,汤姆是一个输不起的人。

  263) Tom haggled for hours over the price of the donkey.

  汤姆为驴的价格讨价还价几个小时。

  264) Tom has been playing tennis as a professional for two years.

  汤姆以职业网球运动员的身份打了两年网球了。

  265) Tom has done a little of work all week.

  整个星期汤姆没干什么活儿。

  266) Tom has remained loyal to the team even though they lose every game.

  尽管球队每一局都输了,汤姆仍旧忠实地支持他们。

  267) Tom seems rather mean, but he has a kind heart.

  汤姆看上去挺小气,但心地善良。

  268) Tom took a long time to get here.

  汤姆花了很长的时间才来到这里。

  269) Tom took all the money and left me high and dry.

  汤姆把所有的钱都拿走了,使我陷于困境。

  270) Tom's a habitual smoker; he always has a cigarette after dinner.

  汤姆是有抽烟习惯的人,总是在饭后吸一支烟。

  271) Trust yourself!

  相信你自己!

  272) Turn on the juice and let's see if this radio works now.

  接上电源,看看这个收音机现在响不响。

  273) We all left the building after a telephone caller said there was a bomb, but it was just a hoax.

  有人打电话来说大楼里有炸弹,我们都离开了,但这只是一个恶作剧。

  274) We can only settle this argument if there is a little give and take on both sides.

  只有双方互谅互让这个争论才能解决。

  275) We can't afford to spend money on luxuries.

  我们花不起买奢侈品的钱。

  276) We gabbed on the telephone for hours.

  我们在电话上闲聊了好几个小时。

  277) We have a lot in common.

  我们有很多志趣相同的地方。

  278) We have always paid the rent on Mondays.

  到目前为止我们总是在星期一交租金。

  279) We should stay closely with the government about this.

  在这件事上我们应当与政府保持密切联系。

  280) We tried to change his mind, but Bill held to his decision.

  我们想法劝他改变主意,但比尔坚持他的决定。

  281) We walked the length of the street.

  我们从街的这一头走到那一头。

  282) We'll have to hurry up in order to finish on Friday.

  为了在星期五完成这项工作,我们得加紧做。

  283) What a fool you are!

  你这个傻子!

  284) What's your ideal man like?

  你心目中的白马王子是什么样子的?

  285) When you get through with your work, let's go out.

  你工作做完以后,我们就出去吧。

  286) Who can say how it happened?

  谁能说出这事是怎么发生的?

  287) Will you let me know if you can't come to dinner?

  如果你不能来参加晚宴,请告诉我好吗?

  288) Words aren't enough to say how much I love you.

  语言难以表达我对你的爱有多深。

  289) Would you like to go to the movies tonight?

  你今天晚上愿不愿意去看电影?

  290) You can make it!

  你一定会成功的!

  291) You cover every inch of my heart.

  你是我心中的白雪公主。

  292) You keep getting fatter and fatter.

  你一天比一天胖。

  293) You must be mistaken.

  你一定搞错了。

  294) You must be tired, but try to hang on till all the work's finished.

  你一定累了,不过要努力坚持到把工作全做完。

  295) You really need to shed some fat.

  你真得减肥了。

  296) You're hedging again——have you or haven't you got the money?

  你又在躲避问题了,你到底拿没拿到钱?

  297) Your boy friend is a bag of bones.

  你的男朋友真瘦。

  298) Your car needs a tune-up.

  你的车该整修了。

  299) Youth is a state of mind.

  青春是年轻的心态。

  300) Youth is not a time of life.

  青春不是一生的时间。




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助

热 点 专 题
第28届世界遗产大会
土耳其人质遭绑架
美国向伊移交萨达姆
反战影片《华氏911》
财政部审计署报告
行政许可法7月实施
凤凰卫视中华小姐大赛
未成年人思想道德建设
不良信息举报



教育频道意见反馈留言板 电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2004 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽