|http://www.sina.com.cn 2004/12/15 14:58 新浪教育|
—How are you?
—Fine, thank you, and you?
—Very well, thank you.
2. Best wishes (祝愿)
— Please give my best wishes/ my regards / my love to your parents.
—Of course, thank you very much.
(1) —This is Tom. That is Green.
—May I introduce you to Tom, Green.
—I’d like to know him. Thank you.
(2) How do you do?
—How do you do, Tom?
—How do you do, Green? Nice/Glad/Pleased/happy to meet/see/know you .
—Nice to meet you, too.
—Oh, it is 11 o’clock. I am afraid I must be leaving now.
—Thank you for your coming to see me.
—It is my pleasure.
5. Thanks and responses(感谢和答应)
—Thank you very much.
—Not at all.
Not at all的意思是“不用谢或不客气”，其它类似的表达方式：You are welcome./That is all right./ Don’t mention it/Forget it. /It is a pleasure. /My pleasure.等。
6. Apologies, regrets, sympathies and responses (道歉、遗憾和应答)
1) sorry/ pardon
—Sorry, but will you repeat it? (I am sorry, I don’t know./I am sorry for what I have done./ I am sorry to have kept you waiting.)
—That is all right. (It doesn’t matter./That is nothing.)
2)Excuse me (for...)
—Excuse me for interrupting you.
—That is nothing.
7. Invitations and responses(邀请和应答)
① —Will you have a seat?
—Thank you very much.
② —Won’t you stay a little longer?
—Yes, I will.
③ —Would you like to come to dinner this evening?
—I’d like/love to, but I am so busy.
8. Offers and responses(提供帮助和应答)
① —Would you like me to get you a cup of tea now?
—Thanks. That would be nice/fine.
② —s there anything else I can do for you?
—No, thanks./Thank you.
③ —Do you want me to help you with the work?
—That is very kind of you, but I can manage it myself.
9. Making appointments(约会)
① —How about going for a drink together?
—All right. See you at six here.
② —Will you come to the party tomorrow?
—Yes, that is all right.
—What time is it?
—It is at seven.
—All right. See you then.
③ —How about going for a swim?
—What time shall we go?
—How about tomorrow afternoon?
—Yes, that is all right.
—Shall we meet at two at the gate of our school ?
—All right. See you then.
10. Intentions and wishes(意愿和希望)
—Would you like to tell us what has happened here now, Mr Zhang.
—Yes, I’d like/love to, but I really know nothing at all.
11. Asking for permission and responses (请求，允许和应答)
① —I wonder if I could use your car.
—Of course you may.(肯定回答) (=Yes, please. Yes, sure. Yes, Certainly. Go ahead, please. That is all right.)
—I am sorry, you can’t.(否定回答) (=I am sorry, but......)
② —Would/Do you mind if I smoke here?
—I am sorry.(或you’d better not.)
—No, not a bit. (可以吸烟)
12. agreement and disagreement (同意和不同意)
Yes, please. Yes, I think so.
That is true.
That is a good idea.
It’s a good idea/that...
I agree with you.
I agree to.../that clause.
(2)No, I don’t think so.
I am afraid not.
I am afraid I (really) can’t agree with you.
—What can I do for you/Can I help you?
—I want/I’d like to buy a dictionary.
—Here you are.
14. Taking meals(就餐)
①—Would you like some more bread/milk...?
—Thank you. I have had enough.
②—Help yourself to the fish, please.
—I am full, thank you. (Just a little, please.)
1.—I think you should phone Jenny and say sorry to her.
— . It was her fault. (NMET2003)
A. No way B. Not possible C. No chance D. Not at all
2. —The boys are not doing a good job at all, are they?
A . I guess not so B. I don’ t guess
C. I don’t guess so D. I guess not
3. —I’m taking my driving test tomorrow.
A. Cheers B. Good luck C. Come on D. Congratulations
4. —Good morning, Grand Hotel .
—Hello, I’d like to book a room for the nights of the 18th and 19th .
A. What can I do for you? B. Just a minute, please.
C. What’s the matter? D. At your service.
5. —Do you think I could borrow your dictionary?
A. Yes, you may borrow B. Yes , you could C. Yes, go on D. Yes, help yourself
6. —Do you think it’s going to rain over the weekend?
A. I don’t believe B. I don’t believe it C. I believe not so D. I believe not
7. —I didn’t know this was one-way street, officer.
— _______. (2000上海)
A. That’s all right B. I don’t believe you
C. How dare you say that D. Sorry, but that’s no excuse.
8. —I don’t have any change with me. Will you pay the fare for me ?
A. That’s fine B. Nothing serious
C. Never mind D. No problem
9. —Do you mind if I keep pets in this building ?
A. I’d rather you didn’t, actually
B. Of course not, it’s not allowed here
C. Great ! I love pets
D. No, you can’t
10. —You’ve given us a wonderful Chinses dinner, Mrs. Wang.
— _____. (2000上海)
A. Oh, I’m afraid I didn’t cook very well
B. I’m glad you enjoyed it
C. Come again when you are free
D. It’s not necessary for you to say so
11. —Shall I help you with that suitcase ?
A. It’s all right, thanks B. Yes, go ahead please
C. I don’t want to trouble you so much D. No, please don’t do it
12. —What about having a drink ?
A. Good idea B. Help yourself C. Go ahead, please D. Me, too
13. —Where is Tom this morning ?
—He’s got a cold.
A. Just tell him to take it easy B. What’s the matter with him
C. He is absent D. What ? Where is he ?
14. —What’s happened to my library books ?
A. I’ve no idea B. You borrowed them from the library
C. You bought them yesterday D. They’re about long life
15. —Mum, I’ve cut my finger. It’s bleeding !
A. Let me see B. Don’t worry
C. Be carful D. Let me have a look
16. —I had really good weekend at my uncle’s.
A. Oh, that’s very nice of you B. Congratulations
C. It’s a pleasure D. Oh, I’m glad to hear that
17. —Can I get you a cup of tea?
A. That’s very kind of you B. With pleasure
C. You can please D. Thank you for the tea
18. —You haven’t been to Beijing, have you ?
—______. How I wish to go there. (NMET1998)
A. Yes, I have B. Yes, I haven’t C. No, I have D. No, I haven’t
19. —I’d like to invite you to dinner this Saturday, Mr Smith.
A. Oh, no. Let’s not B. I’d rather stay at home
C. I’m very sorry, but I have other plans D. Oh, no. That’ll be too much trouble
20. —I’11 be away on a business trip.Would you mind looking after my cat?
—Not at all.______. (NMETl995)
A. I’ve no time B. I’d rather not C. I’d like it D. I’d be happy to
1. A 本题考查情景交际用语。根据会话的语境，尤其是答话人所说的It was her fault.可以判断出答案为A，表示答话人决不打电话向Jenny道歉。no way意为“无论如何也不，决不，没门儿”，故答案为A。
2. D本题考查情景交际用语。根据会话的语境，表达看法用guess时,肯定回答用I guess so，否定回答用I guess not，故最佳答案是D。
3. B 首先排除C,D。C项的意思是“过来”，D项表示“祝贺”，因为是明天刚刚参加考试，还不知结果，因此表达“祝贺”不合适；Cheers意思是“干杯”，与情景不适宜；Good luck是在对方做事情之前表达祝愿的话，故最佳答案是B。
4. B此题考查交际英语用法，属于口语习惯表达。这是宾馆服务员与顾客之间的对话，因此要注意他们各自的身份，说话要符合身份。Just a minute, please意思是“请等一下。”符合服务行业的用语。
5. D 选项A错在缺少宾语it；选项B中应把could 改为can; 选项C中的go on 意为“继续”。都不能作为答案。help yourself 除了有“请随便(吃)”以外，还有“请自己取用”的意思。答案选D。
6. D 这句应该理解为: I don’t believe it is going to rain over the weekend. 而I believe not. 则是上述句子的省略形式，在意思上相当于I don’t think so 。答案选D。
7. D从句中的I didn’t know 表明事情已发生，而且从后文this was a one-way street看出来，是做错了事情，因此，D项很容易选出。
8. D 是回答别人的请求的用语，相当于“没问题”。
9. A 此题应注意用委婉的说法，实际上说话人很介意。
10. B 此题注意两种文化背景的不同而带来的行为习惯的差异。
11. A 从 It’s all right 看出需要帮助，因此谢谢。B项Yes 可以回答，但go ahead please用的不对。
12. A 对别人的提议表示赞成。
13. A 从问句中 “Tom 在哪”已知道Tom缺席，不在场了，C项排除。从He’s got a cold可知，B项排除。D项不符逻辑，因为说话人已经问了一遍“他在哪？”。
14. A 从问句中的library一词可知，书是借的，如选B项等于废话，所问非所答。当然不是买的了，排除C项。D项不符逻辑。
15. D A项意思为：让我想一想，不符逻辑。因为已经切手指并流血了，不能再说“小心”。它要用在事情未发生之前，给予提醒。孩子手破了，不能用Don’t worry去安慰。要有行动。
16. D A表示感谢，B表示祝贺，C表示感谢的应答，D表示喜悦。
17. A 此题考查了对别人提出帮助的应答，A项既表示谢意又表示接受。
18. D 由答语中的一句 “How I wish to go there!” 可知 “I haven’t been to Beijing.”故D为最佳答案。B、C项是语法错误。A项与题意不符。
19. C A项不符逻辑。B项比较生硬，不委婉。D项属于汉式英语。本题区分度为0.513,通过率为48%。
20. D 题干中的Not at all可提供信息，I’d be glad to后面省略了look after your cat，故最佳答案是D。
1. — Waiter!
—I can’ eat this. It’ too salty.
A. Yes, sir? B. What? C. All right? D.Pardon?
—No, thanks. I’m just looking around. I’ll let you know if I want anything.
A. Have you made up your mind what you want
B. What will you buy
C. Can I help you D. Do you like it
3. —Thank you so much for the lovely evening, Jim. Frank and I had such a good time.
—You’re quite welcome, John. ______. We’d been looking forward to seeing you.
A.We’re glad to meet you B. I’m afraid you didn’t have a good time
C. Just stay a little longer D. Thank you for coming
4.—I’m interested in that chair. How much do you want for it?
—_______. I’ll give you $15.00.
—No, that’s not enough.
A.The chair is really nice B.That’s too much
C.Please lower the price
D.Nobody will have it except me
5. —I think I’m coming down with a bad cold.
A. Oh, don’t say that again
B.Then you’d better see a doctor
C.Well, I suggest you have a rest
D.But you should go up a bit
6. — What’s going on?
A.No, we won’t go on. We need rest.
B.The Times Theatre is on fire.
C.I’m going on telling the story.
D.How about some ice cream?
7. — I’m sorry to hear that your mother is ill in hospital.
A.That’s all right B. Don’t be so sorry. She’s well soon
C.It’s nothing D. It’s very kind of you
8. — Your name again, please? ______.
—It’s Bell Green.
A. I didn’t quite catch you
B. I couldn’t quite catch you
C. I don’t hear you D. It’s your name
9. —What do you think of that tea set as a gift for Mary’s birthday?
—_________, but I don’t particularly care for the design.
A. It’s the right thing B. I think it’s a Chinese style
C. Not bad D. Let me think it over once again
10. —Bruce was killed in a traffic accident.
—________ I talked with him yesterday morning!
A. What a pity! B. I beg your pardon?
C. Sorry to hear that. D. Is that so?
11. — Try this yellow shirt.
— How about the red one?
— That’s OK.
A. But I don’t like the size B. I like it very much
C. But I don’t like the color D. I’II take it
12. — ______ It will help you a lot.
— That’s a good idea. Let’s make some.
A. I promise to get you some coffee.
B. Would you please make me some coffee?
C. Help yourself to some coffee.
D. You’d better have some coffee.
13. — I’m so tired, working all morning on the farm.
— Why not take a rest, then?
A. Because I can’t afford it B. Maybe I should
C. I don’t know D. Sorry, I can’t tell you
14. —My daughter has passed the exam.
—Congratulations! She’s really intelligent.
A. No, no, she is nothing. B. Oh, thank you
C. Sometimes she is intelligent. D. You are right.
15. —My children are always arguing.
A. Just ignore them. B. That’s all fight.
C. Are you sure? D. How old are the boys?
16. — Don’t forget to phone me when you get home. Just to let me know you’ve arrived safely.
—I won’t forget. Good-bye then.
A. With pleasure B. Have a nice trip
C. Don’t mention it D.It’s very kind of you
17. —I’m sorry I broke your mirror.
A. It doesn’t matter B. Don’t be so sorry
C. It’s OK with me D. I don’t care
18. —If I were you, I would tell her frankly.
A. It’s none of your business B. It’s my pleasure
C. I will think about it. D. It’s very kind of you to help me
19. —I was so sure that our experiment was going to succeed, but something went wrong at the last moment
—_______, but don’t give it up.
A. You don’t mean that B. Find out the reason
C. Never mind D. I’m sorry to hear that
20.—Have you heard that Susan has been appointed director of the Engineering Department?
—After working so hard for so many years, _______.
A. she surely welcomes it B. she certainly deserves it
C. she is welcome to it D. it’s good news
1. A这是在餐馆里的会话。 “Yes，sir？”意为“先生，什么事?”，yes用升调。
2. C本题是关于购物的日常会话。Can I help you? May I help you? What can I do for you ?等是售货员的职业用语。
4. B购物时讨价还价的用语。That’s too much.意为“太贵了”，相当于That’s too dear／expensive。
5. B come down with a bad cold意为“因感冒而病倒”，此时最重要的就是看医生。
6. B What’s going on?意为 “出什么事了?”
7. D “It’s kind of you.”相当于 “Thank you.”
8. A让对方重复其姓名，是因为没有听清(表示事实);catch 此处意为“听清”。B项是干扰项。说话人要表述的是“刚才没有听清”，而不是“不能听清”。
10. D答语的后半部分是感叹句，说明惊讶的原因；D项 “Is that so?”是用问句的语气表示惊讶；C项与后面的语气不一致，是干扰项。
11. C 由How about the red one? 可知顾客不喜欢衬衫的颜色。
12. D had better表示提出建议，意思是“最好”。
13. B Maybe I should 是Maybe I should take a rest 的省略回答。
14. B 回答祝贺、祝愿或赞扬时，可说 “Thank you.”或 “It’s very kind of you.”等。
15. A 答语应是提出建议。Just ignore them，意思是“别管他们。”
16. B Have a nice trip意思是“旅途愉快”，也可以说 “Have a good journey/trip.”等。
17. A It doesn’t matter，意思是“没关系”，回答I’m sorry, 也可以用that’s all right或That’s nothing。
18. C 这是有关建议的对话。I will think about it意思是“我会考虑的。”
19. D 当别人遇到麻烦时，我们应该说 “I’m sorry to hear that.”这是关心、善解人意的体现；也是英语的习惯表达。B和C都不符合逻辑。
20.B deserve意思是“应该得到”。“勤奋工作了那么多年”，得到提拔自然是理所应当。而D项不符合语法(主语与前面作状语 的介词短语中-ing形式的逻辑主语不一致)。