|http://www.sina.com.cn 2005/03/24 14:42 英语辅导报|
1. I tasted the soup. ( taste 为及物动词，意思为“品尝”。)
2. The soup tastes wonderful. (taste 为系动词，意思为“尝起来，吃起来”，意思基本未变。)
3. He went to the cinema yesterday evening. ( go 是不及物动词，意思为“去，走”。)
4. At the news, he went mad. (go为系动词，失去了“go”的原义，意为“变得”。)
另外，英语中还有一定数量的不及物动词，完全保留了本身的词汇意义，同时又发挥着系动词的功能。它们与主语补足成分连用，所以这类词被称为“准系动词”(quasi-linking verb or half-linking verb)。用于“S+Vi+Cs”(S代表主语，Vi代表不及物动词，Cs代表主语补足语)这一句式的动词都属于这种用法。有时，主语补足语不紧跟系动词，有可能被其它状语成分隔开。以“go”为例：
5. At twenty-four, Tom went half-bald. ( go 为系动词，失去原义。)
6. After midnight, Tom went home bored.( go 为准系动词，保留原义，但同时又连接主语“Tom”和主补“bored”，“home”为副词，表示地点状语。)
Type1: S + Vi +Cs (NP)
7. We parted the best friends.
= We were the best friends when we parted.
8. I stand before you today the representative of a family in grief.
= I am the representative of a family in grief when I stand before you today.
类似的动词包括： come (back), die, fall, go, leave 等。
Type2: S + Vi +Cs (AP)
9. They were born poor, lived poor, and poor they died.
= They were poor when they were born; they were poor when they lived; they were poor when they died.
10. She married young.
= She was young when she married.
11. The morning dawned fresh and clear after the storm at night.
= When the morning dawned after the storm at night, it was fresh and clear.
类似的动词包括：arrive, come (back), dawn, fall, leave, lie, marry, return, sit, stand, turn out 等。
Type3: S + Vi +Cs (Pr.P)
12. The parcel arrived in good condition.
= When the parcel arrived, it was in good condition.
13. They separated with feelings alienation.
= They had feelings alienation when they separated.
类似的动词包括：come, die, fall, go, leave, lie, part, return, sit, stand等。
Type4: S + Vi +Cs (P.P)
14. They stood listening to him.
= They stood while they were listening to him.
15. He came home convinced that she was telling the truth.
= He came home and he was convinced that she was telling the truth.
类似的动词包括：arrive, die, fall, go, leave, lie, return, sit 等。
(文/李燕；英语辅导报 大学一年级版 04～05学年第20期； 版权归英语辅导报社所有，独家网络合作伙伴新浪教育，未经许可，不得以任何形式进行转载。)