双语:艾伦狄珍妮丝笑谈主持奥斯卡之利弊

2013年09月11日17:40  沪江英语 微博   
艾伦狄珍妮丝笑谈主持奥斯卡之利弊艾伦狄珍妮丝笑谈主持奥斯卡之利弊

  To host or not to host, that is the question。主持还是不主持,这是个问题。

  Ellen DeGeneres admits she had difficulty deciding whether to host the Academy Awards for a second time. Although her performance in 2007 received positive reviews and even earned her a Primetime Emmy nomination, the TV star just wasn't sure if she wanted to do a repeat performance。艾伦·狄珍妮丝承认,她在做是否第二次出任奥斯卡主持人的这个决定时感到困难。虽然她在主持2007年的奥斯卡时赢得众多好评,甚至还获得了艾美奖提名,但这位电视明星还不能肯定自己是否愿意做一件重复的事情。

  So like many people faced with a big decision, she made a pros-and-cons list。和许多面临重大抉择的人一样,她列出一份利弊清单。

  So what are the pros and cons of one of the biggest gigs in showbiz? Here's a peek into Ellen's thought process: 那么作为这娱乐界最大的盛典之一,主持奥斯卡有什么利和弊呢?就让我们来看看艾伦的思考过程吧:

  Pro: I get to perform in front of 60 million people。

  Con:Oh my God, 60 million people watch that thing。利:我将在六千万人眼前演出。

  弊:噢,我的天,有六千万人在看那演出。

  Pro: I'll be invited to all the cool Oscar after parties。

  Con: I like to be tucked in by 7:30.利:我将被邀请到奥斯卡颁奖礼后所有的超酷派对。

  弊:我想尽情吃喝,但是在7点半前。

  Pro: Meryl Streep could get a record 17th Oscar nomination。

  Con: Hashtag we're over it, Meryl。利:梅丽尔·斯特里普会创下获得17项奥斯卡提名的纪录。

  弊:我们会结束这一热门话题的,梅丽尔。

  Pro: A lot of fancy designers will approach me to wear a beautiful, expensive gown of theirs。

  Con: Ain't no way in hell I'm wearing a gown。利:许多优秀的设计师们将会来劝我穿上他们美丽昂贵的礼服。

  弊:除非在地狱,也没别的地方我会穿上礼服。

  Pro: I've done it before. The second time should be even better。

  Con: My second sitcom got canceled after five minutes。利:我之前已经主持过了。第二次应该要更好。

  弊:我第二次出演情景喜剧就在五分钟后被撤下了。

  Pro: If I'm on stage hosting, I won't be sitting on my couch drinking margaritas。

  Con: If I'm on stage hosting, I won't be sitting on my couch drinking margaritas。利:如果我在台上主持,我就不会靠在沙发上喝玛格丽特。

  弊:如果我在台上主持,我就不能靠在沙发上喝玛格丽特。

  Pro: The theater holds 3,000 seats。

  Con: It's gonna take 45 minutes to dance through all those aisles。利:剧院有三千坐席。

  弊:到时候要花45分钟在所有走道上跳舞。

  Despite the compelling "cons" on the list, DeGeneres decided to host the 86th annual Academy Awards, which will air Sunday, March 2, on ABC. 即使清单上列出如此有趣的“弊端”,狄珍妮丝已决定主持第86届奥斯卡盛典,将在3月2日周日在ABC上直播。

分享到:
意见反馈 电话:010-62675178保存  |  打印  |  关闭
猜你喜欢

看过本文的人还看过