A:Hello.
你好。
B:Drew. This is Marco.
Drew,我是Marco.
A:Hey,buddy. What's up?
什么事儿?
B:I have a friend. He's like my best friend. He wants to learn English and he would pay 100 kuai per hour. Are you interested?
我有个朋友,他是我最好的朋友,他想学英语并且会一个钟头付一百块钱。你有兴趣吗?
A:I don't know.
不知道。
B:So I take it you're not interested.
这么说你没兴趣?
A:No, Marco. Don't get me wrong. I mean school will be open on June 2nd. And I'll be \having\ a tight schedule by then.
不,Marco.别误会,我是说学校六月二号开学,到时候我肯定会特忙。
B:Don't worry. My friend says he can always arrange his schedule around your schedule.
别担心,我朋友说他会按你的计划来调整他的时间。
A:That'll be fine. When can I see him?
那太好了。我什么时候能见他?
B:Let's make it this way. I'll take him to your house this Saturday. Then you two can make a schedule.
这么办吧。我周六把他带到你那。然后你们可以定个计划。
A:Make sure you come here before noon. I'll be picking up my friend at the airport in the afternoon.
最好上午来,我下午还要去机场接朋友呢。
B:How are you going to get there?
你坐什么车去?
A:By bus,of course.
当然是公车
B:Drew. I'm sure my friend can give you a ride.
我肯定我朋友会开车送你去的
A:Great. By the way, what does your friend do
太好了。顺便说一下。你朋友是做什么的?
B:He's a professional bachelor.
他是职业光棍儿。
A:A professional bachelor? Why doesn't he get married?
职业光棍儿?为什么不结婚?
B:He thinks marriage is a kiss of death.
他说婚姻是坟墓。
A:Hopefully, he's not gay.
希望他不是同性恋
B:Stay at ease. He isn't.
放心。他不是。
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
[1]So I take it you're not interested.这么说你没兴趣了。在这里,take表示认为。it则是指后面说的所有情况。Ie: I take it you don't like her.这么说你不喜欢她了。
[2] He thinks marriage is a kiss of death.死亡之吻其实是指任何不好的事儿。你可以讲Smoking is a kiss of death.吸烟不好。或是Drinking is a kiss of death.喝酒不好。
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思
[ ie:What does "***"mean?"***"是什么意思?]
bachelor girl Give me a hand. tuitor favor
注:书中对话仅作参考,重要的是拿起电话,就自己喜欢的内容与老外反复练习。轻易不出口,出口必砸人。
|