B:another two days that I didn't see u, how are u?(又是两天不见了,Nikky,你好么)
N:fine, just preparing for my classes.(很好,在准备我的课)
B:u must be a good teacher aide.
N: :)
B: what courses u have to take for your classes, economy?(你在准备什么课,经济学么?)
N: something like that.(差不多吧)
B: do u like your job?
N:“like”might be not a proper word, u know, been here for several years, and I am used to this sort of life here.(“喜欢”也许并不恰当,在这里好几年了,我已经适应这里的生活了)
B: your university must be beautiful.(你们学校一定很美!)
N: not big one, but we have very smart students.(我们学校不大,但学生很聪明)
B: because they got a smart teacher, how is it going on with your coworkers? (因为他们有个聪明的老师呀,你们同事怎么样)
N: we get along very well, knew each other, and play with each other, and last week, we have a great party.(相处很好,互相了解,在一起玩,上周,我们有一个很不错的party)
B: cool, all female coworkers? (真酷,都是女同事么)
N: no, most of them are males, we're relationship oriented, we meet each other, we want to be great friends.(不,大部分都是男同事,以友谊为导向和出发点,彼此认识,我们希望能够成为很好的朋友)
B: envy u so much, u know, I wish to be as lucky as u, but the problem is I don't understand my job, sometimes.(好羡慕你,希望能和你一样幸运,但问题是有时候我不理解我的工作)
N: how come , my friend?(怎么了,我的朋友)
B: I'm fine, I just try to figure out what is my work for?(我很好,只是在想工作是为了什么?)
N: that's work , u are paid to do that, my friend, make some adjustment, is there anything particular happened?(工作本来就是这个样子的呀,人家付钱嘛,我的朋友,调整一下,是不是有什么特别的事情发生)
B: no, nothing happened.(不,什么也没有发生)
N: then what's going on?
B: yes, I was paid for what I do, sometimes I was at the edge, I intend to put my interest and my work together and tried that for a long time but still find out that it didn't work out the way I wish.(是的,人家是付给我钱,有时候我有点极端,在相当长一段时间内,我试图把我的兴趣和工作融合起来,但最终发现事情并不像我想像的那样【注】at the edge偏激)
N: this is about the work, Brian, don't mix them up.(工作本来如此,Brian,不要把工作和兴趣搞混了,【注】mix up这个优秀的词组字面意思一看就知道,但问题是以前我很少说过,自从和Nikky谈话后,这个词组就在也不会搞混了)
B: yes, I don't want to mix them up , that why I ask u about that, have u ever met the same, I mean, the same situation like me, your current job is what u intend to do in the next 5 or next 10 years?(是呀,我也不想把它们搞混,这也是我为什么要问你,你有没有遇见过和我相同的情况,我是说你现在所做的工作就是你5年或者10以后的工作么)
N: I don't like my job much actually, but don't hate it either, find I can get along with it very well, I don't need a change , at least currently.(实际上我也不太喜欢现在的工作,但是也不讨厌它,发现我还是很能适应我的工作的,我不需要什么改变,至少现在)
【Brain小结】
这本来不应该是本书的内容,主要是不想让读者的心情也跟我当时一样糟。
|