首页 新闻 体育 娱乐 游戏 邮箱 搜索 短信 聊天 天气 答疑 导航


新浪首页 > 新浪教育 > 《魔法英语》课文译注 > 第二十五课:吴哥寺

第二十五课:吴哥寺
http://www.sina.com.cn 2003/10/17 11:24  新浪教育

  

 课文翻译

  1. Dialogue对话………………………………

  Tang Ling and Bob are building an outdoor platform for plays and concerts at

  唐玲和鲍勃在为大学戏剧音乐(节)建造一座

  the university.

  露天舞台。

  BOB: We'll have to buy some more bricks. I don't think these will be enough.

  鲍勃:我们需要再买些砖。我认为这些还不够。

  TANG:OK. We can get some more tomorrow. We should finish the floor now.

  唐:好吧。我们明天再多买些。我们现在应该把地板弄好。

  Can you take the other end of this piece of wood? Now you have to pull

  你能抓住这个木板的另一端吗?现在你要来回拉动木板,

  it to make the surface smooth like that.

  将舞台地面打磨得像那边一样光滑。

  BOB: The wall behind looks a bit grey and dull. What can we do to make it

  鲍勃:后面那堵墙看起来有点暗淡。我们能不能

  look less ugly?

  让它漂亮点?

  TANG:I think we should paint it white. Then we can do some drawings on it.

  唐:我认为我们应该把它粉刷一下,然后再在上面画些画。

  BOB: I'll start tomorrow.

  鲍勃:我明天就开始干。

  TANG:No,no drawings can be done until the wall is dry. That may take about a week.

  唐:不行。墙不干是不能在上面画画的。可能需要一周墙才能干。

  BOB: A week? As long as that?

  鲍勃:一周?要那么长的时间?

  TANG:Yes, and we must stop people walking on this floor until it's firm. It

  唐:是的,而且在地板坚固以前,我们必须防止人们从地板上行走。

  may be necessary to put up a notice saying“keep off”. Another thing,

  也许还需要竖立一个布告牌,写上“不得践踏”。还有一件事,

  we'll have to drill a hole in the wall for the electric wires.

  我们必须在墙上钻一个电线孔。

  BOB: That's easy. I can do that tomorrow. I'll bring my drill.

  鲍勃:那容易。我明天就做。我把钻头带来。

  TANG:What are you doing this evening?

  唐:今晚你准备干什么?

  BOB: I'm not sure. I ought to do some studying, as I've got masses of work

  鲍勃:我还不清楚。我有许多作业要做,按理我应该学习,

  to do, but I think I'll be too tired. Maybe I'll just watch the news on

  但是我想这样我就太累了。我会看看电视新闻,

  television and go to bed early.

  早点上床睡觉。

第二十五课:吴哥寺

 

  重点·难点·考点及疑点注释

  1As long as that?这个句子是省略句,其完整形式为:Will it take as long as that?

  2It may be necessary to do sth.也许有必要做某事。

  It may be necessary to set up a fence around the garden.

  恐怕有必要在花园周围建一道篱笆。

  3put up张贴;公布;举起;建造

  A notice has been put up.贴出了一张布告。

  4keep off不让接近;避开;挡住;远离;使远离

  Keep your fingers off the wet paint.油漆未干,请勿触摸。

  5masses of大量的;一块块的

  There are masses of people in the hall, who want to listen to the lecture by

  the famous scientist.大厅里有许多人想听这位著名的科学家作报告。




英语学习论坛】【评论】【 】【打印】【关闭
Annotation

新闻查询帮助



文化教育意见反馈留言板电话:010-62630930-5178 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

Copyright © 1996 - 2003 SINA Inc. All Rights Reserved

版权所有 新浪网
北京市通信公司提供网络带宽