http://www.sina.com.cn 2008年02月27日 10:34
例一：It was evening we reached the little town of Winchester.
A. that B. until
C. since D. before
例二：The field research will take Joan and Paul about five months; it will be a long time _____ we meet them again.
A. after B. before
C. since D. when
例三：He was told that it would be at least three more months he could recover and return to work.
A. when B. before
C. since D. that
例四：Scientists say it may be five or six years it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
例五：——Why didn’t you tell him about the meeting?
——He rushed out of the room _____I could say a word.
A. before B. until
C. when D. after
例六：——How long do you think it will be ____China sends a manned spaceship to the moon?
——Perhaps two or three years.
A. when B. until
C. that D. before
1. The cost of living in Glasgow is among the lowest in Britain, the quality of life is probably one of the highest.
A. since B. when
C. as D. while
2. I'd like to study law at university ____ my cousin prefers geography.
A. though B. as
C. while D. for
3. I do every single bit of housework ___ my husband Bob just does the dishes now and then.
A. since B. while
C. when D. as
4. They were surprised that a child should work out the problem __ they themselves couldn’t.
A. once B. while
C. if D then
5. We thought there were 35 students in the dining hall, _____, in fact, there were 40.
A. while B. whether
C. Although D. when
1. Why do you want a new job you’ve got such a good one already?
2. How can you expect to learn anything _____you never listen?
A. in case B. even if
C. unless D. when
1. _____ I really don’t like art, I find his work impressive.
2. _____ modeling business is by no means easy to get into, the good model will always be in demand.
A. While B. Since
C. As D. If
3. I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person.
A. While B. Since
C. Before D. Unless
4. _____ I admit that there are problems, I don’t think that they cannot be solved.
A. Unless B. Until
C. As D. While