Potluck Party =一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,参加的人必须带一道菜或准备饮料。最好事先问问主人的意思。
Pull over!把车子开到旁边。
Drop me a line!写封信给我。
Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧!
For here or to go?=Having here or take away? 堂食或外卖。
What's up? = What's happening? = What's new?见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什麽?有什麽新鲜事吗?一般的回答是“Nothing much!” 或“Nothing new!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
Don't give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!
Get yourself together! 振作点行不行!
Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。
Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。
Give me a break ! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。
What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。
Go for it.= 加油
You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的!
Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。
Don't be so fussy! 别那麽挑剔好不好。
It's a long story. 说来话长。
How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?
Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。
Don't put on airs. 别摆架子。
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人。
What's the catch? 有什麽内幕?
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 讨厌的东西、人或事。
Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!
Afat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小。
Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日梦。
I am so fed up. 我受够了!
It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。
已收藏!
您可通过新浪首页(www.sina.com.cn)顶部 “我的收藏”, 查看所有收藏过的文章。
知道了