|http://www.sina.com.cn 2005/04/27 17:41 华夏大地自考版|
Part One (60 Points)
Complete each of the following sentences with the most likely answer. (25 points.)
1. All things------, he is the best person we can find for the job.
A. considering B. being considered C. having considered D. considered
2. The poor woman asked the lawyer what---- his judgment
A. did he base B. he based C. had he based D. he had based
3. You----be too careful when you use a knife (to cut things).
A. shouldn’t B. can’t C. won’t D. oughtn’t
4. We will go on with the project-----difficulties we may meet with.
A. however B. whenever C. whatever D. wherever
5. It is essential that a student complete the assignments----required.
A. than B. as C. like D. thus
6. He-----unwisely, but he was at last trying to do something helpful.
A. should act B. would act C. may have acted D. must have acted
7. -----six days later, the boy was more dead than alive.
A. Rescued B. Rescuing C. Having been rescued D. Having rescued
8. None of their new products have sold well, ----?
A. haven’t they B. have they C. hasn’t it D. Has it
9. Students should not be easily contented with the facts offered in textbooks, as many things in the world are----a matter of attitude and perception------the simple memorization of facts.
A. either, or B. neither, not C. more, than D. both, and
10. In the area, AIDS is----disease that the very mention of it strikes terror into the population.
A. so dreadful a B. such dreadful C. a so dreadful D. a such dreadful