A:Jake, I’d like to tell you something about the universities in the States today.
Jake,我今天给你讲讲美国大学的事儿
B:Wonderful. I would like to know how university works before I go abroad.
好啊。我出国之前也想了解一下大学是怎样运作的。
A:Ok, first, you should know 3 very important people on campus. They’re chancellor, who’s in charge of the whole university. Program director, who is always a professor and he teaches. The last one is department chair, who is in charge of the whole departments.
首先,你的知道学校里的三个重要人物。他们是校长,他负责整个大学。部门督导,他通常是个教授。最后是系主任,他负责所有的系
B:Then what comes after them?
那他们之后呢?
A:Then there comes dean, who’s in charge of diffenent colleges.
之后是主任。他负责各个分院
B:Where do I pay the tuition?
我在哪交学费呢?
A:The Bursar’s Office. That is also a place \where\ you can apply for financial aid. But make sure you apply for the loan every January.
财务处。在这里你也可以申请经济援助。但只能在一月申请
B:Thank. What about registering classes? \where\ should I go to register my class?
谢谢。那我在哪登记课程呢?
A:You’ll have to go to the Registra. A Registrar could be a person, and it could be a department.
你得去登记处。
B:Is there more?
还有吗?
A:Of course. Cause you are a foreign student, I’m afraid you’ll have to go to the Study Abroad Department. That’s a department that helps abroad students to get housing and other stuff.
当然,因为你是外国学生,恐怕你得去一趟海外学生部。那是帮留学生找房子和办其它事情的部门。
B:Jesus. There’re so many things to remember.
老天,这么多
A:And they have…
还有…
B:[Exaggeration]Oh my God.
[夸张地]天啊
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
[1] \where\ do I pay the tuition? Tuition通常是指学费,而另外一个词Fee则是指杂费。上学时我们会交学杂费,因此就有tuition fee合用的情况。
[2]这是学员们教学费的地方。这个词即可以指人,也可以指地方。
[3] Registrar课堂登记处
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思
[ ie:What does“***”mean?“***”是什么意思?]
student lounge tenure professor associate professor assistant professor auditorium dormitory
注:书中对话仅作参考,重要的是拿起电话,就自己喜欢的内容与老外反复练习。轻易不出口,出口必砸人。
|