历时三年积累的地道俚语:干脆把话挑明

http://www.sina.com.cn 2009年12月22日 11:28   沪江英语

  8.He won a monkey at the horse races。

  他在跑马中赢了500美元。

  9.I wish that you would put your cards on the table。

  我希望你干脆把话挑明。

  10.Love is photogenic.It needs darkness to develop。

  爱情就象照片,需要大量的暗房时间来培养。

  (十八)

  1.You are a dreamboat。

  你是位(异性所追求的)理想人选。

  2.Tell me your story,I‘m all ears。

  告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听。

  3.Have you ever seen your old fame?

  你还见过你的旧情人吗?

  4.I can‘t burn the candle at both ends forever。

  我不能永远这么消耗精力。

  5.You are always trying to get my goat。

  你总是想惹我发火。

  6.You swept me off my feet。

  你使我神魂颠倒。

  7.I‘ve been dying to meet you。

  我非常非常想见到你。

  8.We will take a chance on the weather and have the party outdoors。

  我们将冒天气的险在室外聚会。

  9.Never say die.Try again and you‘ll probably succeed。

  别灰心,再试一次,你会成功的。

  10.Just cool your heels!

  好了,安静会儿吧!

  (十九)

  1.She seems like a cold fish。

  她看上去冷冰冰的。

  2.I‘m so surprised that you have the face to do so!

  你怎么有脸做出这样的事!

  3.I‘m only waiting for the green light from you。

  我在等您的允许。

  4.Mary wanted to buy that painting by Picasso,but another millionaire beat her to the draw。

  玛丽想买毕加索的那幅画,不过另一个百万富翁捷足先登了。

  5.Work on the construction site was at full blast。

  建筑工地的工作已经全面展开。

  6.The judge will put him behind bars for at least two years。

  法官最少也会判他坐两年牢。

  7.He suddenly realized that he had been made a monkey of by his opponents。

  他突然发现自己被对手给耍了。

  8.The fighter planes saved our necks。

  空军的战斗机保全了我们的生命。

  9.Mind you eye!

  当心!

  10.He sat there without turning an eyelash。

  他泰然自若地坐在那边。

  (二十)

  1.Drop me a line!

  写封信给我。

  2.You‘d better look before you leap。

  你最好三思而后行。

  3.Draw your chair up to the table。

  把你的椅子拉到桌子旁边来。

  4.I lost the door key about here。

  我在这附近掉了门钥匙。

网友评论

登录名: 密码: 快速注册新用户
发表评论 _COUNT_条
爱问(iAsk.com)
不支持Flash