In some situations, you might have to tell people to quieten down and stop talking just before someone is about to speak (in a presentation, a meeting or conference) or a play is about to start in the theatre. In those instances, you would politely ask people to stop talking。
有时候在别人正准备说话前(做介绍或在会议中)或是剧场里表演开始前,你需要告诉大家安静下来,别再说话了。这些情况下,你需要礼貌地告诉大家不该再说话了。
However, there are many more situations when you don’t want to politely ask the person or people to stop talking, especially if they have really annoyed you or you are fed up with the noise they’re making. In which case, the idioms below would come in extremely useful!
但是,很多情况下你不想礼貌地请别人停止说话,尤其是他们打扰到你或是你受够了他们制造的噪音,这时候下面的习语就派上用场啦!
1. Put a sock in it (英式英语)
I’ve had enough of your moaning for one day. Why don’t you put a sock in it?
这一天我都在听你抱怨,安静一点行不行啊!
注:有时候你也会听到“put a cork in it”,意思是一样的。
2. Cork it
“Shhh, cork it and listen to him”。
“嘘,别说了,好好听他说。”
注:“put a cork in it”更常用。
3. Button it
“Button it, ok. I’m trying to think!”
“闭嘴好吗,我在思考呢!”
4. Shut your pie hole(美式英语)or Shut your cake hole(英式英语)
“Just shut your pie hole, man。”
“闭上你的嘴!”
注:这句是《阿凡达》的台词哦!
5. Zip your lips or Zip it!
I’ve heard enough of your nonsense, mate. Now zip it!
哥们,你说的废话我都听够了,现在可以闭嘴了吧!
6. Wind your neck in
“Why don’t you just wind your neck in for once and listen to what I have to say?”
“为什么你就不能闭嘴好好听我说呢?”
7. Simmer down
Ok, children. I need you all to simmer down and listen to Jason’s story。
好的,孩子们,现在我需要你们安静下来听杰森的故事。
注:这句话并不粗鲁,也没有冒犯的意思,只是用在非正式场合。
8. Pipe down
“Come on, everyone. Pipe down or else you will all get detention!”
“所有人安静,否则留堂处分!”
文章关键词: 双语
闂傚倷绀侀幖顐﹀磹缂佹ɑ娅犳俊銈傚亾妞ゎ偅绻堥、娆撴倷椤掆偓椤庡繘姊洪幐搴㈢叄闁告洘蓱缁傛帒鈽夐姀锛勫弳濠电偞鍨堕悷褔鎮¢鐐寸厵妤犵偛鐏濋悘顏堟煙瀹勭増鍤囩€殿喗鎸抽幃銏ゅ川婵犲啰妲曢梻浣藉吹婵敻宕濋弴鐘电濠电姴娲㈤埀顒€鍊块崺鈩冨閸楃偞璐¢柍褜鍓ㄧ紞鍡樼濠婂牆绀傚┑鐘插绾剧厧霉閿濆娑у┑陇娅g槐鎺楀矗濡搫绁悗瑙勬磸閸斿矁鐏掗梺鍏肩ゴ閺呮粓骞嗛敐鍛傛棃鎮╅棃娑楃捕闂佽绻戠换鍫ョ嵁婢舵劖鏅搁柣妯哄暱閸擃參姊虹化鏇炲⒉婵炲弶绻勭划鍫⑩偓锝庡枟閸嬶綁鏌涢妷鎴濇噹閳敻姊虹紒妯尖棨闁稿海鏁诲顐㈩吋閸涱垱娈曢梺鍛婂姈閸庡啿鈻撻弻銉︹拺闁告稑锕ョ粈鈧梺闈涙处宀h法鍒掗銏犵<婵犻潧瀚Ч妤呮⒑閻熸壆浠㈤悗姘煎枤婢规洟鏁撻敓锟�闂傚倷鑳剁划顖炲礉濡ゅ懎绠犻柟鎹愵嚙閸氳銇勯弮鍥撳ù婧垮€栫换娑㈠箣閻忔椿浜滈锝夊箮閼恒儱浠梺鎼炲劤閸忔ê顬婇鈧弻娑欐償椤栨稑顏�